Player Tracking Compass

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
While I do love the timer that limits the amount of time the game should take it does have one major flaw, randomly selecting a player to win. The reason this is a flaw is because it allows a player to hide (especially on the 12 and 16 player maps) until the end of the game and while the other person has gotten the majority of the kills and played hard, this camper still gets a 50/50 chance of winning having done nothing. Players that know they can't win easily may do this and make the games longer than they should be therefore slowing the player movement into games.
My initial solution to this problem is to make the player with the most kills win. But this makes it to where a player could get 6/12 kills in the game then hide until they win.
The other solution I came up with was a Player Tracking Compass (PTC) that will spawn with the player and track the nearest enemy. These should be able to stack and be able to be exported out of the inventory if the player wishes to do so.
Please leave your opinion below as-well as any suggestions you have on how this could be fixed.
~Preston <3

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
Wow! I TOTALLY agree with this preston! :)
Well you know I play skywars for quite a while and this would SOLVE Major problems out there when Players are hiding and so on...
The Player Tracking Compass Idea is TOTALLY agreed!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445897616,1445897091][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Maybe if the time limits is up, and a few players remain, they could have some thing like a "Death Match" Where they are on a small island (unn-hidable) and they basically do a little bit of factions/ mini kitpvp to death. If there is no winner by that point, then the winner is selected by a player with the most kills! :)

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
While I do love the timer that limits the amount of time the game should take it does have one major flaw, randomly selecting a player to win. The reason this is a flaw is because it allows a player to hide (especially on the 12 and 16 player maps) until the end of the game and while the other person has gotten the majority of the kills and played hard, this camper still gets a 50/50 chance of winning having done nothing. Players that know they can't win easily may do this and make the games longer than they should be therefore slowing the player movement into games.
My initial solution to this problem is to make the player with the most kills win. But this makes it to where a player could get 6/12 kills in the game then hide until they win.
The other solution I came up with was a Player Tracking Compass (PTC) that will spawn with the player and track the nearest enemy. These should be able to stack and be able to be exported out of the inventory if the player wishes to do so.
Please leave your opinion below as-well as any suggestions you have on how this could be fixed.
~Preston <3
Tracking would ruin the feel of Skywars. It's not like kitpvp where this would be useful. Skywars is meant to be a "thrill" server, Not a "cheating" server. ( Yet players do anyways )

I do like the idea of a Death Match though. ;)

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
Yeah...I completley agree with Tenshi on this one too!
Death Match may be fair if the PTC (player tracking compass) Is not "agreed" by other players :)

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
The map should "crumble" , or should start shrinking to force people to the middle, to avoid camping.
different skywar servers for fun and they have this same "Crumbling" Feature which I think It's cool!
Good suggestion Qhysics! I totally forgot about that one! :)

Last edited: