Petition to increase Cacti Sell Price.

ItzSanso

ELITE
ItzSanso
ItzSanso
ELITE
Ratings
4 4
Ok, we get it, since its the only crop that can be automated in a large-scale, its the one that's cheaper, OK.

But 0.5 per unit? Really? A double chest makes $1,728, while a double chest of sugarcane makes 260x that.
In my opinion (and alot of other people think it too) cacti is too nerfed. It should get a buff, to maybe $20 per piece, which would be 34k per double chest. Still not as much as other crops, but still low enough to not make the economy go boom.

Drop a +1 in the comments if you agree.

Ratings
Hello,
I'm against. The price should not increase. The economy is perfect as it is.
I think the cactus is all about past now... there are plenty new ways to make money. The automatization has been nerfed and I think it's great how it is... just play and farm like every one does.

Cordialement,
sucramoklm

pretzel3567

ELITE
Pretzel3567
Pretzel3567
ELITE
Ratings
9 1
Can you please elaborate in which ways having cacti at 0.5 makes sense?
They made it that cheap because it is the only crop that can be automated and fully fill out a chunk since it requires no redstone at all and chunks have limits on detectors and things like that, so since it can be easily made into the largest farm it was given the lowest sell price. And yes it does disincentivize people to make large scale cactus farms due to the amount of work required, but some people would have no problem making a massive cactus farm in a very short amount of time.

ItzSanso

ELITE
ItzSanso
ItzSanso
ELITE
Ratings
4 4
They made it that cheap because it is the only crop that can be automated and fully fill out a chunk since it requires no redstone at all and chunks have limits on detectors and things like that, so since it can be easily made into the largest farm it was given the lowest sell price. And yes it does disincentivize people to make large scale cactus farms due to the amount of work required, but some people would have no problem making a massive cactus farm in a very short amount of time.
That's not the problem, i am OK with cactus being the crop that gives the less amount of money, but it is EXAGGERATED, like 1.7k per double chest? I make more by bonemealing (or if you have a Donor Rank, spamming shift) a cocoa bean. That, makes no sense.

OPCape

Ratings
19 2
I think that since we already have come a pretty long way with most islands having iron golems, I think it could be okay to up the price just a bit. Don’t think it will matter too much on the economy. But rather help smaller islands get better

Ratings
Cactus is known as the joke farm at this point. its become so trash no matter how big it is that people just ignore it and laugh at the notion of it. lowering the price is understandable. but as of now cactus is worth so little that pig spawers out worth it. the point of nerfing it was to balance the economy, yet all you did was make it so the cheapest spawner is better then a cactus farm and you can automate the pig spawners. proving cactus useless. 0.5 for 1 cactus is pointless and does nothing but discourage the players. I have yet to see any cactus farms due to this. the farm at its current value to useless and if its going to stay that way should be removed entirely. all it does it confuse new players when they think it will be good just to waste their time and make them a laughing stock.

ItzSanso

ELITE
ItzSanso
ItzSanso
ELITE
Ratings
4 4
Cactus is known as the joke farm at this point. its become so trash no matter how big it is that people just ignore it and laugh at the notion of it. lowering the price is understandable. but as of now cactus is worth so little that pig spawers out worth it. the point of nerfing it was to balance the economy, yet all you did was make it so the cheapest spawner is better then a cactus farm and you can automate the pig spawners. proving cactus useless. 0.5 for 1 cactus is pointless and does nothing but discourage the players. I have yet to see any cactus farms due to this. the farm at its current value to useless and if its going to stay that way should be removed entirely. all it does it confuse new players when they think it will be good just to waste their time and make them a laughing stock.
You couldn't have explained it better. If they dont increase the price, just remove cactus at all.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
You couldn't have explained it better. If they dont increase the price, just remove cactus at all.
It can still be bought for dye and having it for basically nothing means it may as well not be there. There is 0 sense in removing it as then its something either hard to get or hard to get rid of.

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
Prices should stay as is.

Yes, you'll get tons more money farming sugarcane or bone mealing cocoa. Which is good, because those require actual player interaction. Cactus you can just AFK at with zero effort.

