Remove Combat Logging - This isn't what we wanted </3

SpaceTsunaml

ELITE
SpaceTsunami
SpaceTsunami
ELITE
Ratings
33 1
The suggestions for a combat logging system were to implement a system that could track combat logging and allow staff to give warnings or punishments based on it happening multiple times. The newly implemented combat logging system has now made it to where nobody will pvp or go into combat with any of their ssv related combat items, therefor making the majority of ssv weapons and armor worthless, or not worth risking. We as survival kindly request to remove this combat logging system, or change it to where it doesn't kill players, merely logs the "Combat Log" and allows for staff detection or tracking. Many players such as myself, don't have a stable internet connection and can get kicked repeatedly for poor internet. Just a thought <3

Gatehousekeeper

PATRON+
Ratings
21 1
100% agree, I personally don't see barely any people combat logging any more because its highly frowned upon and to be fair, its just so much easier just to jump out, this implementation created more problems than it *solved*.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Howdy!

Sorry if you said it and I just missed it but, what server are you talking about when you bring this up?
Its in Survival Kayla xD

@Gatehousekeeper @SpaceTsunaml I'm going to sleep a bit now but happy to start a discussion about the change later. Either here or on discord!

SpaceTsunaml

ELITE
SpaceTsunami
SpaceTsunami
ELITE
Ratings
33 1
Howdy!

Sorry if you said it and I just missed it but, what server are you talking about when you bring this up?
Hey Kayla! As raptor said it's survival. We have a tiny little pvp pit but its highly populated by a lot of people to just hang out in or mess around and pvp. However a lot of people who do have horrible internet (myself) That can't really be changed just for mana. As a person whose dev'ed before in ways (personal stuff), I can atest to the fact that a combat logger that just logs the actually logging (stores logs in a database or cache similar to the way bans and kicks and such are stored, would be much more effective. That way say if somebody gets kicked for logging, they dont immediatly lose all their items, rather are just warned for it happening, and if its a repeated offence (Similar to mutes and chat related stuff) then a punishment could be inflicted, whether that be a ban, or maybe even a pvp alone ban! A lot of people bring their ssv's into pvp, that can be ranging upwards of 500-700 cubits worth in total. Adding a system that drops all of these items on a combat log rather removes the actual interest in even going into pvp anymore. The server have an overall near absolute consensus that the method just implemented was not what was wanted. The only person I've seen who actually supports the change is @Sonic_Raptor which *Personally* i've seen in PVP very few times. (Might just be me idk <3)

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
While i agree with the point of combat logging messing up during server side kicks, its far outweighed by the amount of actual logging it prevents

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Hi! Thank you all for expressing your opinions on combat logging. We appreciate when people speak up, and politely haha
This was a change that we knew might cause some split opinions, but we thought it benefited survival more than hindered. I know people’s first impressions are it “sucks we hate it get rid of it” but it’s only been implemented for... I believe barely two hours? So we’re hoping it can be given a chance before we have to remove it; which we definitely can if that is the consensus.
If you want to speak to a staff member about it, I’m sure most if not all survival staff are open to talk to about any questions queries or concerns ;)
My discord is anxi#1011 so contact me whenever if you would like! <3

switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
A lot of people that main PvP wanted combat logging adding. We wanted something that would kill the player when they log, so they lose their items (holy protected armor would stay). Even though not many people log out during combat, it's much easier than jumping out of the Arena. Once you log back in, you are immune to taking damage (whatever the reason may be, server-wise, or with your connection. This is mainly the reason why we wanted a combat logging plugin. The whole point of the plugin is to kill players that log out during combat, not put it into a file/log for staff to check it later. There aren't many staff in Survival at all times so this just makes their jobs harder having to go through and ban people for logging out. I think it's a good idea, and obviously there are some errors with it, which hopefully get fixed. Keep in mind I haven't seen the new system in Survival yet, so I don't know much about it.

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Hey there! Thank you for expressing possible concerns about the new combat logging feature that was added earlier today, it's always good to see players expressing their opinion on issues.

Keep in mind that while this was something that was added, it's not necessarily permanent. In the future if it's decided that this feature is no longer needed at warp pvp it can easily be removed. The one thing I'd say is to wait and see. It was only added earlier this morning and who knows, in a few days or weeks your opinion may be still it should be removed, or it could completely change and think it's a good feature to have!

I know the other fellow survival staff have done the same thing but if you want to have a longer discussion more about what you think or start a conversation my discord is 4thForce#7685 so you can reach me there! :D

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
I agree, I dislike the system.

Here is my rude way of saying it: Good idea, bad system, lack of communication, no good, should go bye bye.

