First Name
John

Country or Timezone
United States

Discord username
PizzaMorris#2210

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I want to become staff because in my time playing here, as a member to a mvp+, I hear a lot about strong communities among other gamemodes. Every gamemode besides Kitpvp... I've realized how many people who support this gamemode are anti-friendly. I would say the hackers as well but you can't have a good server if the people at the top are ruthless to new players. Me and my friends have experienced this when I joined this server not to long ago, we joined looking for some pvp, many kitpvp servers have a stale taste but we enjoyed playing this one. Behind the scenes of staff the real vulgar and rude side of the community stands out. Without saying any names I've seen new players bullied into leaving the server for good. I've also seen other supporters of this server get mistreated and disrespected to the point of quitting kitpvp. There are way to many toxic individuals within this kitpvp community and I don't want that to be what shines for manacube in any sense.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I've played Manacube and Kitpvp since 09/10/19.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
I can dedicate at least 4-5 hours each day and about 7 or 8 on a day off. I do work all week days and sometimes Saturdays so I would be more of a night-shift player. I've already spent a total of 16 or more days worth of playtime on kitpvp alone, 3 days out of the 16 are probably afk. Surprisingly, even though I have a high kill count and battle level, I spend my time in spawn reading chat. I would jump out more often but the dilemma with the toxicisity hinders me from pvping without being targeted by multiple people. Therefore looking as if I’m afk, but I’m actually only afk 15-20% of the time.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I know how to moderate. I'm very easy going and know my right and wrongs. I keep positive energy around me and enjoy making people happy. I care about having a community that picks each other up and can still be competitive. I know when to be the bigger person and end an argument for the better. I feel like I can encourage new members to keep playing. I’m patient with people and don’t rush my work, I hold myself accountable for mistakes or inconsistencies. I love the game mode and find it really entertaining to play, which gives me a better understanding in providing that same entertainment for other members.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I have been and helper and a moderator on a faction server named Daegonner. Currently the server is down due to abusive owners and lack of care. I personally believe it to be the best server I've ever seen, it was only factions based, and reached up to 800 players at one point. It had a really positive community that was based around being competitive and still having respect for one another. I also was an admin on a very low quality server that amounted up to 16 players called Redstonehub, it was a server created to be like Daegonner Factions but didn't work as planned because of funds. In the end I know how to talk through things with people and work things out, and I know how to put my foot down. I'm experienced in influencing communities as well as banning and muting deserving players.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Empathetic: This type of skill helps me understand many things. Like how annoying it is to grind for a set and get killed by a hacker... Or how it sucks to be pushed into a corner by a group of people. There is good pvp moderation on kitpvp but not enough wholeheartedly looking out for people. I've experienced both of these to a decent extent. I believe because of my experiences I should be able to be aware of people's anger, disappointment, and level of comfort on this server.

Caring/Talkative: I love talking to people and asking about people's days. I am also very sincere about it, if after asking about someone's day they say "ok" or "meh" I ask them why that is. I genuinely enjoy talking to people and making them feel better. I'm all about making this a competitive but loving community and I hopefully want the chance to help that happen.

Unbiased: I made a good amount of amazing and interesting friends on this server. In many circumstances staff can have a bias towards older players or they're close friends. If I am staff I'm going to be diligent and treat everyone the same disregarding my relationship with them. I'm also fair among people I don't like or appreciate as much, I wouldn't be quick to get them in trouble or be hateful towards them. In fact I let people know that I appreciate them, even if they've wronged me or others in the past, everyone deserves to be happy and enjoy playing here.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The role of a staff member is to provide a safe environment for the community and everyone within it. As well as keeping a positive attitude and not letting any other negative players in the community get to you. Staff members should treat every player equally, from supporters that you know to new members you’re not familiar with. Each player should be able to have fun and enjoy themselves on the server and as staff you should be able help that become possible.

Are you able to use recording software?
I use the $30 version of Fraps, works pretty good and is definitely efficient enough to catch hackers and fowl chat.

Anything else we should know?
I work at a furniture store as a warehouse worker in the display department, I plan on buying a house and moving another staff applicant(PizzaEaston) in with me in a couple of years when I have enough money saved up. I have a little sister who I love to death and enjoy talking to. I want to create a choice based videogame in the future and have it all planned out storywise and how the game would work. I have a Youtube channel with 226 subscribers and I plan on recording a series on Manacube kitpvp season 10. I not only do minecraft videos and silly disstracks but I actually do a bit of singing and rapping. I'm passionate about my music and would love to share more with the world. I own two pet snakes, a king snake and a corn snake. I am probably the only human who'd classify snakes as cute or adorable xD. I'm in love with tacobell/taquitos/arizona teas/pizza(obviously). There are actually 8 of us Pizza people and we usually branch off playing different gamemodes/servers, and we all know each other in real life. I got my sister/cousin/friends/wifey to all start playing this server. I do "Question of the Day's" every now and then at around 8pm PST in the off topic/general discussion section of the forums. The questions I provide are mostly more deep and real hard hitting but I do post funny and interesting questions as well, so if you're bored go check em out! I can't wait to see responses from everybody negative or positive. If you see this I thank you so much for reading!! <33 - Morris

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:

ThatGuy354

MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
ThatGuy354
ThatGuy354
MVP+
Ratings
88 31
Great application, you have all of the requirements filled out. So for that, I'll give you a +1. However the part where you said that some players are toxic and kill new players, that is part of Kit. So it'd be pretty difficult to prevent that, but whatever.

PizzaMorris

MVP+
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
MVP+
Ratings
45 2
Great application, you have all of the requirements filled out. So for that, I'll give you a +1. However the part where you said that some players are toxic and kill new players, that is part of Kit. So it'd be pretty difficult to prevent that, but whatever.
Thanks for reading!! And yea I meant targeting new players and killing specific people repeatedly xP that would be hard to prevent even so but yea :D

Ratings
149 6
Hey mate, at this time I'm going to be giving this ManaCube staff application a + 0.5 for a few reasons. Firstly your staff application has got a great amount of detail and it's perfectly balanced in my opinion, not too much and not too little. Firstly I would suggest that you add the last 4 digits of your Discord username onto your staff application, for example, John#2456, (It just makes it easier to find you). You say you've played the server for quite a while and that's honestly really good to hear, you seem like a great person and it seems that you can dedicate quite a lot of time to ManaCube per day. You're quite active on the ManaCube forums which is always great to see when looking at applicants.

Unfortunately, the reason I'm not giving this ManaCube staff application a +1 is due to you not being very active at all on the ManaCube Discord server. I highly suggest that you become more active on there as the Discord server is the main area of communication other than the server and I do feel that you should interact with the Discord community aswell.

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck with your ManaCube staff application, all the best! :)
- TheProTroller

PizzaMorris

MVP+
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
MVP+
Ratings
45 2
Hey mate, at this time I'm going to be giving this ManaCube staff application a + 0.5 for a few reasons. Firstly your staff application has got a great amount of detail and it's perfectly balanced in my opinion, not too much and not too little. Firstly I would suggest that you add the last 4 digits of your Discord username onto your staff application, for example, John#2456, (It just makes it easier to find you). You say you've played the server for quite a while and that's honestly really good to hear, you seem like a great person and it seems that you can dedicate quite a lot of time to ManaCube per day. You're quite active on the ManaCube forums which is always great to see when looking at applicants.

Unfortunately, the reason I'm not giving this ManaCube staff application a +1 is due to you not being very active at all on the ManaCube Discord server. I highly suggest that you become more active on there as the Discord server is the main area of communication other than the server and I do feel that you should interact with the Discord community aswell.

