Status
Not open for further replies.
Katmore
Rainbow Explosion
Screenshots:
2019-03-07_18.10.23.png

2019-03-07_18.10.56.png

2019-03-07_18.10.31.png

Warp Id:ID: -43;25, Owner: AquxticKat (Username changed before build started)
  • Difficulty: Easy

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
-1 theme is unoriginal.

xSemo

PATRON+
xSemo
xSemo
Patron+
Ratings
37 1
Hey Katmore!

Just got done with your map! It's really cute and fun but there are some major issues you need to adjust:
》Although the build is cute and well made, the theme isn't that original. There are various "rainbow" maps and map judges like to have variety in the map pool.
》Your build has a lot of floating jumps. When making a map, the jumps need to be attached to the main build. Most of your jumps are floating in the air which takes away from the creativeness of the main build.
》You don't have much variety in your jumps. It's mostly wool blocks and ladders. Map judges love to see different blocks added into the parkour to give it a sense of originality (If you're still confused about this you can check how previously accepted maps look).
》The difficulty of some of your jumps are too hard for an easy map. I recommend nerfing some of them.
》Some of your jumps aren't possible, like the first jump and the one near the end of the map. Try and fix those up as well.

Overall it's a cute build and fun to parkour around. However you have a lot of things that need to be taken care of. If you need any help lemme know! Good luck! :D

Ezy

MVP+
EzyAsPie
EzyAsPie
MVP+
Very Nice Katmore!

I'll definitely check it out, I'm always memorized by colors lol :D
You should try adding different paths, that might spice things up a bit, OR just overall make it longer! :)
I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Ezy

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hoi Katmore,
I’ll be giving your map a -1, the reasons are the following;
The theme is unoriginal, as there are a lot of “Rainbow” themed maps, like ‘3Rainbows‘, and the build is not really appealing.
About the parkour, to start off, from what I’ve tested, the first jump is impossible, and the jumps don’t fit the difficulty, I would also like to add I found it messy, so it would be good to add things like signs to make it less messy.

¡Good Luck! <3

Thanks, and sorry about that. I'm currently fixing some of my mistakes, including the first jump + the messiness.

Edited Version of map:
2019-03-10_18.35.00.png

2019-03-10_18.34.34.png
2019-03-10_18.34.44.png

I've fixed the jumps, and added a couple more. Since some of the blocks weren't connected to the build, I've extended the rainbow, and added some clouds. Thank you for your feedback.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello,
First of all, the build itself does look nice, but the theme is very overused, as there are many rainbow themed maps (Colors, 3Rainbows, Rainbow road, carpetrun to name a few). The parkour is an okay length for the difficulty, maybe a little bit too long, but that isn't really an issue. The parkour itself is a good difficulty for an easy map, however there isn't much variety in the jumps, as many are single block jumps, and it does get quite repetitive, so I would recommend you experiment a bit more with the style of jumps you use when building maps.

Good luck! :)

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Katmore,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not original, because there is already a lot of "Rainbow" themed maps, be careful next time ! The build is not really good, the main problem is the map looks messy, because all your parkour is floating above the build, try to build your parkour on/in a main build, and not like you did. The parkour is not really good, it's a bit varied, but still repetitive (There is a lot of normal jumps compared to ice or glass panes), there is also an exploit right here : http://prntscr.com/mwouv9

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.