Reducing item drops and bow update

GGAddictionz

VIP
GGAddictionz
GGAddictionz
VIP
I think KitPVP is in a dire need of updating. The lag is absolutely atrocious, when there are more than 15-20 people online ping averages 200-300ms with 600-800ms spikes where everyone freezes up.

Now I know this isn't an outright solution to the lag problem however, what I am about to suggest would tackle two other major problems on the server right now. One being the number of items dropped and in turn inventory clutter (see example image)and the other being bow spammers.

If we were to remove the bow from kit fight and arrows from every kit it would completely redefine the use of bows for the average player. Taking the arrows from all the kits would also mean people would not be picking up arrows constantly and infinity would increase in value resulting in MVP and MVP+ bows finally being viable again instead of clutter like VIP and VIP+ bows since their punch 1 is not very reliable when bow boosting. Elite bows would also be more desirable over weekly bows which are accessible to every player currently for bow boosting.

Reworking the fight kit would also benefit from reducing the number of steak people get. I have rarely ever got to use more than 1 stake dropping with fight kit since you are likely to die near spawn. If you get into a chase you still wouldn't be running around needing 8 steak in your inventory and quite frankly if you are running that much you are wasting your time. Limit the number of steak on the PVP arena would benefit everyone since it is common to end up with inventories full of steak and arrows. Clutter aside the number of steak being dumped by people on kill streaks or just randomly lying around would be reduced and that would potentially improve server performance as well.

I would have suggested this on the suggestions page however it seems to still be as dead as when I last made a comment about it.
Arrow prices currently are in line with the suggested balance changes being $200 for 48 arrows.

I would like to point out that access to bows for non-donators in kit form would not be a bad idea if it was limited more and not given as a default. Making a 10-15 min cool-down for an archer kit that includes the current fight kit bow and maybe some additional projectile protection armor like the ender kit (maybe gold?) would make for a nice change but of course you could make it unlock-able like the other kits.

Attachments