server?

nple

QA Team
nple
nple
Patron+
Ratings
72 8
i guess it’s just me but i ain’t gonna cap but the server do be slowing down, there is a significant difference between the player base now than before the merge. NOT blaming the players nor the staff :/ but clearly something do be going wrong than expected

please try to prove me wrong i’m bored

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
i guess it’s just me but i ain’t gonna cap but the server do be slowing down, there is a significant difference between the player base now than before the merge. NOT blaming the players nor the staff :/ but clearly something do be going wrong than expected

please try to prove me wrong i’m bored
yeah after the merge player base did drop. but that isn't really the main reason imo, each month since the release of the new season [specifically survival for me], player base is rapidly dropping. from what ive seen from people who have quit, the main reasons are bugs, and just the fact that the newer season is noticeably more boring and lacking than last season. Infinity chests are on timers, chunk hoppers on timers, and autocrafters on timers, something that significantly boosted the need to p2w [which is even more worse since /cow is AWFUL and /ad doesn't even work outside of the US] so grinding cubits is near impossible unless you just want to VPN and watch ads all day just to get stuff needed for ONLY 30 days. Isles is pretty lackluster, very good concept, but the rewards for grinding it is not worth it at all. Bosses are kind of the same way, some of the drops are pretty cool, but again they won't offer much long term value. Just a lot of what was good about last season was changed this season, and the issues from last season are more or less present this season (mainly bugs not being fixed/not being fixed in a timely manner)
August
1637296152199.png

September
1637296193330.png

October
1637296220062.png

and it's only getting worse this month. Hopefully it's addressed and they fix all the issues (whether its bug related issues, feature related, or gameplay related)

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
statistically, abnormal player count decline can be disproven.
in aug 2020 (last year during pandemic lockdown) https://manacube.com/threads/august-2020.60056/
max was 3108 players
in sep 2020 (last year during pandemic lockdown) https://manacube.com/threads/september-2020.61118/
max was 3094 players
in october 2020 (last year during pandemic lockdown) https://manacube.com/threads/october-2020.62415/
max was 2712 players
there is a decrease here around the time of school. people started to focus more on school than on games during summer break.
google statistics of search interest https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=minecraft&geo=US
1637297475738.png

1 year ago it was rated at 75
today, its about 50
a reduction of about a third

comparing last years and this years player count
a reduction of about a third. credit this to the decrease in minecraft popularity ( can also be seen in other server popularity and other games too )

the covid pandemic, which locked people in their homes and forced them to be on their computers, would increase the player count regardless of server condition.

compare to prior pandemic
aug 2019 2719 players https://manacube.com/threads/august-2019.46378/
sep 2019 2119 players https://manacube.com/threads/september-2019.47419/
oct 2019 1678 players https://manacube.com/threads/october-2019.48466/
reduction of about a third

in conclusion, in a normal year, this player count decrease is easily explained

the pandemic created an abnormal scenario for all online gaming platforms. its not right to compare what you claim as the "normal" to the actual normal, when its the outlier.

in general, players do not care about what active players call bugs. if the game is 70% playable, they will play.
just because you may not be happy with your experience doesnt mean that the entire server- or in fact the entire game is as well
the merge happened to timely align with the annual player decrease by coincidence. as much as you dont like to admit it, the things you ( you = the majority of community members ) are asking for are being met and give more now than ever.

however, player difference, as claimed by deo, may be changing. the server and founding company is working towards being a more recognized company and not someone's weekend hobby. to do this, rules and guidelines must be changed to better fit the majority. so if you used to get away with edgy or offensive things before, youre more likely to be moderated now.

Last edited:

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
Honestly, it's probably because of the pandemic. Player counts were at an all time high when everyone was shut in at home with nothing to do. Now everyone's getting back out in the world and doing in school work and all that, player counts are bound to drop. It's not really unexpected, but it'll probably pick up over breaks and next summer again yknow

elle⠀

Forum Expert
PATRON+
d4isycha1n4s8tan
d4isycha1n4s8tan
Patron+
Ratings
362 76
Honestly, it's probably because of the pandemic. Player counts were at an all time high when everyone was shut in at home with nothing to do. Now everyone's getting back out in the world and doing in school work and all that, player counts are bound to drop. It's not really unexpected, but it'll probably pick up over breaks and next summer again yknow
what evannoob said

karoleee

ELITE
Karoleee
Karoleee
ELITE
Ratings
27 2
its bc half the players that been constantly playing the server are banned now :(

gabby(turt)

Forum Master
ELITE
gabbyyxo
gabbyyxo
ELITE
Ratings
169 7
yeah the players r dropping like flies mainly bc
1. people get bored
2. the popular/well known people are perm muted/banned lol!
3. school

bam wama mwmamm pee pee

karoleee

ELITE
Karoleee
Karoleee
ELITE
Ratings
27 2
turt

xCoffeeMan

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xCoffeeMan
xCoffeeMan
ELITE
Ratings
49 3
things do be going a little down but the updates seem like they are bringing players back again. I will try my best and invite a few of my friends and some people that I know.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
things do be going a little down but the updates seem like they are bringing players back again. I will try my best and invite a few of my friends and some people that I know.
agreed that things are going down, disagreed that updates are bringing people back. I'm still seeing people quit on a daily basis.

Last update survival received was November 17th - disabled champions leaderboard due to lag making it impossible to know who's currently in the lead.
Prior to that, last update was October 29th, which fixed a minor chat bug, even tho bugs currently known aren't being fixed (Implants has been broken since September 17th btw)

karoleee

ELITE
Karoleee
Karoleee
ELITE
Ratings
27 2
if they are bringing players back why am i still banned. yeah. thought so

xCoffeeMan

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xCoffeeMan
xCoffeeMan
ELITE
Ratings
49 3
Just
if they are bringing players back why am i still banned. yeah. thought so
Just make an appeal and be patient. Thats all. Plus everyone gets banned for a reason

karoleee

ELITE
Karoleee
Karoleee
ELITE
Ratings
27 2
yes i love manacubes reasons winkyface

KingOfMonkeys

ELITE
KingOfMonkeys
KingOfMonkeys
ELITE
Ratings
Ye, like Evan said, it is probably because people took a break. On most server the playerbase is smaller in the winter then in the summer. In the summer a lot/more new people join (mostly).