Etho246

MVP+
Etho246
Etho246
MVP+
Ratings
This may be an unpopular opinion but I believe there should be an amount of time you need to be inactive, then your plot will be deleted.
This is to prevent bots and inactive players taking plot spaces next to you then you are unable to merge.
This inactive timer should be around 6 months so people don't just instantly lose their plot.
If their plot does get deleted it won't be gone forever though. It can be replaced if you type in a certain command eg /p respawn
This may be an unpopular opinion but let me know of your opinions

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
This may be an unpopular opinion but I believe there should be an amount of time you need to be inactive, then your plot will be deleted.
This is to prevent bots and inactive players taking plot spaces next to you then you are unable to merge.
This inactive timer should be around 6 months so people don't just instantly lose their plot.
If their plot does get deleted it won't be gone forever though. It can be replaced if you type in a certain command eg /p respawn
This may be an unpopular opinion but let me know of your opinions
Hi, Etho246,
If you would like to post the suggestion here: https://suggestions.manacube.com
That way the community can upvote and get attention. Good luck with your suggestion.
Geshultz

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
You can also get one of the mods to move your plot to a new area, but only once usually.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Personally, this isn’t something I see changing (in the near future anyway).

We do in fact have a similar mechanic in Survival, that being if a player is inactive for 60+ days, ownership of their party gets passed down, or the party disbands and the land is unclaimed. However, this works well on Survival, as a large part of the economy is claiming land, and it can be quite competitive at times (it’s often described as ‘peaceful factions’ as raiding claimed bases is not allowed).

Olympus plots don’t really have the same ‘competition’ as claims in Survival, as once you claim a plot, it’s a safe space that you have from the moment you claim it, to the moment you delete it, or the server experiences a reset. I think to enforce this in the middle of a season, would be quite unfair to players who may have joined at the start, and have since quit the server or are unable to get on for whatever reason, as they may like to come on at a later date.

Without warning, having a players plot deleted while they’re unable/don’t wish to get on, is something I personally view as unfair. Maybe it’ll be a feature next season, but it’s not something I imagine being added. Also, as @rangedhealer77 mentioned, in some cases, mods will move plots for players if they wish to merge or to fix issues (laggy neighbouring plots, beacon issues, etc), but it’s not something we want to be a common occurrence, and we will and have refused requests for plot moves - only ask if you have, or feel like you have a valid reason. Staff don’t particularly want to spend all their time moving plots for players.

Of course, you’re more than welcome to post your suggestion to Feature Upvote - it’s great to hear players thoughts, ideas and opinions, however this is just my personal opinion on this suggestion. Have a nice day/night!

NotTwisty

ELITE
poohStinks
poohStinks
ELITE
Ratings
I agree that this shouldn't be added because of people who go on vacation often, or if people just take a break from manacube in general that could effect it very badly.