Please release some steam on this thread

Ratings
18 1
I just have to say it seems any cockwaddle 5 year old with one hand up his arse can get a client these days. There must be SOMETHING we can install/input on this server that can weed out these asshats. Many big servers have things put in place, such as Mineplex with their "WATCHDOG" that did a pretty decent job. This /report system doesn't work unless we have 600 mods on at all times, not to mention that the bugger is down in the first place.

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13
You're right in saying anyone can get a client these days but when it comes to automatic methods of preventing this there isnt much they can do. Only a select few servers using 1.7 have a solid anti-cheat that bans appropriately, but they've worked so hard on them that they're not even willing to share the anti-cheat. Even so, the anti-cheat you have mentioned: "watchdog" does not even have a decent banning system, leaving many client users unbanned.

Only thing that can be done as of right now, unless Dacon invests heavily in an anti-cheat, is get more staff for KitPvP.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
On a server with compatibility across many versions, it's extremely hard to get / make an anti-cheat compatible with all versions. Even if you accomplish this, however, it's hard to get the anti-cheat to be effective. With different versions having different features, it's hard to make an anti cheat that can differentiate between hacking or just another version without having to worry about false bans. And even still, large anti cheats like Hypixel Watchdog still fail to ban hackers, even failing to sometimes catch blatant hackers using hacks like fly or autobridge. Plus with the fact these anticheats take both time and money to develop, there are really more important things the server has to prioritize on. However, given opportunity in the future, it would be a nice addition, but this would definitely take time.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
This /report system doesn't work unless we have 600 mods on at all times, not to mention that the bugger is down in the first place.
If there’s no staff at all online, or no kit staff at least, a solution to this would be; If you think someone is hacking, record video(s) of the suspected hackers, and either file player reports here on our “Support” section of the forums, or send the video(s) to members of staff.

We’re definitely aware that hackers don’t stop just because staff log off - but it’s impossible to expect there to be staff online at all times, on all servers. We have a few places you can report issues if there’s no online staff at that time - both here, and discord.

Currently, yeah - there are/were some issues with global commands, such as /helpop and /report, which is more reason to urge you to use our support section to file player reports with as much evidence as possible, or DM a member of staff on discord, or again, here on the forums.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I agree with Hallow, but I also think that means we could use more staff... maybe it would make things be more efficient? Not that the current staff team we have is bad in any way, I totally respect their hard work. It’s just, sometimes I feel things could be dealt with faster if there were more people to begin with who are capable of dealing with these situations. If u don’t know what I mean by situations, I mean hackers. But why just say hacker? What about people who are breaking other rules like mute offences? There have been way too many people who get away with saying shit in chat. I think I’ll just leave it at that.

Ratings
I just have to say it seems any cockwaddle 5 year old with one hand up his arse can get a client these days. There must be SOMETHING we can install/input on this server that can weed out these asshats. Many big servers have things put in place, such as Mineplex with their "WATCHDOG" that did a pretty decent job. This /report system doesn't work unless we have 600 mods on at all times, not to mention that the bugger is down in the first place.
You mean hypixel

Jelly

Dedicated Member
PATRON
IceJellyIce
IceJellyIce
Patron
Ratings
110 1
Just like to add that kit is reallyyy under staffed at the moment (You should just see the staff board at the shop), would help if some applied but then again we can’t accept anyone. But as some said above, /helpop to report will work best for reporting someone now.

Also, Please do not mention other servers.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
The kit community is dead... long live prisons!
It's still quite a nice place to play around with friends, though, which is what I usually see it being used for. I don't mind that at all, I think it's perfect.
Just like to add that kit is reallyyy under staffed at the moment (You should just see the staff board at the shop), would help if some applied but then again we can’t accept anyone. But as some said above, /helpop to report will work best for reporting someone now.

Capporo and a few others have applied, hopefully they'll be suitable for the job :D
Use /helpop to report hackers if you see someone hacking, this usually resolves the problem fairly quickly.
This ^, I reported an advertiser and staff came from a different server to parkour in literally like 15 seconds. I did /helpOP for someone that got stuck in a block on parkour, and a chat mod came within roughly 50 seconds; two minutes later, she brought Aloro and another mod. Hacking is more serious than getting stuck imo, so they'd likely respond even quicker to that. It shouldn't ever take over a minute for you to be answered as some gamemodes are overstaffed and some moderators sit around waiting for someone to help.

Ratings
18 1

So I cant mention a server... when the intent is to help YOUR server?

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
So I cant mention a server... when the intent is to help YOUR server?
I think the reasoning behind it is because there is a rule that says no mentioning other servers: this applies to things like "come join ____" "___ is better than Manacube" and promoting. To make it easier on the staff, they enforce this no matter the case, so that it eliminates those grey areas of debating whether it was against the rules to mention a server or not. Watchdog is a very known plugin, and so the staff probably know what servers you're talking about. Hope this helps clear up some things.

Best,
WingsOfFyre

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I think the reasoning behind it is because there is a rule that says no mentioning other servers: this applies to things like "come join ____" "___ is better than Manacube" and promoting. To make it easier on the staff, they enforce this no matter the case, so that it eliminates those grey areas of debating whether it was against the rules to mention a server or not. Watchdog is a very known plugin, and so the staff probably know what servers you're talking about. Hope this helps clear up some things.

Best,
WingsOfFyre
Watchdog doesn't do it's job... so many ppl have uploaded videos about bypassing it, or using hacked clients and not getting banned just to prove Watchdog doesn't rlly do anything. However, that doesn't mean I am saying GO HACK A SERVER, never... don't do that. bad

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Watchdog doesn't do it's job... so many ppl have uploaded videos about bypassing it, or using hacked clients and not getting banned just to prove Watchdog doesn't rlly do anything. However, that doesn't mean I am saying GO HACK A SERVER, never... don't do that. bad
Well watchdog works really well compared to a lot of different anti-cheat methods. Admins being online is by far the best, because they are people, and have the ability to do anything on the server. Watchdog is good for larger servers, but then again, it's not perfect. It will usually not ban you while you are in-game. It usually will ban you a few hours afterwards. The people that make those videos have a much higher chance of getting banned. It's not a perfect solution, but for large servers, it could be a good choice.

Ratings
You should ask the developers of cosmic pvp they have a thing what blacklists clients so you cant even join with it also sorry if this is advertisement its just a suggestion

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
You should ask the developers of cosmic pvp they have a thing what blacklists clients so you cant even join with it also sorry if this is advertisement its just a suggestion
unforunately, that is advertising... we aren't supposed to mention other servers :/