Rejected Plains Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hey there, I'm not a map official but I would assume this is going to be rejected.

First of all, there isn't any unity in the map, it's all spread out and is just grass and trees placed around the void.

Secondly, the theme is not original, there are many grass-themed maps.

I think you just need to find a more unique theme in general.

Best of luck

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey shadowUmmmm28YT,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of biomes-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is good. I see a severe lack of "build" on this map. It's just a bunch of floating parkour and trees. Even though your theme is not original, you could've done something much better than this with it. We want you to pick out an original theme, make a central build(s), and integrate your parkour into it. The parkour can't be a solo act, we want the whole combo. This is no in acceptable conditions.
  • Parkour: Although you didn't choose a difficulty, this seems suitable for the easy difficulty due to its length and difficulty. But, besides it's lack of integration to the build, it had another issue: lack of variety. The parkour was incredibly straightforward, you basically used the same blocks/jumps throughout the entirety of it. We can't have simple grass/wood 1b's and 2b's and call it a day. Make it interesting, use a wider variety of blocks/jumps!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.