elle⠀

Forum Expert
PATRON+
d4isycha1n4s8tan
d4isycha1n4s8tan
Patron+
Ratings
362 76
Pronouns are used to clarify how you should refer to someone (he/she/they/etc.). The internet is anonymous so having pronouns always helps know how to refer to someone in general, regardless of their gender identity. I've explored through a couple plugins and gotten input from some staff members saying that if it were free and and displayed in chat, it would disrupt it and they can't sell them because people will think they profiting off of identities. To combat if it would disrupt chat there could be a plugin to set your pronouns and you can look up them without them disrupting chat. This is one of the plugins that I have been exploring recently. It doesn't disrupt chat and is an easy way to check up on what ones pronouns are.
1657848796645.png

1657848832184.png

I've also got a cool idea where you can hover over someone's name and it will show their pronouns like this concept image I have created.
1657849107202.png

Feel free to leave some feedback down below!

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
its a good idea in theory but will probably be bad in execution. if you ask someone what their pronouns are, chances are some annoying troll will respond with some joking reply. if you add the ability to set pronouns, people are gonna joke around and not take it seriously and see it as some funny joke setting their pronouns to whatever. if you make it so you can only set them once and need a staff to change it or give it a cool down, people will complain and say its unfair. like i said, its a good idea but it wont end well probably

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I like this idea :D

Ratings
10 6
Edit: To whoever disagrees with me because I see it, comment your argument as to why you disagree with me.. and tag me

Saw someone sharing this thread in chat and wanted to give my take on it.

Minecraft is a block game, everyone is 2 blocks high -skins may be different and to each their own with what skin they may choose. Obviously inappropriate skins can cause issues but that's not my point

My point is that in this block game where there is nothing to divide people why add a feature which would only create division among the player population?

I understand that in today's day and age people like to specify and identify themselves according to specific pronouns and have seen it myself on social media. But that is for representing a "real" person. What would pronouns do in Minecraft? Are these pronouns representing our real identities or our block game characters?

Like really, I don't know anyone who uses their Minecraft player as an extension of who they are in real life, like how some people use social media. Like I could be a guy using a girl skin, or a cookie monster skin, or whatever skin Marvin uses - no one cares or gives a shit since these are "in game" players and not "real" identities.

So basically what I want to say is that if it were social media and we are representing our actualy real identity than yeah sure there is an abundance of pronouns to select from. Why would we add pronouns for BLOCK GAME CHARACTERS?

Last edited:

superflyGreeeee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
superflyGreeeee
superflyGreeeee
ELITE
Ratings
50 14
Pronouns are used to clarify how you should refer to someone (he/she/they/etc.). The internet is anonymous so having pronouns always helps know how to refer to someone in general, regardless of their gender identity. I've explored through a couple plugins and gotten input from some staff members saying that if it were free and and displayed in chat, it would disrupt it and they can't sell them because people will think they profiting off of identities. To combat if it would disrupt chat there could be a plugin to set your pronouns and you can look up them without them disrupting chat. This is one of the plugins that I have been exploring recently. It doesn't disrupt chat and is an easy way to check up on what ones pronouns are.
View attachment 61367
View attachment 61368
I've also got a cool idea where you can hover over someone's name and it will show their pronouns like this concept image I have created.
View attachment 61369

Feel free to leave some feedback down below!
manacube rlly turning into this, i am sus/gus

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
Saw someone sharing this thread in chat and wanted to give my take on it.

Minecraft is a block game, everyone is 2 blocks high -skins may be different and to each their own with what skin they may choose. Obviously inappropriate skins can cause issues but that's not my point

My point is that in this block game where there is nothing to divide people why add a feature which would only create division among the player population?

I understand that in today's day and age people like to specify and identify themselves according to specific pronouns and have seen it myself on social media. But that is for representing a "real" person. What would pronouns do in Minecraft? Are these pronouns representing our real identities or our block game characters?

