• Total voters

Quintum

VIP
Quintum_
Quintum_
VIP
Ratings
82 7
In the new updates since 1.13, many new blocks have been added to the game. Should we be allowed to use those blocks in builds?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I think if it came down solely to the blocks, it would be AMAZING to update creative.
However, if I recall correctly, updating creative would mean another reset- which would be pretty sad to have yet another OldCreative so quickly. FAWE (Fast Async World Edit) is notoriously laggy, glitchy, and buggy in the newer versions of Minecraft.
I think for these pretty substantial reasons we won’t see a creative version update for quite awhile :(

Lavendel

Forum Master
PATRON
Lavendel
Lavendel
Patron
Ratings
579 7
Hi Quintum

I totally understand that it would be awesome to have creative on 1.16. However, as Quinny said, it would mean another reset after only 1 year which could upset players and make them quit, as they worked hard for their current grades. Another problem would be, also as Quinny mentioned, that worldedit is quite glitchy and unstable with newer versions. Even the current version is quite unstable and glitchy, for example, brushes get misplaced, and sometimes worldedit even stops working after using simple commands like //copy or //paste. In conclusion, even if it updates I personally think we shouldn't update straight to 1.16, but to 1.14 for example, of course only if the worldedit is really stable and the players can be sure to use it without it breaking all the time.

I totally get what you mean though, the blocks in higher versions are pretty dope and can be used to make awesome builds. :)

~Lavendel