Filling an entire island with a giant cactus farm may show an impressive amount of effort, but it's super boring.

Leapinglizard101

MVP+
leapinglizard101
leapinglizard101
MVP+
Ratings
17 2
Prices should stay as is.

Yes, you'll get tons more money farming sugarcane or bone mealing cocoa. Which is good, because those require actual player interaction. Cactus you can just AFK at with zero effort.

Filling an entire island with a giant cactus farm may show an impressive amount of effort, but it's super boring.
I agree before people would have islands and islands maxed with cactus and would take lots of time and effort. however, it is time that we move away from this and the reset was a great time to do it. I believe the economy is great the way it is and shouldn't be affected by bringing back cactus. ANY MAJOR CHANGES WILL ONLY BREAK THE ECONOMY. WE NEED TO AVOID THAT.

Corl

Ratings
Ok I did the math, and if you were to make a cactus farm at max capacity with the largest plot, from 0-250 blocks tall, it would generate roughly 15mil every hour. and now your probably thinking I'm proving your point. until you do the math for price of building it. it would cost 27,750,000,000 JUST FOR THE DAMN FENCES. that is insane and pointless. if your able to make 27bil then whatever method your using will be 100x better then the cactus.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
increase it to like $1 lol $0.5 is kinda ridiculous. Then again, I don't really play skyblock lol. Cactus farms on oly is the norm.

Ratings
its designed to be pointless.... if u want to automate go for it, there's ur income .. but the people who are grinding manual farms should be lightyears ahead of those that want to afk.

if u want to make money grind 4 it.

LordWarlock

VIP+
LordWarlock
LordWarlock
VIP+
Ratings
Ok I did the math, and if you were to make a cactus farm at max capacity with the largest plot, from 0-250 blocks tall, it would generate roughly 15mil every hour. and now your probably thinking I'm proving your point. until you do the math for price of building it. it would cost 27,750,000,000 JUST FOR THE DAMN FENCES. that is insane and pointless. if your able to make 27bil then whatever method your using will be 100x better then the cactus.
Except you don't need fence posts to do it right, but you do need a chunk hopper. That, string and sand make an extra dense cactus farm that is like 8 times more productive than the type you were suggesting and can be AFKed. I think the sell price is reasonable with this setup being an option. (figure each chunk, 16x16x250 gives 8x16 sets of cacti at every Y level so 128x248 [starter level and sand] so, see what we are talking about here?)

Corl

Ratings
it does not matter how compact you make it, it will get you nothing compared to other farms. no matter how big you make it theres always stuff thats better. cactus sells for so low. and farming for that much string would take weeks, not to mention the cost of sand.

LordWarlock

VIP+
LordWarlock
LordWarlock
VIP+
Ratings
I never said it was as effective, it depends on factors we can't quantify here. An AFK farm is a bad idea if you can be active 90% of the time you are on the server. However, the opposit might also be true, an afk farm might be reasonable if you are only able to be active about 10% of the time you are on the server, we don't know.

The point of my post was that the server price has to take into account using the best method of creating a farm. So, while it might not be realistic that someone would spend the time/money to build one, if they set the price based on the farm design originally specified, then the "dense" farm might become excessively Op. I don't think the prices are that out of whack, and if I had both a chunk hopper and an infinity chest, I'd build one just to be able to give realistic numbers of what it produces.

Ratings
I understand where you're coming from. but lets talk about its value compared to other options. if you afk any grinder at all it will produce more then the cactus. yes it is true massive compact cactus farms will generate an insane amount of money. you can say the same about any of the grinders. if you pay the same amount of money you would use for the cactus into the cheapest spawner "pigs" it would not only generate 10x more, it would also be afkable and take up less space. you have to consider the other options.

Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
Personally, I think it should stay at the same price. Cacti has been used in the past, and maybe it is possibly time to change. The economy is also just as fine as it is without cacti, and with cacti, I can imagine (from older seasons) that it would cause a lot of lag. on the server and there would be a lot of complaining people lol.

Cacti were good, but now I think Manacube did well for lowering the price.