Removing Ancient Chest/Party level chat messages.

Should these messages be disabled?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

cult

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gaycult
gaycult
ELITE
Ratings
54 1
So as we all know, players can be muted for chat spam which definitely makes sense, but if that rule is in place they should also remove Ancient Chest and party level messages. They are essentially the same thing as chat spam as people often open Ancient Chests and level in very large quantities which causes a huge chat flood :( Since this is the same thing as chat flood if not worse since there is little to no cooldown, I don't see why these aren't disabled. For those who want to say "But people pay for ancient chests" remember they are only $1 and more expensive chests like seasonal and legendary should still have chat announcements since they usually aren't bought in 64+ quantities. Opinions?

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I do agree that when people open ancient chests in bulk (not just the monthly crates but when they buy stacks of them at a time) it floods chat for a good 2-3 minutes. Maybe it only says something in chat if you get an uncommon/rare item from the ancient chest (similar to how only rare drops show in chat from party bomb loot crates). I also agree that chests like the legendary and perk chests should still show in chat, since people tend to only open 5-10 at once.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Idea, what if you could stack open crates? Shift click to open all keys in hand, and have chat say like "player opened 64x magic crates"

They were supposed to work on a max level up option, but clearly they arent. Maybe one day they will do that.

BabyBlue

Ratings
13 3
I do agree very much as well the chat flood by this messages in annoying and disturbing me as well

+1