Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Ok on this map I just have a few comments.
Theme - 4/5, This theme is very original, and I have not seen anything like this before. The build is pretty good, and it basically looks like what popped up when I googled SCP-173
Difficulty - 2/5, The difficulty of this map mostly matches the insane category, but some jumps feel kinda unnecessary. For example, the 5 triple neos in a row is probably overkill and really really hard for most players.
Parkour - 1/5, The parkour mostly consists of different kind of really hard jumps repeated over and over again, making some jumps next to impossible. Also, the block palate really only consists of a few different types of blocks, and the parkour gets really repetitive and aggravating due to hard jumps being repeated.

EDIT: Ok I just realized that there are like 15 triple neos in a row. Really? Also, there is a jump that is only possible in certain versions. Or at least I'm pretty sure. Additionally, is this type of jump possible? (_ is a bock, - is one block of space, | is a wall (neo)) _-|||-_.
I'm not a mapper or moderator, but I do have a lot of hours on parkour and these are just my opinions.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Power991,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have no SCP or SCP-173 themed maps currently on our server, this is most definitely an originally themed submission. Good job on coming up with something new!
  • Build: I really don't like the build. The SCP-173 build, which is supposed to be the central build of the map, isn't even the focus of the map due to how the parkour is just floating around it. It's also very poorly built. It's in dire need of better shaping and detailing, it looks incredibly offputting (even if the actual SCP-173 is supposed to somewhat look like that). You just kinda made it wider on the front and back without adding any dimensionality to it. Your other problem is that you barely use the build for the parkour. The parkour completely surrounds the build, it's not integrated into it at all. This floating parkour greatly hinders the attractiveness of the build. You have to make a central build that's attractive and integrate your parkour into it if you want to have an acceptable map.
  • Parkour: The parkour was definitely long enough and hard enough for the insane difficulty, although there were a couple of jumps at the beginning that was overly easy. The main problem with your map is the lack of variety in the jumps you use. For example, you used neo's so so much, even going as far as to place 12 neo's consecutively. This isn't fun to do, it's just annoying. You would constantly repeat other jumps as well. Neo's aren't the only hard jumps possible, you have a variety of jumps/blocks you can utilize to make your parkour both HARD and FUN.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.