Map Name: Rocket Trails
Pictures:
Plot ID: -112; -70
Warp: /plot visit dynohugz
or: /plot visit dynohugz 1
Difficulty: Insane
Jumps: 104
Checkpoints: 5

Extra: This is my first submission, I hope you like it. All the jumps are possible and I tried to include original jumps eg hhdouble neo to snow and a slime jump to the side of a stair etc. I even wrote a rap at the end as a reward for people who manage to complete it hahaha.
2020-10-14_01.07.05.png
2020-10-14_01.07.15.png
2020-10-14_01.07.24.png
2020-10-14_01.07.34.png
2020-10-14_01.07.42.png
2020-10-14_01.07.59.png
2020-10-14_01.08.17.png

Ratings
My review:

I think that the jumps are very very repetitive and not very original, there is also very little creativity in design as all the jumps are just floating around in the void.
There are tons of single glass panes which looks nice in 1.8.9 but really ruin the little design the course already has in 1.9+
The glass pane tower is not needed and is way too hard and long - not fun gameplay

dynohugz

VIP
dynohugz
dynohugz
VIP
Ratings
16 1
My review:

I think that the jumps are very very repetitive and not very original, there is also very little creativity in design as all the jumps are just floating around in the void.
There are tons of single glass panes which looks nice in 1.8.9 but really ruin the little design the course already has in 1.9+
The glass pane tower is not needed and is way too hard and long - not fun gameplay
Yeah, to be honest I agree with most of what you're saying, I just made a map for the culture haha but I might properly give it another go and make an actual build this time :)

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! As awesome as it is that you're submitting a map, I would encourage you to read this post to get a better idea of what to shoot for in a parkour map, since as of right now this does not match many of the requirements (build, theme, etc).

Have a great day!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello dynohugz,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is not really original, there are other rocket/space themed maps already on ManaCube. However, there aren't really any rockets that the jumps (which I would presume to be the trails) are coming from. The map is pretty much just a bunch of floating jumps. In the future, make a main structure in which the parkour is placed on, around, or inside of.

The parkour somewhat fits the insane difficulty, but is not mixed or varied much at all, with most of the jumps being comprised of normal blocks. While you did use some fences and walls, pane towers, etc., all of these jumps would come right in a row. I would recommend looking at recently accepted maps at /warp beta on the server, or in the Accepted Maps subforum. I would also recommend reading our Mapmaking Wiki guides as well as the Map Requirements thread to gain a better understanding of our requirements and what current standards look like!

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or preferably on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.