4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I'm making this post because there have been many situations lately with players losing their season vault items (ssvs). Here are some tips to avoid losing these precious items and if they are lost how to have a better chance of getting it replaced.

Most common ways season vault items are lost:

Lost through the season vault:
A lot of players lose their season vault items from taking it in and out of the vault. This is the vault used when carrying ssv items on to the next season. Here's the issue with this: the vault is VERY glitchy. It is not designed to be used on a daily basis, and ssvs should only be stored in there if it's the end of the season and you're trying to but it in the vault for next season. The most common way it glitches is when you have a full inventory and the vault suddenly closes and the ssv will disappear.

The solution to this is don't use the season vault! Keep your ssvs in a chest, or for extra protection in your ender chest or private vaults. These are just as secure as your season vault and it's a lot less glitchy.

Items lost in this way are usually replaced but is not guaranteed.

NOTE: For a lot of these I say they are usually replaced or not replaced. This is because every situation is different a varies. Just because someone lost their item in the same way does not guarantee yours will be replaced and the other way around.

Lost from being dropped on the ground:
Players will sometimes drop their ssvs on the ground, either on accident or to show their item to another player. The server occasionally will clear items on the ground to reduce lag, and if your ssv is on the ground when that happens it will disappear. The best way to keep this from happening on accident is by turning on the antidrop using /antidrop. This way you have to press the drop key twice to drop the item, that way you can't drop it from a misclick. The best way to keep this from happening from giving it to another player is by using /trade . This is a safe way to trade/give players to others without having to worry about it disappearing.

Items lost in this way are usually not replaced as it's considered player error.

Of course there are many other ways ssvs can be lost for a variety of reasons, but these two are the culprit the majority of the time.

So what happens if you do somehow lose your ssv? Here is the best way to ensure the highest chance of getting your item back.

Video Evidence:
I know most people don't constantly record when they're playing, so this probably won't apply to most. However if you record/clip when recording if you lose your ssv save a clip of it happening. Having a recording is very good evidence showing you had the item and what happened to it.

Screenshot:
This is probably the most common and easiest way to have proof of having the item. Take a screenshot of every single ssv you have. I have a folder full of screenshots, some may have more, some may have less. A screenshot of the item should include the name, enchantments on it, and the SSV ID. Below is an example of what a good screenshot of your ssv should look like. https://prnt.sc/10pbpbl A screenshot like this can help the chances of you getting it back in many situations, as it's good proof that you owned the item.

Hopefully this is some good advice for making sure your ssvs don't disappear and to ensure the best chances of getting it back in a ticket if it's lost. Like I mentioned above though this is general information. Every situation is different, and having screenshots, etc doesn't always guarantee your item will be replaced.

Sorry for the long post....................:mc_79-0:

loverpuper101

MVP+
Aquastria
Aquastria
MVP+
Ratings
25 4
nice i think its a good idea to have this for people who are un sure like me sometimes LOL<3 aqua

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
Another tip would be to holy protect all the sva’s you have that can be protected so if you get tp killed, get kicked while in a duel, die in pvp arena etc you won’t need to deal with proofs and tickets

switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
Another tip would be to holy protect all the sva’s you have that can be protected so if you get tp killed, get kicked while in a duel, die in pvp arena etc you won’t need to deal with proofs and tickets
Keep Inventory is on in the wild and you don't lose your items from duels. The only use for Holy Prot is for the PvP Arena :)

switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
Also just so everyone knows (if you care about SSV ID's), if you get an SSV replaced for whatever reason (losing it through vault, item texture/enchants are incorrect or missing, item dissapears [happened to a few players]) the ID gets changed since they give you a new item, instead of giving the same one you had to prevent duping & scamming. :)

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
Keep Inventory is on in the wild and you don't lose your items from duels. The only use for Holy Prot is for the PvP Arena :)
What I was talking about is you sometimes get kicked in a duel and lose to combat log or get tp killed into pvp arena or get dc’d in pvp arena etc so holy white scroll could be useful

xxRHAMERxx

PATRON+
RHAMER
RHAMER
Patron+
Ratings
What a great thread with some A+ tips. Thank you for this 4th. There are many ways to lose items and a lot of it is based on common sense and making some minor tweaks.

One of the best things you can do is RECORD YOUR GAME PLAY! Sometimes video evidence is really the only way on proving your case. I cannot emphasize enough how much recording your gaming sessions can help you and/or others around you.

I personally use OBS for my recording on my Mac. Its pretty simple, has good options and just works.

Happy Gaming!