ELITE
mymixtapeonfire
mymixtapeonfire
ELITE
Ratings
143 5
Edit: This is super unorganized I will probably fix it later idk

Hello.
In today's post I will be talking about plot shops, primarily my main issue I have with them.

To cut to the chase, they are imbalanced. The entire premise seems to be "buy this item for mana, sell it for cash, rank up fast", right?
But the issue with this is there is no 1 to 1 value with mana to $. What I mean by that is things such as /warp magma and /warp cheapcactus are indefinitely making mana while not *technically* losing money, right? It's an infinite resource.

This is where the issue comes in. It does not promote a healthy and competitive market for others to join in on.
My main example, cactus, is a fantastic point. It initially started at an interesting but consistent "1500 mana for 1000 cactus" on all shops. However the threat started to appear when others wanted to compete with those prices and were instead met with "okay then I will make it 500 mana for 1000".
An update on cactus: Doing /p h rosie3k9 will now give you 100 cactus for literally 1 mana. Cactus is now worthless in terms of mana, making selling it yourself the only profitable way of doing it.

The only form of profitable plot shop anyone that has not dedicated their entire plot to will be things people use that cannot be bought in shop, primarily string, however /warp string now exists and the prices are already at a point in which even bothering competing is a waste of time. (Less than 1 mana per string)

I am mainly just trying to bring attention to the situation rather than suggest a fix, because honestly, I have no idea how to fix this. It just seems there is no incentive to have a competitive market, because it is a constant turning profit as the 2 currencies have no comparison whatsoever.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hi! I do agree with you on some of this post. I'd like to point out that as the server keeps going I personally find that shops that are more expansive and offer multiple items at a reasonable price will be more prominent and important. As of right now the players are still building the economy to really figure out whatever thing is worth and what people are willing to pay for them. I fine these shops that you listed are very useful for new players which can be a huge benefit, as long as it isn't abused.

MyMixtapeOnFire

Dedicated Member
ELITE
mymixtapeonfire
mymixtapeonfire
ELITE
Ratings
143 5
I understand where you're coming from Kayla, however cactus is now completely dead. 1 mana for 100 cactus. It's now worthless. That is not healthy and if this happens with any profitable and successful market, there will NEVER bee an "established" economy.

An example of the economy being established is how much mob heads and spawners vary on AH. That is fine and healthy.
Making Cactus, String, Magma Cream, Mob Drops, etc. practically worthless just so you can keep all the mana (even though theres none left because they dried it all up), is unhealthy.

superguy813

VIP
Superguy813
Superguy813
VIP
Ratings
I kind of agree, the cactus-mana plot shops are really OP and they have no real limitations. But so far the economy has kept stable and there hasn't been any real problems yet (as far as I've seen) right? Maybe overtime it'll balance itself out and there won't be any problem with it.