Removing P2W from Factions

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
I thought to comply with EULA, all gamemodes must have the pay-to-win aspect removed. Survival is also very pay-to-win so doesn't that mean that you're still going against EULA?

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
cool to see.

Scar

ELITE
paddy8476937
paddy8476937
ELITE
Ratings
25 2
That sounds great no P2W anymore

Tonight we will be removing all store black market packages & ancient/legendary/perk keys from the webstore for Factions, to remove the "Pay2Win" from the gamemode. All of these packages/perks are now instead available through Kilton's Soul Shop in-game.

I have also lowered all the soul prices in Kilton's shop and made the Elite Crate cosmetic only.

There are 2 main reasons behind this decision
  1. To comply with Mojang's updated EULA agreement for servers
    The updated EULA for servers is more lenient. All of our gamemodes are compliant except Factions, due to it's competitive nature & payouts.
  2. Attract new players who are seeking a no p2w established factions server
    100+ player faction servers with no p2w is extremely rare, and we hope this change will attract many new players each season.

Will payouts stay the same?
Yes, we will still continue doing paypal payouts at the current amounts or more.

How will the server be funded?
Factions itself won't make enough revenue to cover it's costs of hosting/payouts/developers/management/etc. Luckily we have many other profitable gamemodes that new players can spill into to make up for this.

Will I lose any of the items I bought this season?
No

I hope everyone is understanding of this change. It is good for the continued longevity and growth of ManaCube
Many other servers can still make profit for the server without having P2W implied into them, just think about the massively popular minigame servers that can stay up for years and years just selling cosmetics and QOL perks, buying straight up IGS and chunk hoppers is P2W there is nothing stopping anyway from going on the store and just buying tons and tons of mana and just being ahead of everyone who has worked weeks longer then I have.

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
Ah man, I was ready to take out a mortgage.

cult

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gaycult
gaycult
ELITE
Ratings
54 1
is entityprotect on survival fixed ;-;

Dadcon

Forum Expert
Ratings
133 49
Tonight we will be removing all store black market packages & ancient/legendary/perk keys from the webstore for Factions, to remove the "Pay2Win" from the gamemode. All of these packages/perks are now instead available through Kilton's Soul Shop in-game.

I have also lowered all the soul prices in Kilton's shop and made the Elite Crate cosmetic only.

There are 2 main reasons behind this decision
  1. To comply with Mojang's updated EULA agreement for servers
    The updated EULA for servers is more lenient. All of our gamemodes are compliant except Factions, due to it's competitive nature & payouts.
  2. Attract new players who are seeking a no p2w established factions server
    100+ player faction servers with no p2w is extremely rare, and we hope this change will attract many new players each season.

Will payouts stay the same?
Yes, we will still continue doing paypal payouts at the current amounts or more.

How will the server be funded?
Factions itself won't make enough revenue to cover it's costs of hosting/payouts/developers/management/etc. Luckily we have many other profitable gamemodes that new players can spill into to make up for this.

Will I lose any of the items I bought this season?
No

I hope everyone is understanding of this change. It is good for the continued longevity and growth of ManaCube
HAHAHHA, thats what i thought

Ratings
AYE NO P2W NOW i might play again LOLLL
No play to win no money. no money no server. I don’t know what you guys are talking about this server is not pay to win.
You don’t have pay to win given the fact that if this server was 100% not pay to win there are always people with money paying other to do work for them. Ex. I pay 20-30 people 2 cubits ”dollars on paypal” to do work on my island. This example has nothing to do with this server, but as a community. If anything it is selfish people wanting to get free money not having to pay this server. If those people had there way this server would not exist anymore.