Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
For anyone who has ever been muted on Manacube, you will know by now that anytime you connect to the server, switch gamemodes, or try to a send a message in chat, it will give you a message that looks like this:
1611520592958.png

I don't see this as an issue when you FIRST get muted- but to have it constantly being shown in chat everytime you switch serveres, log in, or try to type in chat gets annoying really quickly. I don't see the point of the message to begin with, since all players have access to the ban site and can search up their punishment. If all else fails, they can just message a mod. Instead of this long message being shown everytime in chat- I feel it should be changed to something along the lines of this: "Your voice has been silenced [mute length]!" I'm not sure if this shows up in the server's console logs... but I know on other servers if someone tries to type while muted it'll say something along the lines of "StormySkiesYT tried to speak, but their voice was silenced..." I'm not sure the exact wording, because I ain't staff, but I'm gonna assume that it DOES show up in the logs. So, by implementing my suggestion, not only would this keep the muted person's chat cleaner, it'd make the chat logs slightly less cluttered. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll try my best to answer them! Feel free to leave your thoughts as well :)

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
I can see the frustration with it popping up every time you join and switch servers, that would get annoying quite quickly. But I don't see an issue with it showing up every time you try and speak, after a while, you would get used to this and eventually stop typing in chat as you know you're muted (If you don't, you're just getting reminded).

Would be nice to change this, but personally, I don't have a problem with it apart from it popping up every time you're connecting to the servers; just seems overkill to me.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I can see the frustration with it popping up every time you join and switch servers, that would get annoying quite quickly. But I don't see an issue with it showing up every time you try and speak, after a while, you would get used to this and eventually stop typing in chat as you know you're muted (If you don't, you're just getting reminded).

Would be nice to change this, but personally, I don't have a problem with it apart from it popping up every time you're connecting to the servers; just seems overkill to me.
Sometimes when I'm trying to run a command or message a friend I'll accidentally forget the '/' in front of the text and while that is on me, it still gets frustrating. It's not like I've forgotten that I'm muted :/
Edit: Just to clarify, even if you are muted players can use friend messages, party chat (applies to most game modes) and ./reply

Killerxd2003

Dedicated Member
ELITE
killerxd2003
killerxd2003
ELITE
Ratings
I get what your saying though I’ve never experienced it but I kind of like it. I’m sure when it was designed it wasn’t meant to be an annoyance, simply a reminder. But it’s kind of an unexpected plus because it serves as an incentive to not get muted again.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I get what your saying though I’ve never experienced it but I kind of like it. I’m sure when it was designed it wasn’t meant to be an annoyance, simply a reminder. But it’s kind of an unexpected plus because it serves as an incentive to not get muted again.
Personally, I don't really think it gives me any incentive to not get muted again... it is just more of a nuisance than anything.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I think for people who are not as well versed with how the Manacube system works and how to contact, appeal or find the evidence for their mute that the pop up is very useful. I think its actually a very good quality of life control and allows those who have long or permanent mutes to remember why and what got them muted and further reinforces the behaviour that is unacceptable on Manacube. Another factor is some people with long mutes genuinely forget why they've been muted whether it be for an inappropriate name or other chat related issues.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I think for people who are not as well versed with how the Manacube system works and how to contact, appeal or find the evidence for their mute that the pop up is very useful. I think its actually a very good quality of life control and allows those who have long or permanent mutes to remember why and what got them muted and further reinforces the behaviour that is unacceptable on Manacube. Another factor is some people with long mutes genuinely forget why they've been muted whether it be for an inappropriate name or other chat related issues.
Remembering is the last thing I need to do, and I thought I was supposed to move but remembering what happened and why I am muted in the first place just brings it all back. If I'm permanently muted for the rest of my days, so be it. I want to be able to choose how I live out my day and I don't wanna be getting constant reminders of "hey, this is just yet another reminder that you hecking failed to follow the rules for so and so." Key word- FAILED!
And you know what, maybe I did fail. But doesn't that just mean that I have to try, try again? My points still stand!! I don't believe that having constant reminders of why you are muted in the first place will help me become a better person and someone who follows the rules. I can tell you why I have been muted so many times- for being disrespectful countless times after being told to stop and constantly arguing, causing drama, and screaming in caps. Do I want to know why I was muted everytime I log on? NO! I just want to vibe, is that too much to ask???

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Honestly, I think I'm starting to accept my fate... why bother putting in the effort to get unmuted- it's not worth the fight.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Remembering is the last thing I need to do, and I thought I was supposed to move but remembering what happened and why I am muted in the first place just brings it all back. If I'm permanently muted for the rest of my days, so be it. I want to be able to choose how I live out my day and I don't wanna be getting constant reminders of "hey, this is just yet another reminder that you hecking failed to follow the rules for so and so." Key word- FAILED!
And you know what, maybe I did fail. But doesn't that just mean that I have to try, try again? My points still stand!! I don't believe that having constant reminders of why you are muted in the first place will help me become a better person and someone who follows the rules. I can tell you why I have been muted so many times- for being disrespectful countless times after being told to stop and constantly arguing, causing drama, and screaming in caps. Do I want to know why I was muted everytime I log on? NO! I just want to vibe, is that too much to ask???
My point is its not just there for you, but for others. If its a huge issue there are clients and mods which will allow you to get rid of the message.