Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
curtis18264
Map name: Pick up that can
Theme: A metrocop from Half Life 2
/plot h curtis18264 2 (top right of plot)
Hard
60 Jumps
2020-06-30_16.58.06.png
2020-06-30_16.58.16.png
2020-06-30_16.58.30.png

pick it up.gif

I was speaking with @MCBYT the other day, and he told me its a good idea to make good maps, which is what inspired me to make this map. Anyway, this and the luigi map are the only times I've made human-like figures before. There are things I wish I did differently to make it look less awkward, but I still like the end result.

Also this is my 100th forum post woOot

Edit: Added a few more jumps and changed the difficulty to hard

Last edited:

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hello o/

I just tested your map and I have nothing but positive things to say. First of all, the build looks amazing. An accurate and detailed representation of that gif. Congratulations on the organic too, it looks just right! Now for the parkour. It was quite fun, varied throughout the map with many different jumps and blocks so good job. However, I feel like it doesn't suit the medium difficulty you are going for. Judging by the length and the difficulty of the jumps, I'd say it makes for a very good hard map. I suggest changing the difficulty to match it. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion and it doesn't mean your map will get accepted OR that the map judge will agree with me.

Good luck with your submission :)

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Hello o/

I just tested your map and I have nothing but positive things to say. First of all, the build looks amazing. An accurate and detailed representation of that gif. Congratulations on the organic too, it looks just right! Now for the parkour. It was quite fun, varied throughout the map with many different jumps and blocks so good job. However, I feel like it doesn't suit the medium difficulty you are going for. Judging by the length and the difficulty of the jumps, I'd say it makes for a very good hard map. I suggest changing the difficulty to match it. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion and it doesn't mean your map will get accepted OR that the map judge will agree with me.

Good luck with your submission :)
Thanks for the advice! I think you're right, so I will be adding a little more jumps and changing the difficulty later today. Thank!

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey Curtis!

Your map is being ACCEPTED!

The build is quite good. I really love the Half Life series and finally seeing a map of it makes me happy. You pretty much just recreated that gif and that makes your build accurate to your theme. Your theme is original and I love how the Metrocop looks, I think you nailed it. Good shading on the Metrocop as well!

The parkour is good. It's not overly varied but its not repetitive so it's in the golden middle of a parkour map. Your jump difficulty and length fits a hard map so good job. Only thing I had to change was you had a medium pad at the end instead of a hard so I fixed that for you.

Thank you for submitting this map and I hope to see more from you in the future!
- caseyclosed

Status
Not open for further replies.