MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Username: MCBYT
Map Name: "Pokemart"
/plot h MCBYT 2
Medium map.
36 total jumps. (this might be inaccurate, i need to check again but about to study)

(The actual Pokemon games are inconsistent with the interior and exterior of Pokemarts, but I tried my best to make it work. Example interior - https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/42/Poké_Mart_interior_Pt.png)

2019-04-30_19.12.29.png

2019-04-30_19.12.35.png

2019-04-30_19.12.39.png
2019-04-30_19.12.43.png
2019-04-30_19.12.46.png
2019-04-30_19.12.56.png
2019-04-30_19.13.05.png
2019-04-30_19.13.12.png

2019-04-30_19.13.15.png

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello MCBYT <3

(First off, it says Meta Knight...might wanna fix that lol)
I'll have to give this a 0, largely owing to the fact that the pokemon theme is very unoriginal, as well as the market/store theme. The build is really well done with lots of details, the jumps are varied, and I'm pretty sure this is a medium difficulty...might wanna fix that as well.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello MCBYT <3

(First off, it says Meta Knight...might wanna fix that lol)
I'll have to give this a 0, largely owing to the fact that the pokemon theme is very unoriginal, as well as the market/store theme. The build is really well done with lots of details, the jumps are varied, and I'm pretty sure this is a medium difficulty...might wanna fix that as well.

I wish you the best of luck! <3
Fixed the title and difficulty, that's what ot was meant to be but I forgot to change it from my last threads details. The pokemon theme isn't very original, but I saw in the parkour list that it said some Pokemon themes would be considered original, so I decided to try my luck.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Giving a 0, I really don't like the build, I searched up pokemarts and they didn't really look like this one, also maybe change the floor pattern so it is the green and blue squares you showed in your reference picture. Other than that the parkour looks good so good luck c:

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Giving a 0, I really don't like the build, I searched up pokemarts and they didn't really look like this one, also maybe change the floor pattern so it is the green and blue squares you showed in your reference picture. Other than that the parkour looks good so good luck c:
The outside is based off the SoulSilver Pokemart, which looks like this: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Poké_Mart_HGSS.png
The floor is green/blue, but I should probably make it a lighter block so it seems that way.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Okay, then I suggest you add depth to the white terracotta and the red and orange terracotta at the top, the build feels flat right now

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Okay, then I suggest you add depth to the white terracotta and the red and orange terracotta at the top, the build feels flat right now
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I can try to work on the build a bit, I'm just trying to keep it accurate to the sprite (it's at a 1/6 scale right now)

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a 0.
The parkour is good, the theme is good, but the build is just ok. The exterior is nice, but the interior is really lacking in detail. There isn't much going on inside and it's super dark.
If the interior is fixed, I'll change to a +1 :)

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Giving this a 0.
The parkour is good, the theme is good, but the build is just ok. The exterior is nice, but the interior is really lacking in detail. There isn't much going on inside and it's super dark.
If the interior is fixed, I'll change to a +1 :)
I was going to work on the lighting, forgot though. Thanks for the reminder! As for the interior detail, there isn't too much I can do whilst keeping it true to the original, but I'll try my best to make it more detailed.

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hey! Unfortunately I’m gonna have to give this a -1 the theme is unoriginal as there are already a lot of Pokémon themed maps, the difficulty is way too hard to be a medium, and the build overall is decent but could be improved.
Either way, good luck!

Ratings
As a hardcore pokemon fan I got super excited seeing this map! Yet when I saw the ss's my heart sunk. I'ma have to give this a -1

-It's a pokemon map, you can't go wrong with pokemon ;)
-Multitude of different type of jumps!

-The theme is unoriginal, way to many pokemon maps
-Interior design lacks (I know you said earlier it's based off of SS/HG)
-Way to few jumps for a medium, yet to hard for an easy (Easys are 40-59 about, med are 60-79)

If you add jumps to reach medium quota, or nerf it to easy standards, or fix interior design I'd change to a 0. Yet If both were done I'd consider changing to a +1

Good luck on your map and future maps! -BB

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
As a hardcore pokemon fan I got super excited seeing this map! Yet when I saw the ss's my heart sunk. I'ma have to give this a -1

-It's a pokemon map, you can't go wrong with pokemon ;)
-Multitude of different type of jumps!

-The theme is unoriginal, way to many pokemon maps
-Interior design lacks (I know you said earlier it's based off of SS/HG)
-Way to few jumps for a medium, yet to hard for an easy (Easys are 40-59 about, med are 60-79)

If you add jumps to reach medium quota, or nerf it to easy standards, or fix interior design I'd change to a 0. Yet If both were done I'd consider changing to a +1

Good luck on your map and future maps! -BB
Just kinda want to put here that easy maps tend to be 20-40 jumps and mediums 40-50. thats how I've always seen it. depends on difficulty though ofc. Most Hards, I'd say, are 50-70 jumps

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi MCBYT,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really good, since there is already a lot of "Pokemon" themed maps, but your map is pretty different compared to the rest, so I guess there is still some originality. The build is good in my opinion, it's maybe a bit plain, but I still think it's good. The reason why I reject the map is the parkour, it's varied, but it's WAY too hard for a medium (You used Expert difficulty jumps through the map), but way too short for something higher.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.