Season 2 P2W

Ratings
My friend and I have been reading the season 2 rules and speculations on everything that will be happening, and at first it sounded like a great idea, but the more you look into it the more pay to win it gets. Having a spawner limit per plot is absurd, all that does it make people have to pay money (buy ranks) to be able to get a higher spawner limit on the plot. If someone wants to grind out prison and get an amazing spawner system going, they shouldn't have to donate, it will be a good way to get new people and hey if they like the server they will donate. Don't make it where you have to donate to do good because that will just turn new players away. Not to mention that people in game have been saying that they are going to quit becuase of how P2W season 2 will be. Hope that the creators of season 2 see this post and make a change before the fan base of the server takes a big hit.

if

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I believe the spawner limit is non-negotiable and is the same for everyone. Donor or not, the limit per plot will be 500. This is both to encourage mining as the main source of income, and to cause less server lag. Olympus has never really been “P2W” at least that’s my opinion of it.

For example; while donors get VIP mine, they still have to be a certain rank to use it (Hero).

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Hi!

As Hallow said, I don't see anywhere where it says other ranks can buy more spawners?

Having multiple spawners kinda defeated the object of 'Prisons', people have been able to gain 10s some even 100s of rebirths mainly just through afking near spawners, the object of prisons is to mine to work your way up to some sort of 'free' system where they are essentially 'out of prison/jail', being able to use spawners with no limitations not only lagged the server but also completely defeated the object of mining your way out of prison. I would have thought that having to mine to get 'free' is almost a simulation to be a 'slave' in a prison maybe and the only way you can get yourself out is by mining and having dedication. I hope this clears it up for you!

Have a great day / night! ~Self

Ratings
Having multiple plots and merging them together increases your max spawner limit, and when you donate you get the option to have more plots which in return increases your spawner limit on your plot.

Ratings
spawner.PNG

This picture is the evidence straight from the site. If you have MVP+ and have 6 plots available you can have a total of 60 stacks once merged all together, someone who doesn't have a donor rank can only have 10 stacks with their 1 available plot. Thus making it where once you pay money you can become more efficient, thus making it pay to win

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Yes, but you will can only grind to actually gain things like heads, you can't have anything automatic to gain heads, because heads only drop when killed with a weapon, as for money, there's not much we can do about that. And of course things like MobAura and Autoclicker are not allowed, so you wouldn't be able to automatically grind in that way.

Have a great day! ~Self

Ratings
Yes, but you will can only grind to actually gain things like heads, you can't have anything automatic to gain heads, because heads only drop when killed with a weapon, as for money, there's not much we can do about that. And of course things like MobAura and Autoclicker are not allowed, so you wouldn't be able to automatically grind in that way.

Have a great day! ~Self
But using grinders for pork is the best way to make money? Which is obviously automatic?

Ratings
Here, I was actually going to make a post about this as well, but I guess I can just paste it here. Maybe it'll be a bit more easy to understand, cause I feel like we're kinda debating different points here.

---

So for starters, we have the spawner limit. The only way to make the best grinders (3k) now is to claim 6 plots. The only way to claim 6 plots is to buy MVP+ ($125). Now you could use alt accounts to claim the plots, but I'm now hearing that that is not allowed. If alt claiming isn't allowed, then the only way to make a 3k grinder is to pay $125 (Maybe $75 with a sale) out of pocket. That is absurd.

Alongside that, we have the challenge in this final week; whoever can break the most blocks gets a $25 starter pack. It is literally impossible for people without a blast pick to get even remotely close to winning this. Now I could be wrong here, but it seems like the only way to get a blast pick was by purchasing keys at certain points in time. So once again, people who have paid, win.

If I'm wrong about any of this, please correct me. I don't want this server to become pay2win. It just seems to be heading in that direction from what I've seen so far.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
But using grinders for pork is the best way to make money? Which is obviously automatic?
In this season, yes. We have no idea what the sell prices will be like in Season 2. Grinders will likely be less reliable, and won’t generate as much income, this is why the limit was added.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Grinders aren’t supposed to be the main source of income, and that is the entire point of this new update. In the current season, grinders were way too OP, and people are far too used to it. We should be grateful to even have spawners and grinders in the first place, because it is a Prison server, not a grinder server. It’s not making the server “P2W” it’s trying to encourage the fact that grinders won’t be as reliable.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83
^ Auto Grinders can still be a way to make money, but the focus has been changed to killing mobs for their heads (which can't be done through an auto grinder)

If having 3 extra plots is the main P2W complaint, then I think the server is pretty fair. We need to give donators respectable perks

This update actually removes a lot of P2W stuff from S1, like now allowing anyone to buy the Trench (Blast) enchantment after completing Hephaestus rebirth for example.

