Bottom floor, inside.
2019-03-22_13.19.23.png

Top floor, inside.

Username: MCBYT
Map name: Raid
/plot home MCBYT 2
Hard difficulty
Jumps: ~50
Checkpoints: 4 (1 at the start of the actual parkour, 3 at various points throughout the parkour)

This map is based off the Minecraft factions gamemode, where you "raid" other bases/homes to collect loot for yourself.

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
theme is original but build could be better.

Also jumps look repetitive.

These Jumps are skippable in 1.12.+
1553540028234.png

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
theme is original but build could be better.

Also jumps look repetitive.

These Jumps are skippable in 1.12.+ View attachment 12654
I can try to improve the inside build, but the outside pretty much has to stay the same (because the only difference between this and a normal factions base is the water on the outside, and if I added that it would cause lag)
I plan on changing a few of the jumps, so hopefully that'll fix any repetitiveness.
As for the glass pane jump, it's only 1 or 2 jumps that would be skippable, not a huge deal.

EDIT: Worked on the interior design of the bottom floor, not finished yet but I added another sign (realistic to an actual factions base), a crafting/smelting station, a nether portal, and a faction logo (which many large factions have, this one is just a simple skeleton skull). Also changed up the parkour a bit, made quartz the block for normal jumps (it changed from obsidian to quartz halfway through, now it's consistent) and added a few soul sand/ice jumps.

Last edited:
Ratings
This is a super original theme, and that's the hardest thing about making a map in my opinion. I like how you have made it accurate to factions but i do agree with '...' in that the interior could be improved. Perhaps you could add different floors and armour stands? Just little things to spruce it up a bit :) good luck!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
This is a super original theme, and that's the hardest thing about making a map in my opinion. I like how you have made it accurate to factions but i do agree with '...' in that the interior could be improved. Perhaps you could add different floors and armour stands? Just little things to spruce it up a bit :) good luck!
I could try different floors, probably will keep the bottom one obsidian though. As for armor stands, that's a great idea I didn't even think of, will do. Thanks!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
I could try different floors, probably will keep the bottom one obsidian though. As for armor stands, that's a great idea I didn't even think of, will do. Thanks!
armor stands do not work on Map maker or creative.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi MCBYT,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is original, since there is no "Faction" maps like this. The build is not really good, the build looks really plain and unattractive (Even if it's how Faction work), please add more details in your build next time. The parkour is not really good, even if it's really varied, there is still some flaw, firstly I found your map pretty confusing, mostly because of invisible blocks (There is a invisible block between the glass pane and the trapdoor, which is not good (I realised after there is a slime, but I didn't saw it at first ; and this slime with second slime after are skippable), secondly, tnt cannon are not allowed, since they are not infinite and pretty buggy (I can replace this with a jump pad, but better to tell you this), and single glass panes are not allowed too, so please be sure to read this thread : https://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/, and lastly, the map is a bit too short for a hard in my opinion, but too hard for a medium.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.