MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Ratings
10 6
for many people online, their identity is different than how they are irl because coming out or expressing new pronouns or a new identify with the people they know can be difficult so they can turn to people online since they cant put a face to the person, which makes it significantly easier to feel more accepted and more yourself. It also makes it easier to ignore people who are being negative about it (even though hate can still get to you). If you take pronouns seriously it can often be difficult to ask or awkward when you use the wrong ones on someone and they have to correct you so if there was a quicker way to check someone's pronouns without having to ask, it comes off easier to address them. The pronouns feature probably won't get added though because of people in this thread who can't take anything seriously and think everything is a funny joke. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be rude, you can always disagree but be respectful about it.
I don't really understand your response but okay?

Ratings
10 6
just because you dont need some "wierd ass pronoun" to make u feel accepted doesnt mean that other people dont. If you don't wanna use the pronoun feature then dont, no ones forcing you to so theres no reason to start trashing people who do
I don't understand how someone would want to add a feature to Minecraft that allows people to see their pronoun just so that they can feel accepted... If everyone was using their real identities than sure... but these are literally block game characters... I'm not aware of anyone who uses their Minecraft account as a way to represent themselves.

Unlike in social media where I've seen people use it to express themselves -Minecraft is nothing like that, adding pronouns is essentially just adding a feature that would have no real application, meaning, or effect in the game...

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
It disappoints me to see what's been added onto this thread.. but I like this idea! I do agree with sophiaaah about the execution, but I think this could definitely be added. Instead of having a whole new row saying the pronouns (for example in the picture "Pronouns: They/Them") maybe it can be like when you hover over it, it's shown next to the name so it would be like "Bex (BexIsDead) they/them" I feel like it makes more sense since its right next to the name. (Though how it is would still be perfectly fine) I really like this idea and I'm sure a lot of people in the community would too!

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
It disappoints me to see what's been added onto this thread.. but I like this idea! I do agree with sophiaaah about the execution, but I think this could definitely be added. Instead of having a whole new row saying the pronouns (for example in the picture "Pronouns: They/Them") maybe it can be like when you hover over it, it's shown next to the name so it would be like "Bex (BexIsDead) they/them" I feel like it makes more sense since its right next to the name. (Though how it is would still be perfectly fine) I really like this idea and I'm sure a lot of people in the community would too!
i didnt give u premission to reply to my post

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
Pronouns are used to clarify how you should refer to someone (he/she/they/etc.). The internet is anonymous so having pronouns always helps know how to refer to someone in general, regardless of their gender identity. I've explored through a couple plugins and gotten input from some staff members saying that if it were free and and displayed in chat, it would disrupt it and they can't sell them because people will think they profiting off of identities. To combat if it would disrupt chat there could be a plugin to set your pronouns and you can look up them without them disrupting chat. This is one of the plugins that I have been exploring recently. It doesn't disrupt chat and is an easy way to check up on what ones pronouns are.
View attachment 61367
View attachment 61368
I've also got a cool idea where you can hover over someone's name and it will show their pronouns like this concept image I have created.
View attachment 61369

Feel free to leave some feedback down below!
also even you said the internet is anoymus so why should i need to nkow your pronouns. just let me call u by ur gamertag and let tat be the end of it

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
also even you said the internet is anoymus so why should i need to nkow your pronouns. just let me call u by ur gamertag and let tat be the end of it
You do that then. Let other people live their life. You shouldn’t dictate what everyone on the server believes in. If you don’t want to use it, then don’t. Other people will appreciate it and you might not which is ok.

Ratings
10 6
You do that then. Let other people live their life. You shouldn’t dictate what everyone on the server believes in. If you don’t want to use it, then don’t. Other people will appreciate it and you might not which is ok.
I think you don't understand what the point was, if the internet is anonymous place, and more specifically Minecraft itself, than why would adding features that are applicable to individuals in the real world possibly work to complete whatever argument was made for it's addition in the first place.

Essentially what you are trying to accomplish is to add pronouns to describe in game characters with. This is incredibly difficult to do and would require adding features that will be open to all members of the community and would only really be used by a minority. I'm sure the minority group that actually want this feature added are arguing on the premise that it would be easier for them to identify other minority members but that can be easily done by asking in chat. By adding this feature you would be opening up the doors for a lot of unwanted attention another minority group of players that will use this feature with bad intentions. I don't feel like I need to list examples but one example could be a player viewing someones pronouns and then using it with hate, or trolling intentions.

I don't think there has really been much discussion on this topic so please read this and if you have any other arguments as to why this should be implemented could you actually provide reasoning behind your argument? Instead I mainly see everyone disagreeing in this thread and taking sides. If we have an actual discussion instead I think then everyone will start to lean towards not adding this feature.

Jifz out

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
i’m not dictating what how people live. i’m just saying that this plug-in is not needed. i don’t need to know what you identify or want to tk play mc

Ratings
10 6
i’m not dictating what how people live. i’m just saying that this plug-in is not needed. i don’t need to know what you identify or want to tk play mc
Exactly couldn't have said this better. There is still no one who has gave an actual argument on why it should be added... why is everyone in their feels lmao

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
also do you think that if this is added that there should be rules forcing people to use those pronouns even if the don’t believe in it?

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
also do you think that if this is added that there should be rules forcing people to use those pronouns even if the don’t believe in it?
Yes, just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean you don't get to respect it. I don't believe in god, but I still respect those who do.

llenz

ELITE
llenz
llenz
ELITE
Ratings
im playing minecraft im not trying to know you personaly. i just want tok play block game not talk about what u identify as. you shouldnt have to have some wierd ass pronoun to feel accepted keep that shit to your self and can be just fine
The best part is that you aren’t going to be forced to participate. Its for people who care for others’ being. You don’t have to get to know others that you dont want to, no one is forcing you.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
i shouldn’t be forced to participate in something i don’t belive in
with such flawed logic you've been sharing, its no wonder you don't believe in pronouns. maybe people havent always been like "my pronouns are _____" for very long, but everyone has pronouns regardless of what you choose for them to be. Everyone learns about grammar and pronouns in elementary school but im guessing since you don't believe in them, you just haven't gotten to that lesson in school yet, which is why this thread might've been a little confusing for you :) if you want me to explain them for you, i surely can

Status
Not open for further replies.