Question of the Day #20

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
For people who have their school online now, did the virus make this easier or harder for you to get work done?

Azy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Astruss
Astruss
Patron
Ratings
110 2
so okay tbh without this virus im gonna be 100% honest i think i wouldve failed my grade bc i dont go to school usually and this kinda made me realize that i should go (not sure if im still passing last week of school is next week) i mean it was hard to understand i was stressing alot but still id say that easier

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
so okay tbh without this virus im gonna be 100% honest i think i wouldve failed my grade bc i dont go to school usually and this kinda made me realize that i should go (not sure if im still passing last week of school is next week) i mean it was hard to understand i was stressing alot but still id say that easier
Hell yea! Congratz on the good outcome! Gotta look at every positive thing we can find if there is any at all :D

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
I find it a lot harder to get work done and I end up procrastinating until an hour before its due then I start all my work xD
I'm not in school anymore but GOD ALMIGHTY this would be the biggest excuse to procrastinate, so I'm with ya on this one xD

Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
Honestly, in my opinion I feel that it has made it slightly easier to do my work. This may be because life is slightly more relaxed, and I work better in relaxed conditions, rather than a chaotic school environment. You don't have the pressure to do work within a certain time limit and you are actually free, whilst at home, however at school (well my school) there are many restrictions such as you can only go to the toilet during the break, cannot have water in class and so forth...
Not to forget you can make your own timetable( which I have done) and can plan your own day out, without the fuss of listening to the teachers shouting at you when you are not in a lesson, on time.

Overall i prefer working at home :D.

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Honestly, in my opinion I feel that it has made it slightly easier to do my work. This may be because life is slightly more relaxed, and I work better in relaxed conditions, rather than a chaotic school environment. You don't have the pressure to do work within a certain time limit and you are actually free, whilst at home, however at school (well my school) there are many restrictions such as you can only go to the toilet during the break, cannot have water in class and so forth...
Not to forget you can make your own timetable( which I have done) and can plan your own day out, without the fuss of listening to the teachers shouting at you when you are not in a lesson, on time.

Overall i prefer working at home :D.
I agree to that entirely, I work better at home as well :3

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
At the start of the term, for a few weeks it was amazing, I got so much work done and I was in a no pressure environment. But recently, I've started to feel more flexible with it I guess?
At the beginning I had the attitude of "I'll get it done right now so I don't have to worry" but now my attitude is "I have 2 days, I'll get it done tomorrow because I don't have the braincells to do it now"

I'm just remembering now I had stuff due on Friday OOPS LOL
But I still just really appreciate the fact I can wear a hoodie to class rather than a dumb shirt and skirt >:[

We are also given "Weekly Planners" which are just a list of what we needed to get done (we'd get those on Monday and all the work would be due in on a Friday.) I still prefer that system than the normal one where we'd be given new work every lesson.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy! my online school ended a few weeks ago. However, I am in college and an art student. It was really difficult for me to switch to online because I no longer had access to studios and most of my supplies. I feel as if I was not given the same opportunities I would have had if I was still on campus. However, I understand why we had to move online and support the choice my university made.

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
For people who have their school online now, did the virus make this easier or harder for you to get work done?
I think it definitely had its perks and its flaws, I was able to get my grade up in a lot of my traditional classes but ended up getting a lower grade in a more hands on class, as I was not able to do any hands on activities. Its a give and a take imo.

Java

ExclusiveKeeper

MVP
ExclusiveKeeper
ExclusiveKeeper
MVP
Ratings
Honestly I feel like quarantine fit me personally better and how I like to do things, I was able to procrastinate a lot more and have a lot more free time but I could do small segments of work at a time rather than try to cram it all in at once, overall felt a lot better and easier for me