Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hello.

I thought for a question for people involved in mapmaking. I’ve been struggling staying motivated to finish my map. (Recently found new motivation tho) and I was thinking like what are other peoples motivators for making maps?

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I have so much motivation when I start making a map but as I get closer to finishing it diminishes. I guess my only motivation is getting more accepted and being able to enjoy them in game.

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
im not a mapper by any means, but when i did make feeble attempts at building, i kept it relaxed. i never forced myself to do it and only did it when i wasnt in the mood for pk and just wanted to vibe. if you play long enough, motivation will always come eventually

lynchiles

ELITE
lynchiles
lynchiles
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with both amps and Buffy. When you aren’t feeling as motivated to finish, I suggest taking a break and completing some maps, doing some adventures, or hanging out with friends. After that, you will probably feel refreshed to get back into finishing your map when you’re in the mood to!

Otherwise, the burn out can happen for sure! Also, it can be nice to have friends on the plot with you as you build, so you can talk and build at the same time (or listen to music whatever is relaxing)! In the end, it will be worth it to see your map added and others enjoying it. Good luck Jacob!
:)

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Here's my process

Think of a theme (yes i actually think of themes)
look up a reference photo
rush the build
make parkour in 20m-2h depending on the difficulty.
start over

but yeah I agree, manacube has made me loose my sanity and loose motivation, it is possibly one of the worse communities on any sort of mc server. I have tried to switch to many different games, but i keep coming back and idk why. I look up to ManaCube as a server that has a lot of downs and not many ups, even though I have been playing since 2014, I've just lost so much motivation to do maps and make them. I feel like I only come on for the dailys and beat the ones i want to, then leave and go watch netflix or play a different game.

Minecraft is a good game, but manacube has made it as one of the worse if not the worse communities on all of minecraft, it has a toxic player base and I wish we as players could change that, starting by Manacube shutting down a gamemode for 1 day out of each month, just to fix bugs and etc, if that makes sense. I just wish the community could do better and stop complaining, this is what burns me out a lot on the server.

- Making maps
- Constant toxicity on the server
- Nothing refreshing.

Sometimes i wonder how people like me, casey, and doob still play, we could've moved on to other games, but we keep coming back because we have a mc addiction. This server has burnt a lot of people out but we still play because we have either a rank or nothing else to do.

I really wish I could say something positive about this server, but I can't

Mana has burnt me out since covid came around and I hate it.

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
Here's my process

Think of a theme (yes i actually think of themes)
look up a reference photo
rush the build
make parkour in 20m-2h depending on the difficulty.
start over

but yeah I agree, manacube has made me loose my sanity and loose motivation, it is possibly one of the worse communities on any sort of mc server. I have tried to switch to many different games, but i keep coming back and idk why. I look up to ManaCube as a server that has a lot of downs and not many ups, even though I have been playing since 2014, I've just lost so much motivation to do maps and make them. I feel like I only come on for the dailys and beat the ones i want to, then leave and go watch netflix or play a different game.

Minecraft is a good game, but manacube has made it as one of the worse if not the worse communities on all of minecraft, it has a toxic player base and I wish we as players could change that, starting by Manacube shutting down a gamemode for 1 day out of each month, just to fix bugs and etc, if that makes sense. I just wish the community could do better and stop complaining, this is what burns me out a lot on the server.

- Making maps
- Constant toxicity on the server
- Nothing refreshing.

Sometimes i wonder how people like me, casey, and doob still play, we could've moved on to other games, but we keep coming back because we have a mc addiction. This server has burnt a lot of people out but we still play because we have either a rank or nothing else to do.

I really wish I could say something positive about this server, but I can't

Mana has burnt me out since covid came around and I hate it.
how do you find a way to complain about manacube in every thread lol. even ones which hardly relate to it. this should be someplace else.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Hello.

I thought for a question for people involved in mapmaking. I’ve been struggling staying motivated to finish my map. (Recently found new motivation tho) and I was thinking like what are other peoples motivators for making maps?
I look forward to getting testers

DaWomboss

Ratings
32 1
not really a "creator" but for me I like to make maps on here because I thoroughly enjoy it and I find it relaxing. I don't see it as a laborious task because I work on it slowly in my free time. Just put on some music, maybe be in a vc with friends, and you can just sit down and build mindlessly for hours.

druiditbeau

MVP+
druiditbeau
druiditbeau
MVP+
Ratings
Okay so... About finishing maps, it is true it's way hard to finish a map over starting a new one, and the main reason for me is, we are not doing something new, we are polishing and doing something that we already saw tons of times, it may seem repetitive for our mind.

Some things that can help A LOT for that?

Well having other people around working with you makes me stay super motivated even when doing boring tasks.
Not only can your whole project become better it will be more satisfying because you will look at the hours spent doing those maps
and you will think of the hours and bounds created during those maps, you will look at those moments as positive and good ones and not as a "OMG I wish I could just finish this map already".

Another thing you can do to motivate yourself is watching other people doing it, because you might be like "wait I need to do that too, gotta keep up!".

All this being said, I do sometimes spend hours and hours alone building, and that's okay, sometimes I'm just "in the zone", as lynchiles said yesterday ahah, but I would rather work with other people then work alone, more productive, more fun and a better result. Win win situation right there.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
pure spite and pettiness to get the theme claimed before any other map maker can

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
Hello.

Honestly, I just start making maps when I have an idea and my brain won't let me leave until it's finished. This is why I can't make a huge insane map cause it will for sure take me more than a day and I don't want to hyper-fixate on the build and be up all night making it. So yeah, just make your maps fast, kinda like what Noah said.