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck with your ManaCube staff application, all the best! :)
- TheProTroller
Thanks for the detailed opinion!! I appreciate the advice and didn’t even think about the discord server until a week or so ago xP

NoFckz

ELITE
MVP+
NoFckz
NoFckz
ELITE
Ratings
116 6
hey, I've read ur staff app and there were some things that kinda got me thinking

- " hear a lot about strong communities among other gamemodes. Every gamemode besides Kitpvp... I've realized how many people who support this gamemode are anti-friendly."
that's just completely wrong. kit is a very strong community and we are friendly to new people if they are friendly to us. of course we're not gonna accept anyone who is toxic. and I remember very well when u joined kit
u were toxic, probably the most toxic dude at that time. and then u started being toxic to some well-respected ppl on kit and made a diss track on a 13yr old girl. So that's why ppl on kit didn't accept you because you were being the toxic one, not the community.

"Caring/Talkative " You weren't really talkative before u made this app. so, would u still be "Caring/Talkative " if u got mod or would u just change back to your old you?

stuff u need to work on:

- Being more helpful
- Being more Talkative and try to get more involved in the kit community
- Be more active on mana discord

So, for now, ill be giving a -1
But of course, I gotta give credit where credit is due.

- U stayed playing kit even tho almost everyone disliked u so that really shows ur love for kit.
-
U have changed quite a bit since when u joined
- And I do see u trying to get more involved in the community (tips to make it easier: try and befriend some well-respected ppl)

so, ye, gg and gl
(the diss track)

PizzaMorris

MVP+
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
MVP+
Ratings
45 2
hey, I've read ur staff app and there were some things that kinda got me thinking

- " hear a lot about strong communities among other gamemodes. Every gamemode besides Kitpvp... I've realized how many people who support this gamemode are anti-friendly."
that's just completely wrong. kit is a very strong community and we are friendly to new people if they are friendly to us. of course we're not gonna accept anyone who is toxic. and I remember very well when u joined kit
u were toxic, probably the most toxic dude at that time. and then u started being toxic to some well-respected ppl on kit and made a diss track on a 13yr old girl. So that's why ppl on kit didn't accept you because you were being the toxic one, not the community.

"Caring/Talkative " You weren't really talkative before u made this app. so, would u still be "Caring/Talkative " if u got mod or would u just change back to your old you?

stuff u need to work on:

- Being more helpful
- Being more Talkative and try to get more involved in the kit community
- Be more active on mana discord

So, for now, ill be giving a -1
But of course, I gotta give credit where credit is due.

- U stayed playing kit even tho almost everyone disliked u so that really shows ur love for kit.
-
U have changed quite a bit since when u joined
- And I do see u trying to get more involved in the community (tips to make it easier: try and befriend some well-respected ppl)

so, ye, gg and gl
(the diss track)
Hey Noah! Thanks for reading and the advice! People were actually bullying me first, people who i thought were "friends" and going on alts to kill me, then when I blamed the person they tricked me to believe, they made it out to seem like I was the jerk who was blatantly calling people out. So i made a silly disstrack back and everyone hated me for sticking up for myself and started msging me to end my life. After the fact we made up and everything worked out, despite how rudely I was treated, I pushed it away and decided to make amends once they reached out to me. <333 I definitely need to be more active on discord and already explained the reason I'm not talkative and I'm slowly getting there, just kinda scary..

DuhLaney2789

Forum Master
Ratings
85 25

CosmicLunaBunny

MVP+
zBld
zBld
MVP+
Ratings
9 3
Hey buddy I’ll give this a +0.8 because I never see you on the manacube discord nor do I see you on kit pvp which I go on quit often. But good detail and explanation
Good luck!

PizzaMorris

MVP+
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
MVP+
Ratings
45 2
Hey buddy I’ll give this a +0.8 because I never see you on the manacube discord nor do I see you on kit pvp which I go on quit often. But good detail and explanation
Good luck!
Thanks for reading Luna :DD I'll try to be more active on discord!

Last edited: