PSA to the staff regarding the update

senatvs

PATRON
Senatvs
Senatvs
Patron
Ratings
22 2
I want to preface this by saying that I am not against the update or reset at all, I think it has potential to add a lot and switch up the dynamic of parkour in a good way.

I've been talking to a lot of people about the update/reset since it was announced, trying to get a grasp for how the people who play here the most feel about it. The reactions are mixed but in general there is a hopeful/welcome feeling in regards to it. But that is not the whole story. There are maybe 6 people I've talked to that are either not currently active and playing anymore or are considering going that way, and they're not just random server one offs. These are regulars who have hundreds, in some cases even thousands of hours of playtime on the parkour server. And the reason they are doing this is not because they disagree with the reset or anything, it's because in the gap of time between now and then, given the uncertainty of whats gonna go away and whats gonna stay it is hard to justify spending a significant amount of time playing here.

Same goes for crates, why would I buy a crate right now when the most common items like enderpearls, reset tokens, mana, and others have a high likelihood of being wiped out at any moment? I can buy a crate for 3.75 and get 30 enderpearls and then the server could reset in 1 hour and they'd all be gone because theres no transparency on the matter.

Likewise, I personally have stopped doing adventure maps because there has been doubt called into question whether or not they will be reset, with answers from staff ranging from, "idk" to "probably". I really enjoy them and want to play them again.

I'm not saying you're doing a bad job with the update or demanding anything, but if you continue to give no indication of when it will happen or what it will effect, many of the most invested playerbase will be stuck in a limbo of whether or not the investment is worth it.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of other players here as well, sorry if it was a ramble.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
There is always at least a 1 weeks notice before a gamemode is reset. Never is there a 1 hour surprise. When gamemodes go into staff beta there is usually 2 - 1.5 months more before its actually released. So you still have plenty of time.
Mods generally don't actually know much more than the players and often find out the same time we do when there is an announcement.
There are always going to be players who say they don't like the reset or will quit if it happens. In my experience, I've never seen someone quit due to a reset unless they already basically quit and used it as a time to finalize.
I do completely agree that there should be more communication though, about everything really.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I could say a lot about this, but I have always thought that ManaCube could benefit from a Dev Diary or some other sort of dev post. It wouldn't have to be an extremely thorough post, but give some updates on what has been explored and accomplished that players could get excited about.

I think that it would be a win-win for Mana to start doing these. People tend to LIKE and RELATE to companies/dev teams who communicate often, and honestly when doing so. On top of that, you provide an opportunity to demonstrate to the public that you are actively working on things, and, even if you aren't showing a polished product, you are still creating hype about whatever you are working on.

Right now we only have the #sneakpeeks channel on the community Discord as a place to see upcoming content. But those are usually only images most of the time with very little description.

Even doing these posts once on the 15th of every month/halfway would be a refreshing thing to see between the typical monthly posts we get and official update posts. Increased communication really can only help players connect and be invested in ongoing projects that the devs may be working on.

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
I could say a lot about this, but I have always thought that ManaCube could benefit from a Dev Diary or some other sort of dev post. It wouldn't have to be an extremely thorough post, but give some updates on what has been explored and accomplished that players could get excited about.

I think that it would be a win-win for Mana to start doing these. People tend to LIKE and RELATE to companies/dev teams who communicate often, and honestly when doing so. On top of that, you provide an opportunity to demonstrate to the public that you are actively working on things, and, even if you aren't showing a polished product, you are still creating hype about whatever you are working on.

Right now we only have the #sneakpeeks channel on the community Discord as a place to see upcoming content. But those are usually only images most of the time with very little description.