Ratings
Look first off I'm not trying to argue and make everyone mad. I'm just trying to make people aware that this could be a upcoming issue based off of feedback in game chat. If afk spawners won't be the main way to make money then I think that is great, but I also think that MVP+ shouldn't get 6 plots as said in the rank preview, 4 max (1 extra plot per rank) would be acceptable, but that still gives a pretty good edge over non donors. However, I also understand and agree with the fact that donors should be rewarded with good stuff, but not to where it gives a unfathomable advantage over non donors. I only know what is coming in season 2 from what has been released, so who knows it may not be as pay2win as it sounds (I hope not anyways). I also could be misinterpreting the leaks of season 2's settings/rules.

Once again, I am not trying to start fights and argue, I am just wanting it to be a well aware problem that could become a reality, if people who say they are going to quit prison IG actually fall through with it.

Hope to see everyone in season 2!

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Look first off I'm not trying to argue and make everyone mad. I'm just trying to make people aware that this could be a upcoming issue based off of feedback in game chat. If afk spawners won't be the main way to make money then I think that is great, but I also think that MVP+ shouldn't get 6 plots as said in the rank preview, 4 max (1 extra plot per rank) would be acceptable, but that still gives a pretty good edge over non donors. However, I also understand and agree with the fact that donors should be rewarded with good stuff, but not to where it gives a unfathomable advantage over non donors. I only know what is coming in season 2 from what has been released, so who knows it may not be as pay2win as it sounds (I hope not anyways). I also could be misinterpreting the leaks of season 2's settings/rules.

Once again, I am not trying to start fights and argue, I am just wanting it to be a well aware problem that could become a reality, if people who say they are going to quit prison IG actually fall through with it.

Hope to see everyone in season 2!
We understand not everyone is happy with all of the changes in season 2, but that’s alright we can’t please everyone. However, MVP+ have access to six plots in this current season, and grinders are more useful now than they will be in season 2, so I don’t see how keeping this perk for MVP+ is “pay to win”.

Like Dacon said, if anything it removes the P2W aspects in season 1.

Ratings
We understand not everyone is happy with all of the changes in season 2, but that’s alright we can’t please everyone. However, MVP+ have access to six plots in this current season, and grinders are more useful now than they will be in season 2, so I don’t see how keeping this perk for MVP+ is “pay to win”.

Like Dacon said, if anything it removes the P2W aspects in season 1.
MVP+ will have access to 2500 more spawners than a person who hasn't donated. Regardless if spawners are a key way to make money or not that is a ton of spawners.

Ratings
^ Auto Grinders can still be a way to make money, but the focus has been changed to killing mobs for their heads (which can't be done through an auto grinder)

If having 3 extra plots is the main P2W complaint, then I think the server is pretty fair. We need to give donators respectable perks

This update actually removes a lot of P2W stuff from S1, like now allowing anyone to buy the Trench (Blast) enchantment after completing Hephaestus rebirth for example.
Ohh, I guess I was under the impression that killing for heads was something entirely different, and grinders would still be the go-to way to make money. I can get down with that as long as there aren't any ways to automatically get the heads. Makes me curious if cactus will be better than pork now.
I mean, more plots do mean more spawners, which means more money, but it won't be near as bad as I thought if auto grinders are no longer really efficient.
Anyways, thanks for responding and clearing the air. I'm excited to see the changes put into action.

Also, I tried to claim the Discord #0001. I now know who has it lol.

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
MVP+ will have access to 2500 more spawners than a person who hasn't donated. Regardless if spawners are a key way to make money or not that is a ton of spawners.
Yes, I agree it is a lot of spawners, but they won’t be as useful. We don’t know the sell prices yet for pork, so we can’t officially judge whether or not it’s P2W.

However! What we do know is that 2500 in the next season won’t be equal to 2500 spawners in this season, so we can’t make a judgement based on that, as we haven’t experienced it yet, and there are no leaks to the sell price of pork. But what I’m trying to explain, is that MVP+ has access to 6 plots currently, which is far more P2W considering grinders are the main income source for a lot of people, and the sell price for pork is quite a lot.

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Hey,

Please remember that as Dacon said grinders will be the most effective form next season, meaning no one can really kill more or kill less mobs, you can still use AFK farms but they won't be as useful as Grinders, so yes they can have more spawners, but if they want to upgrade anything, they need to grind instead.

el_penguino3

MVP+
el_penguino3
el_penguino3
MVP+
Ratings
If anyone can buy Trench through the Hephaestus rebirth, and Trench = Blast:
Could Blast be carried over on our pickaxes, but only get unlocked/enabled once we complete the Hephaestus rebirth?
Blast II could also be downgraded to Blast I if Trench II is not a thing.

Last edited: