• Map name: Sewer Survivor
  • Photos of your Parkour

2020-04-07_10.51.36.png

2020-04-07_10.53.44.png

2020-04-07_10.54.03.png

• 2020-04-07_10.54.41.png

• 2020-04-07_10.55.14.png

2020-04-07_22.04.10.png
    UPDATE: Thanks for all of the feedback, I've made the map a little shorter, added more detail to the map so it's not as plain, removed the hard 2 block neo jump and some of the hard bar jumps. I've also added some more jump variations so it's not as basic. Also a little addition I've also made some of the jumps easier and removed some harder jumps.
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot v TheProTroller 2

• Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane) Difficulty: EASY

• Number of jumps (Optional) Roughly around 45

Attachments

Last edited:

alexbuffet

ELITE
alexbuffet
alexbuffet
ELITE
Ratings
The build is overall good and the theme is original, however, the length and difficulty do not match the easy format. I would suggest either making it longer to fit in with the medium or removing some harder jumps to make it more easy. Overall pretty solid map with varied parkour jumps and a great theme. Good luck on submitting!!

Bearified.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
aqieh
aqieh
ELITE
Ratings
Ok, time for an actual response. Pro, my friend. It is a great map. One thing I would change though would be the iron bar part as well as removing that 2 block neo. A 2 block neo is not a beginner or medium jump. Those belong in hard. Maybe make it a single neo. And please move it to the middle of the room as I find it easier to jump around the left for neo's. Other than that it is an amazing map and with those 2 changes it does belong in easy. Maybe also change the last 2 block high jump. Doing those diagonally is very difficult for new players <3
(PS. Add a tested by Bear sign) XD

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Theme is kind of original as there arent any similar maps but we got SewerClown in expert. However the build is very plain and boring, there are barely any details and everything looks the same. Parkour is also pretty repetitive and could have more variation, and it doesn't suit the easy difficulty.
Good luck!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Along similar lines to Pres, I think the parkour could definitely be more varied and blended in more with the map. Also, add some detailing into the walls, ceiling, and floors of the sewer! Make it a bit more "sewer-like", if you will. I think the build has potential overall, but still needs some work. The entryway looks great! But much of the map feels like a base before details are added in.

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
First off, I think it's cool to see you venturing into parkour map building. Now for the critique.

The theme is original as there are no sewer maps other than Sewer Clown (Expert) which is a vastly different map. The build is accurate to theme, however it's a little boring. Builds like this are hard to execute due to the multiple level setting. On the outside, it looks like a bunch of floating stone brick boxes which is never what we want as map makers. You want to mask the surroundings and make it feel like a believable sewer. Shinx did something like this with his insane map Celestial Resort. A huge mountain to mask the room like structure of his build. The parkour isn't the best, but this isn't a problem. Parkour maps are now required to have jump variation so the map doesn't become repetitive and unenjoyable. Some of the earlier jumps on your map are a stream of head hitters and you also have a 3+1 as the first jump. Later on, there is and a x-facing double neo. These jumps do not fit the easy difficulty. Quick explanation on facing for you: X-Facing extends the corner of the block for a neo, aka you hit the block before you do on your screen. It makes a jump harder because you cannot just shift around and jump like you could for a z-facing neo. Z-Facing has no extension. For an easy course, 54 jumps is quite long.

For jump variation: I recommend mixing in weird blocks like piston heads, fences, beds, doors, trapdoors, cocoa beans, heads, anvils, enchanting tables, cakes, walls, you get the point

Also, you have potential as a map maker. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions in game if you decide to make another map. my IGN is caseyclosed and you can always shoot me a message on discord if you have questions - casey#5392

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Pro,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is okayish, as we only have one map related to the sewers (SewerClown), but your map is quite different so I guess the theme is original ? The build is not really good, while the build is good from the inside, attractiveness from the outside is also important, and I think your map from outside don't really looks good. The parkour is also not really good, the parkour is varied overall, but the start and the end feel quite repetitive compared to the rest, also even if the map is long enough for a medium, some jumps still feel really hard, like the first ladder jumps (I keep hitting the roof all the time) or the cake jump.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.