Second Ever Gordon Art Comp!!

Ara_Olla

Helper | Earth
Helper
Ara_Olla
Ara_Olla
ELITE
Ratings
Hello Earf and Mana friends!! I am so incredibly excited to announce Gordons second ever Artmap Competition!!
We have been hard at work to make this next art comp even bigger and better than the last. There are a few exciting changes from the first competition so make sure you read through until the end.

Pssst.... even if you don’t plan on submitting read until the end there are prizes for voters too..
We also now have an official discord! It will have all of the rules saved and current submissions displayed, to keep up to date with everything art comp message me at Ara #0201 for a server invite.

What You Need To Know:
Theme
: This time around there will be two themes to pick from. You can combine or do one or the other whatever your imagination desires! The themes this time around are Spring and or Nature/Landscapes! Make sure your piece ties into this theme so we can verify it was made in the competition time frame.
Important Changes: All paintings will be displayed anonymously to help discourage any bias when voting, this means naming your painting is much more important now. Artists are heavily encouraged to to submit a book with a description of their painting that will be displayed next to their art. (Use this to sell or explain your idea!)
Submission: The submissions open today! Running from April 10th at the time of announcement and will conclude on April 29th at 12am mst. Voting will be announced on the 28th. When submitting also submit a book stating wether or not your piece is a copy, used a reference, or completely original (this can be in the same book as your description). When displayed with the painting name it will also state wether or not it is a copy or original etc.
For submissions: Go to the little stone castle beside the gallery and drop your pieces into the submission hopper! Or give to one of the main hosts if you see them online (Ara_Olla, Bl4ck_Cr0ss, AlexekielCain5)
To view current submissions: Coming soon- Take the tp pad at the gallery spawn to the display room.
Prizes: The part you’ve been waiting for.. There is 50+ cubits up for grabs, a few svas, fly cookies, cash and netherite. The full break down will be released with the voting rules and announcement. All submissions will receive 10m cash for helping support and make the art comp possible!

If You Don't Have The Perk!
Do not worry! There is an alternative. You are more than welcome to do traditional map art by placing blocks then filling out a blank map to show a picture. It just needs to be able to be able to be displayed in item frames!. Or vote when voting opens for a chance to win in the voter lottery!

Rules for Artists:
- All paintings must be an ArtMap submission.
- Only one piece per artist may be submitted (it may be whatever size you like).
- Your piece must tie into the theme in some form.
- You must disclose if it is a copy, reference, or original using a book.
- You must keep your painting anonymous until voting has concluded.
- All paintings must be appropriate and follow server guidelines.
- If your piece does not meet the requirements it will not be included in the competition.

Voter Lottery! If you are not able to submit do not worry! All you have to do is submit a vote once voting opens and you will automatically be entered into a draw to win up to 100m + 5 cubits. We will be hosting a special event doing the draw in person at the display room the day the art comp winners are announced.

None of this would be possible without all of you amazing people so thank you! A huge shout out goes to our sponsors for the art comp providing prizes out of their own pockets! All sponsors will get a personal shout out with the voting and prize announcement.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to message me at Ara #0201 or leave me /mail Ara_Olla on Earth. The Art Comp discord is also a great resource for all things Art Comp! I cannot wait to see all of your lovely talent again! -Ara <3

Last edited:

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
hooray!

is it possible that i could use a 512x512 block grid on the real earth map and making pixel art with it instead of using artmap would be allowed?

in other words, im too poor to afford art map can i still submit

Ara_Olla

Helper | Earth
Helper
Ara_Olla
Ara_Olla
ELITE
Ratings
hooray!

is it possible that i could use a 512x512 block grid on the real earth map and making pixel art with it instead of using artmap would be allowed?

in other words, im too poor to afford art map can i still submit
Yes you can! Looking forward to seeing your submission C:

Catcheee

ELITE
Catcheee
Catcheee
ELITE
Ratings
9 1
niceeeee!!!!!! so excited! would be nice if i could build!

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
its rigged don't join

Catcheee

ELITE
Catcheee