Possible new punishment for Parkour hackers?

What is your opinion

• Keep current punishment (Bans)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • New punishment system (Disabled Accounts)

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,746 83
Hey everyone, I recently came up with an idea for a new punishment to hackers on Parkour, and would like the communities opinion.

Currently, if you fly hack on Parkour you instantly receive a 7 day ban, Second offense is a 14 day ban and third offense is a permanent ban.

We ban these players because they are having an advantage over other players (They can complete courses and earn gems without failure) But what if we took that advantage away from them?

Instead of banning hackers, we would "disable their account". This means they would still be able to join and play on Parkour, HOWEVER;
  • They would not receive gems from completing courses
  • They would not have a Parkour rank
  • They would not get broadcasts when completing an insane/expert course
  • They would not be able to pay or buy anything with their current gems.
  • Possibly: Their character would be invisible

What do you guys think? Should we keep the current system with issuing bans, or disable the accounts instead?

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
Yeah, but that's a little too hardcore, I agree with half of those, but I think the penalty shall be temporary the first time

Last edited:

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
My opinion is that I love this idea and it is Fair, If someone hacks will be able to play without perm to Get gems, Buy stuff etc

Camyoo

VIP
Camyooo
Camyooo
VIP
Ratings
8 1
I like it but it seems a bit harsh, Maybe you could replace a permanent ban with that instead instead of it being the first offense. :)

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I like it but it seems a bit harsh, Maybe you could replace a permanent ban with that instead instead of it being the first offense. :)
Yes but, the new punishment would be for them to learn their lesson. They wouldnt gain anything from hacking.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
Yes but, the new punishment would be for them to learn their lesson. They wouldnt gain anything from hacking.
You're right. No matter what the punishment is, you gain nothing from hacking as soon as it's put in place.

I think this should replace the current punishment system. If a player hacks on Parkour, what would stop them from hacking on another server? Sure, most players would learn from their mistakes; but there are some players who don't care about their punishment(s).

I agree with all the punishments except for the invisible character. The rest are an appropriate punishment for hacking.

If this does go into affect, then first offense for hacking on Parkour should be 7 days of a disabled account, Second offense 14 days, etc.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Hey everyone, I recently came up with an idea for a new punishment to hackers on Parkour, and would like the communities opinion.

Currently, if you fly hack on Parkour you instantly receive a 7 day ban, Second offense is a 14 day ban and third offense is a permanent ban.

We ban these players because they are having an advantage over other players (They can complete courses and earn gems without failure) But what if we took that advantage away from them?

Instead of banning hackers, we would "disable their account". This means they would still be able to join and play on Parkour, HOWEVER;
  • They would not receive gems from completing courses
  • They would not have a Parkour rank
  • They would not get broadcasts when completing an insane/expert course
  • They would not be able to pay or buy anything with their current gems.
  • Possibly: Their character would be invisible

What do you guys think? Should we keep the current system with issuing bans, or disable the accounts instead?

I personally like the new idea, because they will probably just end up hopping on an alt if they get banned. This encourages people to not hack because there is a more severe punishment in a way but still allows them to do this.
[DOUBLEPOST=1458017341][/DOUBLEPOST]Woods accidentally wrote this on the quote, o well if you want to read it just expand it lol :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1458017382][/DOUBLEPOST]Woops*

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
Actually if the one thing on the server they enjoyed was parkour and even if they hacked they wouldn't be able to join it anymore, and would leave the server, which obviously doesn't help the server. I like the punishment, but nobody else seems to care about the numbers.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Yeah if a hacker hacks on the server, they don't plan to stay. They are only there to intoxicate the community might as well ban them.
[DOUBLEPOST=1458054506][/DOUBLEPOST]That's true

Pand

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
107 8
I think this is fair, if they come back again they need to learn their lesson instead of hacking again.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I think that there should be announcement that says something like "So-And-So was caught hacking!" before they are punished for hacking, To let people know why they're punished.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
I think that there should be announcement that says something like "So-And-So was caught hacking!" before they are punished for hacking, To let people know why they're punished.
That's actually really smart, this not only punishes them but it also embarrasses them if they continue to play on this server.

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
Yes, for a server like KitPvP - but not a server like Parkour
In my opinion hacking should result in a loss of privilege. Being able to play on the server that you publicly disrespected shouldn't allow you to continue playing. You can do what you want, but at least mute the person while you're at it because they don't deserve that privilege if they are allowed to play.

Now another point that is a fault is that they can still actively fly across the server and again people who don't know about this "ghost mode" will spam chat saying to ban this guy. Knowing they won't get banned negatively affect this server since hackers aren't getting banned, members and donors will again fly across the server not expecting to get banned and lose the privileges that they didn't know they will lose and everyone goes ape shit. Moral of the story: KEEP THE HACKER INVISIBLE.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,746 83
In my opinion hacking should result in a loss of privilege. Being able to play on the server that you publicly disrespected shouldn't allow you to continue playing. You can do what you want, but at least mute the person while you're at it because they don't deserve that privilege if they are allowed to play.

Now another point that is a fault is that they can still actively fly across the server and again people who don't know about this "ghost mode" will spam chat saying to ban this guy. Knowing they won't get banned negatively affect this server since hackers aren't getting banned, members and donors will again fly across the server not expecting to get banned and lose the privileges that they didn't know they will lose and everyone goes ape shit. Moral of the story: KEEP THE HACKER INVISIBLE.
That was the whole purpose of the "Invisible Character"

Also their account would be permanently disabled after first offense. They would have to appeal on the forums