Sell Boosters. What works and what doesn't. A scientific testing.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Welcome to Part 2 of SSM's Olympus bug, glitch, and exploit testing!
Last season, I had suspicions that the sell boosters were broken, but never got around to doing testing. I knew there were a bunch of textual errors, but I assumed that those would be settled during the reset. Unfortunately, there are issues with boosters and sell multipliers given by ranks.

Background info:
MVP and up are to receive a "1.15x sell multiplier"
ELITE is to receive a "10% permanent sell booster"
After completing Hermes Money Challenge rebirth, reward with an additional 10% money booster (not tested in this experiment)
Olympus webstore Blackmarket sell multiplier says "This multiplier STACKS with any current multipliers attached to your character"
1615947258324.png
1615950125139.png
1615947319600.png
1615947353621.png

Experimental process:
Non-ranked tests were done on 6HugSSM.
MVP tests were done on HettaHerz.
ELITE tests were done on SSM_GOD.
Each test sold 2240 blocks (pick + full inv) of cobble.
For the auto sell tests, inventory was filled with cobble and 1 single block was broken in a mine to activate the auto sell.
The expected values were calculated starting with the base price and multiplying by the combined rank and booster multiplier. [base price * (multi + booster)]

Data:
Actual
1615946633678.png

Expected
1615948331230.png

MVP = base price * 1.15 (as expected when done with auto sell)
ELITE = base price * (1.15 + 0.1) (not as expected)
booster price = base price * 1.5 (as expected when done with auto sell)
MVP + booster = base price * (1.15 + 0.5) (not as expected)
ELITE + booster = base price * (1.15 + 0.5 + 0.1) (not as expected)

Conclusion:
The sell boosters DO NOT at all work when you do /sell
Elite DOES NOT receive 10% sell booster as advertised
The booster DOES NOT stack with current multipliers but instead sets your multiplier to 1.5
MVP - ELITE receive 10% sell booster when /sell

With these multipliers being broken, I would not be surprised if the Hermes money rebirth follows the same trend and doesn't work as well. (if someone with this rebirth completed would like to help me test and collect data on it this, that would be neat)
The webstore should not say that the booster stacks with any current multiplier if it doesn't. I'm not a lawyer, but this seems like it's wrong.
I understand why boosters may not work when using /sell, but that's not fair for when non-ranked players that don't have auto sell use a sell booster.
I have never seen a prison server that doesn't stack the sell multipliers. Especially with this season being much more focused on mining, I can't see any reason at all for them to not.
I haven't tested this, but last season you were able to redeem multiple sell boosters at once but you would only receive the benefits from one. If this is still the case, you should not be able to redeem another booster while one is already activated.

Closing statement:
The sell booster, sell multiplier, shop booster, shop multiplier system should be redone. It is way too complex and has many textual issues and/or false advertisements. If I was to make the multiplier system, I'd make it so it functions as; base sell value * (MVP multiplier + Elite multiplier + rebirth multiplier + booster)
This would make it so a non-ranked player would have a maximum booster of 1.6x and an ELITE would have a maximum of 1.85x. I do not think that +0.25x is big enough to be a factor of pay to win, and if you know me, I'm HUGE into removing pay to win. +0.25x is so small that the difference in mining patterns, between players, has a larger effect.

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
could an olympus staff member please explain why all of this is like this? and if its been reported? and if its being worked on?

and also, could you please explain what this update did? all the ways to sell result in the same profit as it did before the update.
1616454300506.png

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
As requested by SimplyLowry, I've tested selling 1 emerald on different accounts to test the 10% elite sell booster. Here are the results.
555 on vip and nondonor alt
610.5 on mvp and elite

elite does not receive its extra 10% booster as advertised

Lowry also mentioned that I forgot to say these tests were done on Atlas. Thank you for your help!

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
Hey,

Thank you for testing this out for us. I will pass on this information and wait for a response from higher ups about this situation!

Please have patience as we look into this,
Ranged

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
A new study finds that Elites do not receive the 10% sell booster for mob drops in /shop but do for crops in /shop.
Use this information as you may.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Hello, it's been 22 days with no comments from employees and staff, and 31 days since this was created.
Please provide and update.
Nobody cares if you tell us you made a mistake and messed up the rank perks and sell multis. Just tell us how you're going to acknowledge it and fix it.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
figured I'd add this information here,
multiple sell boosters can be used at once without working. this should not happen as these are rare valuables and could be bough with irl money since they're available on the sore. there is still no notice that it only works with autosell. all the people who use spend money on boosters when new waste their money.

this is not acceptable!!!

case scenario:
new player joins
server seems cool
they buy a bunch of stuff from store including ancient crates
they get 4 boosters
they use 2 boosters and notice no affect

would be terrible if that happened right? well it did!
1618629673042.png