Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya @Mr_Munchie_Jr!
I am not a map judge, I am just giving my insight into the map itself and the parkour surrounding it.
I absolutely love your map! The aesthetics are insane and the build is superb!! The only problem I have with the entire map is that the difficulty is a little inconsistent on a few jumps. Other than the inconsistent jumps, all the blocks are varied for parkour and the parkour isn't very repetitive, it was fun to jump through and challenging at the same time; good job on that!

The theme itself is original, as I don't believe there are any TF2 sentries on Manacube, so all is good here!

Overall, it's a +0.5 from me, I'm not giving it a full +1 as some of the jumps are hard, if you want to make harder jumps, put a checkpoint before it to ensure people aren't pulling out their hair haha. A few more checkpoints could do as well, but that's a personal preference. I've attached some images of skips and also some navigation issues, as some jumps I had to look around where to go before I jumped, a simple sign would be useful!

The map difficulty is expert, with a few jumps being very hard (but somewhat close to checkpoints) so not really an issue there.
I wish you all the best and I hope you consider my points,
Cheers,
Jashhy

Attachments

gingerdave01

PATRON
BritishBrew
BritishBrew
ELITE
Ratings
Heya @Mr_Munchie_Jr!
I am not a map judge, I am just giving my insight into the map itself and the parkour surrounding it.
I absolutely love your map! The aesthetics are insane and the build is superb!! The only problem I have with the entire map is that the difficulty is a little inconsistent on a few jumps. Other than the inconsistent jumps, all the blocks are varied for parkour and the parkour isn't very repetitive, it was fun to jump through and challenging at the same time; good job on that!

The theme itself is original, as I don't believe there are any TF2 sentries on Manacube, so all is good here!

Overall, it's a +0.5 from me, I'm not giving it a full +1 as some of the jumps are hard, if you want to make harder jumps, put a checkpoint before it to ensure people aren't pulling out their hair haha. A few more checkpoints could do as well, but that's a personal preference. I've attached some images of skips and also some navigation issues, as some jumps I had to look around where to go before I jumped, a simple sign would be useful!

The map difficulty is expert, with a few jumps being very hard (but somewhat close to checkpoints) so not really an issue there.
I wish you all the best and I hope you consider my points,
Cheers,
Jashhy
Thanks for the insight im awful at parkour so just built the structurs but ill tell Mr_Munchie_Jr this insight if he hasnt seen it.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Mr_Munchie_Jr and gingerdave01,

I will be putting this map into Ongoing. This means that your map has undergone a review by a primary map judge and is ready to be discussed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process, as it can take a few days for us to reach a final decision about your map.

If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to message me on Discord.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25

Your map will now be in reviewing; this means it is neither accepted or rejected just yet.
The theme is original, well done!
The build is accurate to what you were going for, with a great amount of detail to be seen throughout. It is attractive to look at, and the amount of effort that went into this is apparent.
The parkour is why this is entering the reviewing stage. The biggest issue is checkpoint placement, or lack thereof. There aren't enough, and this makes the map harder than it should be (even with fail-safe areas.) It also felt a bit repetitive with ladders and regular climbing, so try to add some additional variety throughout your map! You have until one month from today (January 27th, 2021) to make these changes; otherwise, your map will be automatically rejected. As this is closed from public responses, you will have to message me either here on the forums, on discord (Krissy#0008,) or send me a /mail or /msg in game!

Have a nice day,
Kristina

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25

Thank you for making the requested changes; I am now happy to officially accept this map!

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.