Like really, I don't know anyone who uses their Minecraft player as an extension of who they are in real life, like how some people use social media. Like I could be a guy using a girl skin, or a cookie monster skin, or whatever skin Marvin uses - no one cares or gives a shit since these are "in game" players and not "real" identities.

So basically what I want to say is that if it were social media and we are representing our actualy real identity than yeah sure there is an abundance of pronouns to select from. Why would we add pronouns for BLOCK GAME CHARACTERS?
ONG GOD MY GUY ITS A GAME IT AINT SOME NINHJGO SHIT WITH THESE ZEY ZHEM BULLSHIT LMAO IM TRYNA PLAY MC

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
its a good idea in theory but will probably be bad in execution. if you ask someone what their pronouns are, chances are some annoying troll will respond with some joking reply. if you add the ability to set pronouns, people are gonna joke around and not take it seriously and see it as some funny joke setting their pronouns to whatever. if you make it so you can only set them once and need a staff to change it or give it a cool down, people will complain and say its unfair. like i said, its a good idea but it wont end well probably
these pronouns are a joke my guy

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
That plugin looks cool and I can definitely see the appeal in something like this. I'd be curious to see how it could be implemented subtly so the people who want to utilize it can.

To address some of what's been said, people can disagree. Not everyone believes in the same ability to make these choices when it comes to identity and that's okay, but it is not okay to be disrespectful. We can talk civilly about this topic and discuss the pros and cons of displaying this info publicly on the server without insulting others who are trying to be comfortable with themselves.

Cool suggestion bex

Somnik

ELITE
Somnik
Somnik
ELITE
Ratings
1 1
I think this is a great idea, in fact I was actually going to suggest the one where you can see them when you hover over someone's name myself to a staff, but I didn't think far enough to figure out all the details so I wanted to think about it a bit more. Thank you bex for bringing this up, I really hope we can figure out a way to make this work. My personal favorite idea is the hover one. Good luck on getting this implemented!

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
It's honestly embarrassing to see some of the people on this thread. You don't have to agree with someone, but why go out of your way to be an ass? Shame.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
for many people online, their identity is different than how they are irl because coming out or expressing new pronouns or a new identify with the people they know can be difficult so they can turn to people online since they cant put a face to the person, which makes it significantly easier to feel more accepted and more yourself. It also makes it easier to ignore people who are being negative about it (even though hate can still get to you). If you take pronouns seriously it can often be difficult to ask or awkward when you use the wrong ones on someone and they have to correct you so if there was a quicker way to check someone's pronouns without having to ask, it comes off easier to address them. The pronouns feature probably won't get added though because of people in this thread who can't take anything seriously and think everything is a funny joke. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be rude, you can always disagree but be respectful about it.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
these pronouns are a joke my guy
if you disagree with it, you can simply disagree and state reasons why (or not, u can always just disagree) theres no need to be rude and disrespectful about it

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
for many people online, their identity is different than how they are irl because coming out or expressing new pronouns or a new identify with the people they know can be difficult so they can turn to people online since they cant put a face to the person, which makes it significantly easier to feel more accepted and more yourself. It also makes it easier to ignore people who are being negative about it (even though hate can still get to you). If you take pronouns seriously it can often be difficult to ask or awkward when you use the wrong ones on someone and they have to correct you so if there was a quicker way to check someone's pronouns without having to ask, it comes off easier to address them. The pronouns feature probably won't get added though because of people in this thread who can't take anything seriously and think everything is a funny joke. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be rude, you can always disagree but be respectful about it.
im playing minecraft im not trying to know you personaly. i just want tok play block game not talk about what u identify as. you shouldnt have to have some wierd ass pronoun to feel accepted keep that shit to your self and can be just fine

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
im playing minecraft im not trying to know you personaly. i just want tok play block game not talk about what u identify as. you shouldnt have to have some wierd ass pronoun to feel accepted keep that shit to your self and can be just fine
just because you dont need some "wierd ass pronoun" to make u feel accepted doesnt mean that other people dont. If you don't wanna use the pronoun feature then dont, no ones forcing you to so theres no reason to start trashing people who do

Status
Not open for further replies.