Rejected Razor Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: CommunistKebab
Map name: Razor Leaf
No. 100:77
Difficulty: Medium (possible easy but too long so I made it a medium).
No. jumps: 65

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey CommunistKebab,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although have an overabundance of Pokemon-related maps currently on our server, this does feature a Pokemon we haven't seen before (Turtwig) so it's original in that aspect. Good job!
  • Build: I'm not particularly a fan of the build. It's important I mention that the Turtwig build is pretty good (could even be its own map if you do it right). The rest of the map, though, is not so good. The pixel art razor leaves and floating parkour really hinder the map greatly. We do not like pixel art because of how flat and outdated it is, it's just not a pretty technique anymore. It just makes the map look very basic and unattractive. The floating parkour also just hinders its attractiveness even more by cluttering the build.
  • Parkour: The parkour was too easy for the medium difficulty, although it was long enough for it. You must either buff the map for it to fit the medium difficulty or shorten the number of jumps and make it an easy. The big problem with the parkour, though, was how repetitive it was. Almost the entirety of the map was ladders and leaf block jumps, that's it. That's not entertaining to do at all, you need to be more creative with your parkour. Utilize a bunch of different jumps/blocks, play around with them.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.