Question about rules in regard to AFK Mining

Ratings
Hey ya'll, I started playing on Manacube about 3 days ago, and had set myself up an AFK Cobblestone Gen so that I could take care of some things around the house while playing, I had been afk for about 25-30 minutes, and was coming back when I got banned for using a macro. Is using something to hold my mouse button down considered a macro and therefore bannable? Thanks for any clarification!

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Heya @Baazify

Yes using something to hold down the mouse button is considered a macros and is very much bannable

Rules can be found here

Auto Fishing/Auto Clicking/Macros
Using AFK macros is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, Auto Fisher, Auto Mining, Auto Sell (Any macro that can automate a task). External macros such as taping down your mouse or putting a weight on a button, are also classed as macros as they have the same effect.

If suspected of using macros, staff will attempt to get your attention. If you do not respond, you will be considered to be using afk macros and will be punished.

Rebinding a command or message to a key is not considered a macro as long as you are manually pressing the key to activate the command or message. If you automate message sending or command running so that they activate without manual effort, then that will be considered a macro.

Ratings
Heya @Baazify

Yes using something to hold down the mouse button is considered a macros and is very much bannable

Rules can be found here

Auto Fishing/Auto Clicking/Macros
Using AFK macros is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, Auto Fisher, Auto Mining, Auto Sell (Any macro that can automate a task). External macros such as taping down your mouse or putting a weight on a button, are also classed as macros as they have the same effect.

If suspected of using macros, staff will attempt to get your attention. If you do not respond, you will be considered to be using afk macros and will be punished.

Rebinding a command or message to a key is not considered a macro as long as you are manually pressing the key to activate the command or message. If you automate message sending or command running so that they activate without manual effort, then that will be considered a macro.
Thanks so much for the info, I didn't know it was against the rules, won't happen again!

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
Just don't do AFK in gen is my opinion ngl. On most servers its bannable.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Just don't do AFK in gen is my opinion ngl. On most servers its bannable.
Going AFK is allowed on the network and is usually how most economies work on certain gamemodes, it is just using macros/automating tasks so you don't really have to physically do anything isn't allowed as it's an unfair advantage, as Gapple explained :)

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
NO ONE has ever gotten rich by playing fairly. CHEATING MAY BE JUSTIFIED.

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
NO ONE has ever gotten rich by playing fairly. CHEATING MAY BE JUSTIFIED.
I'm not poor on survival and I follow rules. I run 4 kinda big party's...