Rejected RIP - Map submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! Although this map is pretty neat, I have some tips.

First of all, the parkour feels a little repetitive and boring, something that could be fixed pretty easily by diversifying the blocks/jump types you use in your parkour, aside from ladders, fences, normal block jumps, and iron bars.

Ratings
5 2
Hey! Although this map is pretty neat, I have some tips.

First of all, the parkour feels a little repetitive and boring, something that could be fixed pretty easily by diversifying the blocks/jump types you use in your parkour, aside from ladders, fences, normal block jumps, and iron bars.
could you elaborate? cause i get told that every time no matter how many extra jumps i add..

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
It's not about adding more jumps: its about changing up the types of jumps you already have. for example, you could make more flower pot, enchanting table, cactus, chest jumps (etc).

Ratings
5 2
It's not about adding more jumps: its about changing up the types of jumps you already have. for example, you could make more flower pot, enchanting table, cactus, chest jumps (etc).
A: *facepalm* and B: why do i need to add all kinds of weird stuff like enchanting tables, chests and flowerpots to make a "good" parkour map? there are plenty of normal courses (as in not weird) that are accepted like one i played that was just normal parkour with solid blocks of different colour lol.

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
A: *facepalm* and B: why do i need to add all kinds of weird stuff like enchanting tables, chests and flowerpots to make a "good" parkour map? there are plenty of normal courses (as in not weird) that are accepted like one i played that was just normal parkour with solid blocks of different colour lol.
Those maps are made like 3-4 years ago, now the judges would not accept a parkour if it doesn't have fun and varied parkour, also the build looks like 3D pixel art, which is not accepted anymore.:)

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
I agree with pris. all of the early maps in any category were made before there were map standards, and like I said, without these more interesting and complex jumps your pk feels boring and doesn't flow well.

Ratings
5 2
I agree with pris. all of the early maps in any category were made before there were map standards, and like I said, without these more interesting and complex jumps your pk feels boring and doesn't flow well.
could you give me advice instead of just telling me that it isnt good enough. like what kind of jumps (that im not using) should i add?

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
I gave you some examples (flower pots, enchantment tables, chests, cacti, etc).

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Use blocks of different shapes and sizes like brewing stand, fences, trapdoors, piston heads and bases, etc. Also make some jumps that make the player curve around something rather than making jumps that go from one block straight to another.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, Charlizarder

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
Theme: We've already got some zombie type parkour map themes and pixel art type map submissions that look quite similar to what you designed, your design seems pretty out of date and unfortunately pixel art-type map submissions aren't really that popular/acknowledged anymore.

Build: For your build design it's pretty basic, you did a bit of detail and I can see you spent some time on it but unfortunately your build is still quite bland/unattractive from my perspective.

Parkour: Your parkour is extremely repetitive and you only used a handful of blocks to make your parkour, I don't see any unique looking jumps that would compliment your map submission.
Thanks for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.