Rejected Quidditch || Seeker - Hard Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arky__

Arky__
Arky__
Ratings
I would like to begin by saying that I understand that there is already two Quidditch themed maps, 'Quidditch' (Easy) and 'QuidditchMatch' (Medium). I am hoping both the Hard difficulty and the (hopefully) better implementation of the theme and parkour provides enough originality to be accepted.

Arky__ - Build Helped by Morcaen
Ideally would be named 'Quidditch' but this is taken so 'Seeker' after the Seeker position in a Quidditch match
To visit the build : /plot v Arky__ 3
2020-09-16_18.47.28.png 2020-09-16_18.47.40.png 2020-09-16_18.47.51.png 2020-09-16_18.48.10.png
Hard
72 Jumps

**Note**
Ideally the colour on the text of all of the signs would be more readable but I do not have these permissions right now. Why is it that x-facing signs are more eligible than z-facing signs? Kind of annoying.

Thanks for reading my submission.

Attachments

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey there!

It's really cool you took the time to create and submit your map, and I think you did great! However, there are some issues with it.

BUILD:
  • You did a good job with the build, and I was able to tell what it was!
  • The build effectively matches the intended form and aesthetic.
  • You lose some wanted detail in the build because of the smaller size of things such as the grandstands, hoops, etc.
THEME:
  • Unfortunately there are already several Harry Potter themed maps, including a Quidditch map.
PARKOUR:
  • The parkour is pretty good, and seems to mostly match the difficulty
  • You have a decent variety of different jumps and blocks, so good job there!
  • The parkour could use even more fun and interesting jumps, especially in a higher difficulty map like this!
OTHER:
  • Make sure to take a look at this wiki page if you haven't already, it'll help you out and increase the chances of your map being accepted!

Overall, great job and keep working at it!

Arky__

Arky__
Arky__
Ratings
Hey there!

It's really cool you took the time to create and submit your map, and I think you did great! However, there are some issues with it.

BUILD:
  • You did a good job with the build, and I was able to tell what it was!
  • The build effectively matches the intended form and aesthetic.
  • You lose some wanted detail in the build because of the smaller size of things such as the grandstands, hoops, etc.
THEME:
  • Unfortunately there are already several Harry Potter themed maps, including a Quidditch map.
PARKOUR:
  • The parkour is pretty good, and seems to mostly match the difficulty
  • You have a decent variety of different jumps and blocks, so good job there!
  • The parkour could use even more fun and interesting jumps, especially in a higher difficulty map like this!
OTHER:
  • Make sure to take a look at this wiki page if you haven't already, it'll help you out and increase the chances of your map being accepted!

Overall, great job and keep working at it!
Thanks for replying!
Since it’s the only thing I can really change now, do you have any suggestions to improve the parkour? I don’t expect a full breakdown but I’m only relatively knew to proper mine craft parkour and would be open to any new ideas.
Thanks.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Arky__,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is sadly not original, as there are already two Quidditch maps that are pretty similar aesthetically to this one. The build is pretty nice though, despite the theme not being original. Not much else to say about the build, it looks very nice!

The parkour is the main problem with this map. It's a victim of the theme for the most part-- stadium themed maps don't work very well for parkour, because it either A. forces the map maker to build lots of floating parkour to not ruin the field (which is what happened in this case, as well as due to the flying broomstick theme), or B. the field ends up being full of spiky jumps on the field into the stands, which distracts from the smoothness a stadium field should have, and doesn't integrate the parkour well into the build. The parkour isn't varied or mixed well, with a lot of the parkour being made of normal blocks and ice. As stated above in the thread, I would recommend looking at our Wiki related to building maps, as well as looking at /warp beta on the server and the Accepted Maps subforum to get a good idea of what our parkour standards look like. Feel free to message me on Discord as well!

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or again, preferably Discord. Hope to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.