All jokes aside, I personally don't think that adding this ct update was not the best move. As there are a lot of different things that need to be fixed/added on survival, this really should not have been that high on the list. As warp pvp only applies to a small percentage of people playing on the server, there are other things such as artmap or other bugs that have made people quit survival.

I think the problem is this; It is similar to factions, where there are a lot of things that can be added but people are not properly suggesting them but instead think that rudely directing them at staff in chat would work. 3 simple words to describe this problem: lack of communication. Instead, we should be properly messaging staff/posting about it in the forums and explaining what good it would bring to the server. It's really not that hard and makes the staff teams' lives easier.

Adding on to that point, this combat tag update has basically been added out of no where. No players have information on how it works other than to have to try it out themselves, risking losing their items. We don't know how long the combat tag will last for, as there is nothing that shows up on the sidebar like Kitpvp and Factions. We don't know if it only applies to warp pvp or in the wild too. We don't know what you can be combat tagged with, such as space blaster guns and snowball launchers. We don't know how the system works, do you lose your exp when you die to ct? Do you lose your holy protected items? It would be very nice if we could have a small update about it.

A lot can be learned from this one update.

Players - Make suggestions properly through discord/forums so that when they are added, we are getting what we want instead of having a twisted version of it.

Staff - Please be more clear with updates along with communicating the community about them and asking what they want.

SpaceTsunaml

ELITE
SpaceTsunami
SpaceTsunami
ELITE
Ratings
33 1
I agree, I dislike the system.

Here is my rude way of saying it: Good idea, bad system, lack of communication, no good, should go bye bye.

All jokes aside, I personally don't think that adding this ct update was not the best move. As there are a lot of different things that need to be fixed/added on survival, this really should not have been that high on the list. As warp pvp only applies to a small percentage of people playing on the server, there are other things such as artmap or other bugs that have made people quit survival.

I think the problem is this; It is similar to factions, where there are a lot of things that can be added but people are not properly suggesting them but instead think that rudely directing them at staff in chat would work. 3 simple words to describe this problem: lack of communication. Instead, we should be properly messaging staff/posting about it in the forums and explaining what good it would bring to the server. It's really not that hard and makes the staff teams' lives easier.

Adding on to that point, this combat tag update has basically been added out of no where. No players have information on how it works other than to have to try it out themselves, risking losing their items. We don't know how long the combat tag will last for, as there is nothing that shows up on the sidebar like Kitpvp and Factions. We don't know if it only applies to warp pvp or in the wild too. We don't know what you can be combat tagged with, such as space blaster guns and snowball launchers. We don't know how the system works, do you lose your exp when you die to ct? Do you lose your holy protected items? It would be very nice if we could have a small update about it.

A lot can be learned from this one update.

Players - Make suggestions properly through discord/forums so that when they are added, we are getting what we want instead of having a twisted version of it.

Staff - Please be more clear with updates along with communicating the community about them and asking what they want.

Extremely well expressed and addressed. I think that everything in here is exactly what needed to be said, and why I made a forum post about it. People spamming staff on discord and ranting in chat isn't gonna do much, however, the forums is where change is supposed to be made. It would have been nice to have had literally any knowledge from upper staff about this update, before it released, and after it did. It came literally out of nowhere, and was a system a couple people complained about wanting in chat, then apparently got added, when other more important things, such as artmap, now armor stands, sell chests, and other such features that the community constantly expresses their wish to be fixed, get ignored, and instead things such as this get bumped in priority, that just cause more problems. In all honesty, I think if a priority list exists, it should be released to the community, to if anything appease our minds that there is an actual tangible, realistic plan in place. Another thing that is DESPERATELY needed is communication, because no one has any clue whats happening.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
I've seen alternative combat loggers that instead of insta killing you, create an NPC that can be killed when you log out in combat. It still provides a significant enough of a risk to discourage combat logging, but in the case of a short disconnect, it doesn't completely screw you over.

To disable combat logging completely or to have a warning based system is naïve. While internet disconnects are really frustrating, as you lose all your stuff (I used to play factions and my internet would dc all the time, it gets old fast), there's no way to differentiate between internet disconnects and intentional disconnects. With that system, you end up either having unchecked combat logging with no real punishment or discouragement, or the potential for people with genuine internet problems to be punished for something they cannot control.

So while I understand your frustration (believe me lol), it is significantly better than the alternative for those interested in pvp. That being said, I do still think an NPC based combat logger would be better, and think that's a change worth suggesting.

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
344 101
I agree as survival isnt a pvp game or something like that. Factions should have it cause it's a game of destruction but I dont think it's very necessary on survival. Personally I dont really mind but athers do and i want to think for athers and not only for my self as i am not a selfish guy.