Bottom floor, inside
2019-03-30_08.39.41.png

Top floor, inside

Username: MCBYT
Map name: Raid
/plot home MCBYT 2
Hard difficulty
Jumps: ~50
Checkpoints: 4 (1 at the start of the actual parkour, 3 at various points throughout the parkour)

This map is based off the Minecraft factions gamemode, where you "raid" other bases/homes to collect loot for yourself.

Differences between V1 and V2:

• All barriers have been removed (other than the invisible block jumps).
  • All glass pane jumps have been removed (2 were replaced with other blocks [iron bars, chests], one was completely removed).
  • Help has been added (in signs) at confusing jumps.
  • Floor/ceiling now has a simple alternating nether brick/purple clay/lime clay design.
  • Skull logo has been placed inside on the bottom floor.
  • Text logo has been placed outside on the front.
  • All parkour blocks have been replaced with the stone equivalent (for consistency)
  • Lighting has been improved.
  • Redstone has been completely disconnected from the cannon, although it is there (for visual aesthetic) it cannot be activated.
  • Nether portal (needs to be lit, if possible) and crafting/smelting station added to the bottom floor.
  • Added a fifth checkpoint.
  • Changed the end of the parkour (to reduce difficulty)

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Your map is original but the build is not attractive since it's a giant block tower AND block variation to me just doesn't match the inside. I get you have a texture-pack on, but try to see what your map looks like in the normal texture pack next time to see if you would want to upload it.

-1 for now.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Your map is original but the build is not attractive since it's a giant block tower AND block variation to me just doesn't match the inside. I get you have a texture-pack on, but try to see what your map looks like in the normal texture pack next time to see if you would want to upload it.

-1 for now.
I had checked it in V1 and it wasn't too bad, but you're right, after adding the V2 changes it messes up the theme. I replaced a bunch of blocks to make it look better, updating pictures now (this time, pictures are in default pack).

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi MCBYT,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
My opinion didn't changed even with the little changes, the parkour is better, but still too short for a hard, and too hard for a medium. The main problem is the build, it's still pretty unattractive and plain. I still like the theme, but it's pretty hard to have a good build with this theme. Last little thing, I found a new exploit here : http://prntscr.com/n551fv

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.