Rejected Piston Door (easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PusherSlider
Piston Door
Difficulty: easy
48 Jumps
2 Checkpoints
This is my first map and is based around a 3x3 piston door since I am into redstone. It has two redstone-based jumps, both of which involve the player using a button. I made both the door and map (the door only works in 1.11+ since it uses observers.) The door has been built at a 1:5 scale, with the end in the middle of the door frame,

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello PusherSlider,

I regret to inform you that this map is being rejected. The theme is not very original, since we have many, many Minecraft themed maps already. The build is also what we refer to as 3D pixel art style, which isn't accepted on ManaCube anymore.

The parkour is a bit too hard for an easy I would say, especially with the use of the pistons for jumps. Pistons don't work at all in the normal parkour world, so these jumps sadly cannot work (it would be cool if they did). The parkour also isn't varied (using many different kinds of blocks to make the course) or mixed (using these different blocks all throughout the map so the map isn't repetitive) much, and I found the path to be a bit confusing. There were a few directional signs, but I think more descriptions and arrow signs/heads could have been added to make the path clear and less messy. There's also a large exploit: http://prntscr.com/suhsb1

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions about your submission, please feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord!

Status
Not open for further replies.