Even doing these posts once on the 15th of every month/halfway would be a refreshing thing to see between the typical monthly posts we get and official update posts. Increased communication really can only help players connect and be invested in ongoing projects that the devs may be working on.
thats certainly a good idea. although we have the sneekpeeks channel, it's hardly buzzing with activity. not just a dev diary, but some more detail and information about the admins as a whole. they are quite remote figures who do a lot for the server, but are virtually unknown, so something like a dev diary or a more active changelog could help build trust between senior staff and the players. many players do not have much trust in the admins because of a bad experience and then never hearing from them ever again. for example, dacon renegading on promises without explanation like the potential return of skywars and then disappearing into the shadows doesnt build confidence that manacube is being run by people who care about the community.

sorry if that sounds a little harsh btw. i do have a lot of confidence that the admins know what they are doing. ive been told that the ones you dont see very often are the ones who do the most work, so perhaps some staff spotlight thing? similar to the staff of the month, every now and then we get a snippet of what the admins and sr mods have been up to lately? just a thought

Kiri

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ParthenonSys
ParthenonSys
Patron
Ratings
53 6
There is always at least a 1 weeks notice before a gamemode is reset. Never is there a 1 hour surprise. When gamemodes go into staff beta there is usually 2 - 1.5 months more before its actually released. So you still have plenty of time.
Mods generally don't actually know much more than the players and often find out the same time we do when there is an announcement.
There are always going to be players who say they don't like the reset or will quit if it happens. In my experience, I've never seen someone quit due to a reset unless they already basically quit and used it as a time to finalize.
I do completely agree that there should be more communication though, about everything really.
The only reason I will quit is if the server updates to 1.12, which I've been told it will. Everything on Parkour will be messed up and hundreds of maps will have to be changed.

senatvs

PATRON
Senatvs
Senatvs
Patron
Ratings
22 2
The only reason I will quit is if the server updates to 1.12, which I've been told it will. Everything on Parkour will be messed up and hundreds of maps will have to be changed.
I will never log in again if it updates to 1.12

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
oh my lord I keep hearing this. Can yall stop spreading rumors bro :rolleyes: Doesn't help anyone, especially if they are complete cap.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
ok so hear me out... just like... wait for the reset and see what happens... put all your items in vaults and stats arent getting reset... all that will happen is basically just a hard prestige....

borababie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
borababie
borababie
ELITE
Ratings
196 3
tis a block game. i dont think it matters all that much. i understand it might be important to you, but it ultimately isn't a deciding factor in how your life plays out. let's just see what happens and go with the flow!

GoWithTheFlo

ELITE
theprovolone24
theprovolone24
ELITE
Ratings
8 1
I want to preface this by saying that I am not against the update or reset at all, I think it has potential to add a lot and switch up the dynamic of parkour in a good way.

I've been talking to a lot of people about the update/reset since it was announced, trying to get a grasp for how the people who play here the most feel about it. The reactions are mixed but in general there is a hopeful/welcome feeling in regards to it. But that is not the whole story. There are maybe 6 people I've talked to that are either not currently active and playing anymore or are considering going that way, and they're not just random server one offs. These are regulars who have hundreds, in some cases even thousands of hours of playtime on the parkour server. And the reason they are doing this is not because they disagree with the reset or anything, it's because in the gap of time between now and then, given the uncertainty of whats gonna go away and whats gonna stay it is hard to justify spending a significant amount of time playing here.

Same goes for crates, why would I buy a crate right now when the most common items like enderpearls, reset tokens, mana, and others have a high likelihood of being wiped out at any moment? I can buy a crate for 3.75 and get 30 enderpearls and then the server could reset in 1 hour and they'd all be gone because theres no transparency on the matter.

Likewise, I personally have stopped doing adventure maps because there has been doubt called into question whether or not they will be reset, with answers from staff ranging from, "idk" to "probably". I really enjoy them and want to play them again.

I'm not saying you're doing a bad job with the update or demanding anything, but if you continue to give no indication of when it will happen or what it will effect, many of the most invested playerbase will be stuck in a limbo of whether or not the investment is worth it.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of other players here as well, sorry if it was a ramble.
its going to inevitably be underwhelming, no matter what they do this is a done server lawl

clickinqq

ELITE
clickinqq
clickinqq
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
its going to inevitably be underwhelming, no matter what they do this is a done server lawl
I disagree, this server is thriving.. the versatility they have on every single server out right now, survival is so so so unique and compact.. along with every other game mode!