Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello all, I'm back on time again with question of the week!
This one is a little more serious:

Do you have any phobias or irrational fears? If so, what are they?

I have a severe phobia of tornadoes. I fear how they are unstoppable and destructive. I feel like if I were ever truly caught in a tornado that I'd be so hopeless and defenseless. Summertime in the Midwestern U.S. is a nightmare for me, especially when it's meant to storm. But I've studied the weather patterns and signs of tornado weather to help calm myself. Then again, knowing when the conditions are met sends me into a tizzy.
I will also admit I have an irrational fear of black holes. The notion that there's a supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy holding it together terrifies me, I don't know why but just the thought gives me anxiety LOL. I think it's because I watched a TV show about "ways the Earth could be destroyed" and one of the ways was where the Earth would be sucked into a black hole, or torn apart by two black holes. ANYWAY...

Let me know what some of your fears/phobias are, as irrational as they may seem!

Jecksun

PATRON+
Jecksun
Jecksun
Patron+
Ratings
Hi Quinny,

This is such an awesome question! Everybody has irrational fears. For myself, my most irrational fear is Isolation. It is relatively funny that you ask this question when we are "Social Distancing" where I am from. Anyway, for me, isolation is a challenging headspace to be in, I enjoy being sociable and talking to new people so imagining myself in complete isolation drives me mad. I like to think of fun times with friends, not so much me, myself, and I.

Thanks for asking this question :)

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
My biggest fear is honestly lizards. They're scary and gross and anyone who says anything different is wrong.

Samanthaa_x

Forum Expert
ELITE
Samanthaa_x
Samanthaa_x
ELITE
Ratings
231 5
Hello Quinny, id say my biggest fear would have to be spiders or spiders crawling on me( whether im aware of them doing it or not). Just the thought of a spider crawling on my arms, legs, neck or anywhere on my body makes me feel nervous and unsettled... This is may sound weird considering i live in Australia AKA where all the weird/creepy spiders and animals are, but honestly i barely ever see spiders here, so when i do it freaks me out big time!!!

Jecksun

PATRON+
Jecksun
Jecksun
Patron+
Ratings
Hello Quinny, id say my biggest fear would have to be spiders or spiders crawling on me( whether im aware of them doing it or not). Just the thought of a spider crawling on my arms, legs, neck or anywhere on my body makes me feel nervous and unsettled... This is may sound weird considering i live in Australia AKA where all the weird/creepy spiders and animals are, but honestly i barely ever see spiders here, so when i do it freaks me out big time!!!
Oh my, if I lived in Australia, I wouldn't be able to sleep thinking about all the venomous spiders I hear about on national geographic. xD

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
Do you have any phobias or irrational fears? If so, what are they?

I am scared of school that is my Irrational fears just let me game!!

Just joking, I mean school is important but you get those days where you just wanna sleep the whole day

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
THIS. Spiders aren't my biggest fear because when it comes down to it I can swat them or have my cat chase them down if I have to, but oh god do they make me squeamish. I think living in another part of the world where the spiders get really big would freak me out way too much!

Ratings
OMG I've always had a weird fear of mirrors. It's gotten better over the years but I used to avoid them at all costs. It's crazy and I can't even explain reasoning but they're creepy to me, and I'll always hate them just a little bit. Also screw the ocean, the ocean is horrifying <3

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
I have a huge fear of silent ads.

That might sound really weird, but when I sit in front of the tv at night (which is typically the only time I watch tv), usually there is a lot of sound that is captivating me.

But then the ad break happens, and as I sit through the ads, waiting for my show to start again, a silent ad appears. The last one in Australia I know of was by a car company, and they wrote that they wanted us to 'enjoy the silence and peacefulness'.

When I'm with someone else, I just start a conversation to get my mind off it, but if I'm alone, I FREAK out. I have to turn on the living room light and play a video on my phone until Netflix is working on my tv. The way my brain thinks is that I don't want it to happen again, so I'm just going to watch something that guarantees me no silent ads(Netflix). Once Netflix is working and I'm watching Brooklyn 99 (That is my go-to after I think/watch/experience something scary), I then continue to think about it for ages. The light stays on, and I literally cannot move. I think about all the noises that sound out of place around me, and my mind races to all of the scary events that happened before this to make me more terrified.

Usually it dies down after a few hours. I try to forget about it or toughen up and go to my room so I am in my safe space, but I hate it so much. It is so weird, but it always happens to me. I don't think I'll ever watch tv when I live alone lmao