Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
I will give this map a 0 right now.
Good theme but could be executed better.
I feel like it doesnt look alot like a rollercoaster because of how thin it is, but the overall build is pretty good.
The parkour is enough varied in my opinion, a few jumps may be too hard for medium though.
I also think barriers is an huge flaw in the map considering they are everywhere. There is barely any indication of the barrier placement so you will most of the time get pretty confused and jump into them.
Good luck!

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
I'd agree with Presidenten on this one, some of the jumps are definitely too hard for a medium map (some of the ladder jumps, such as on the supports of the roller coaster). The theme is original enough, but the execution isn't as good as it could be. Add more supports, change up how the roller coaster is, maybe add a few loops, and that could be really nice to see. Also, as Presidenten said, I jumped into almost every barrier block that there was on the map, and although you did mark them, making that a little more clear could be helpful. For now, its a -0.25 from me, and if you fix these things, I'd happily change my vote.

Best,
WingsOfFyre

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello,

Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map. The build is good and the theme is fairly original as we don't have any 'RollerCoater' themed maps yet, but, most of my concern is the parkour. There’s not much variation in the jumps as it’s mostly ladders, I also found the map pretty confusing at most times while also being pretty messy with barriers, there was also a few impossible jumps throughout the map.

Here’s what you can do to prevent these in the future!
When building parkour, you need to add variation into the jumps, this can be done with heads, fences, brewing stands, etc! Don’t just stick to a few blocks.
Also, when going through your map, make sure to add any signs or heads indicating on where to go, as it may get pretty confusing at times, also please use signs or item frames to indicate barriers that may be blocking a path in the course!
And finally, to prevent impossible jumps from happening, make sure to go through your map with speed 1 after you’re done with the parkour to make sure it fits what you’re going for or are able to prevent impossible jumps from happening!

If you could make these changes, I would be happy to accept this map in a resubmission!

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit this map. And I’d love to see more from you!

Luci :)

Status
Not open for further replies.