Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey everyone! I can't believe I've made it to doing 10 questions already :) Thank you for everyone who has been responding and replying! My goal was to bring a little more life to the forums every single week, and I feel like I've done that even just a little bit. So thank you guys :D

This week's question occurred to me when I was out walking my dog in my neighborhood earlier today. I noticed a bunch of the houses nearby were pretty much exactly the same and it bothered me for some reason. There's no good reason b ehind it, I just dislike the lack of variety...idk it makes me feel like we're in a simulation or something idk IDK

So the question is: What are some things you find generally unsettling/annoying that most people might not care about?

Again, thanks to everyone who participates in this every week <3 you're great! And have an awesome week, stay safe!

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
483 21
This may be super strange, but I find the smallest of messes annoying and I am one of those people who can't be bothered to clear it up. This means that no one cleans up the mess as it doesn't bother them but neither do I. This plays on my mind, I should clear it up, but I don't and it annoys me. Very weird.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Howdy howdy!

for me it’s eating sounds! I feel bad for all my friends I call with often on discord, I’m always the first person to ask them to mute their mic if I can hear it. The worst is chips or metals hitting metal.
Same here! I don't mind eating in general in call especially if it's people I know really well, but anything really crunchy drives me crazy. That and people who slurp...ugh. Drives me crazy :mad:

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
Okay so I understand when people's voices go up and the end of a sentence to emphasise a point or to genuinely ask a question, but I will cringe so hard whenever I meet someone who decides to always raise their voice at the end of a sentence. It gets to me on a level I cannot express in words. It sounds like they're always asking a question or simply questioning his/herself.

Me: "Hey ______! How are you?"
Them: Well I'm pretty goOD, but my house burnt down over the weekeND, and I lost everythiNG."

If you say that in your head you will realise how strange it is and you'll be able to relate to this strange mind of mine. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Hai Quinny ;3
I'm not someone that is suupppperrr obssessed with grammar or anything, but when people use the wrong your/you're or the wrong their/there/they're. Makes me really annoyed, I don't know why :(

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Okay so I understand when people's voices go up and the end of a sentence to emphasise a point or to genuinely ask a question, but I will cringe so hard whenever I meet someone who decides to always raise their voice at the end of a sentence. It gets to me on a level I cannot express in words. It sounds like they're always asking a question or simply questioning his/herself.

Me: "Hey ______! How are you?"
Them: Well I'm pretty goOD, but my house burnt down over the weekeND, and I lost everythiNG."

If you say that in your head you will realise how strange it is and you'll be able to relate to this strange mind of mine. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
Definitely something I notice in my friends at college from California specifically...it drives me crazy sometimes too hahaha

Hai Quinny ;3
I'm not someone that is suupppperrr obssessed with grammar or anything, but when people use the wrong your/you're or the wrong their/there/they're. Makes me really annoyed, I don't know why :(
SAME. It's even worse when I'm so tired I do it myself. We can't all be perfect :(

Ratings
I have a problem with clutter, but only a very specific kind. I have almost a radius of workspace around me that has to be clean at all times or I start to get panicky. I'm by no means claustrophobic, but it feels like I'm suffocating if there's too much stuff directly around me.

I figure I probably just need accessibility to stuff while I'm doing things.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
A peculiar peeve of mine has to be people touching my computer chair or resting their arms on it while I'm sitting on it. It's super weird, but the light pressure/shaking truly just peeves the hell out of me. :oops:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I have a problem with clutter, but only a very specific kind. I have almost a radius of workspace around me that has to be clean at all times or I start to get panicky. I'm by no means claustrophobic, but it feels like I'm suffocating if there's too much stuff directly around me.

I figure I probably just need accessibility to stuff while I'm doing things.
Oooh that's interesting. I'm more the opposite, I'm okay with clutter if it's in my desk area but when I look through my apartment overall and it's a big mess, I'm far more inclined to straighten things up.

A peculiar peeve of mine has to be people touching my computer chair or resting their arms on it while I'm sitting on it. It's super weird, but the light pressure/shaking truly just peeves the hell out of me. :oops:
That always scares me when people come up behind me and tap my chair or move me while I'm in it. Gives me a jump :(

Setryuii

Ratings
My stuff getting messed up even if it's simply a pencil. I hate when people break or ruin my stuff.