Rejected Salsa Valentina - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
  1. ign: _fleto_
  2. map name: salsa valentina (also could be just hot sauce)
  3. images: (cant upload more than 10)
  4. reference image:
vtina.PNG
note: the reference makes the bottle look taller and more stretched out than it is irl

5. warp: /plot h _fleto_ 1
6. diff: im thinking expert, but let me know if you need me to change/add

notes: if theres any specific parts that need changing, let me know. also, here's some evidence that some of the trickier jumps are actually possible:

tysm and have a great day :)

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hello there
I have some concerns with the gameplay. TO begin, for an expert map, the jumps are way to difficult, especially the double winged neo (at least give a good setup :mad: )
Also, this jump below is way too hard for an expert map. In don't think the average player will even know the correct technique
2020-08-06_13.27.33.png

Also, you should fix this jump as it's impossible on 1.8
2020-08-06_13.28.03.png

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
alright, fixing that all right now. Ill make the winged neo a normal double neo, maybe with a playerhead or something to make it a little tougher, ill fix the tricky glass pane jump, and switch out that impossible jump. I was having a tough time doing that one, and now I know why. Thanks a million for the feedback, and for any mod seeing this, the changes should be made very soon!

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
other than general difficulty and these 3 jumps, do you have any feedback on the build/pk in general that might help me get it accepted?

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
also the diff is on par with some of the more difficult expert maps i took a look at, but if you could pls lmk particular jumps that you think dont match the expert category :)

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Also, if anyone wants to leave feedback, pls use this template cause it makes it a lot easier for me to do version control lol

=========================================================================================

Build Tips:

Parkour Tips:

All in all, here are the things I would fix:
  • Work on the build
    • Bullet points
    • for exact things
  • Work on the parkour
    • Bullet points
    • for exact things

=========================================================================================

Ratings
Ideas for the Build/style
  • Try to add a logo/brand on the front of the bottle
  • Maybe add hot sauce dripping down the side of the bottle. This could even be the final stage of the parkour after exiting the bottle, rather than having a singular ladder jump to reach the top
  • Instead of having spots of lava at the bottom, you could make the bottom of the bottle lower and fill the bottom with lava so it looks like its still got a decent amount left inside
  • You could add some background stuff for flair, like a plate with chicken wings and hot sauce or a glass of water
Work on the Parkour
  • I agree with zzykrkv in that the jumps are much more difficult than those on expert maps. Although on the shorter side, it would be much more appropriately rated as an insane map.
  • Because of the difficulty of some jumps, you might want to add a few more checkpoints. There were a few times when there would be a run of difficult jumps, then an insane jump, then another run of difficult jumps with no checkpoints to break it up.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
alright, thank you so much! i'll add some cps, work on the aesthetics, and make the difficulty of the jumps more consistent and a little easier.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello _fleto_,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, since we don't have a Salsa Valentina bottle themed map yet, so good job! However, the build is very plain. It looks like it could be any generic bottle, because there's a lack of the logo. The shape of the bottle also doesn't feel quite right. There's no real neck of the bottle in the build, but there seems to be one in the reference picture. If you're going to go for a very specific brand's bottle, do your best to add a logo, and other key features and really nail the shape!

The parkour is, as stated above, way too difficult for an expert map, and some jumps are too difficult for an insane. There are also parts not possible in 1.8.9, and many jumps have improper setups (as shown above by zzyk). I also felt like for such a massive build, the parkour hugged the walls so much and left a severe amount of empty space in the middle. Honestly, I think you could downsize the build a bit, or break up the interior of the bottle into rooms so the interior looks less empty. I also felt the parkour ultimately wasn't varied that much, with the majority of the jumps being comprised of heads, fences, normal blocks, and panes. In addition, while many players have /nv to see inside dark places, there are also a lot more players who do not have this ability. Please make sure your build is well lit throughout so players can see where they are going effectively!

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.