Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hey everyone!

Its been a hot topic among the bigger parties and its something I envision being a much larger issue as smaller parties start to catch up. The question is should the spawner cap be increased and why?

Why should it be higher?
It limits gameplay and discourages people to collaborate as one party. This will become increasingly apparent as many more parties reach the cap in the next month or so. Looking forward to see what people think and developing more of an idea on what the general consensus is by the community, can't wait to see what people think : )

Linkey

PATRON+
Linkey
Linkey
Patron+
Ratings
53 1
I’m on the fence with this one. As much as I would personally like them higher. You soon realize you will ultimately run into the same problem. The cap slows down the economic growth. Even if you made it so the spawner cap was switched to individual caps you run into larger parties making it really unfair for smaller parties. However I can also see how this hurts the community aspect of the game, as many parties are realizing that it is no longer practical to run a public grinder with the current cap. Doing so puts you behind all the other parties. The only way this is practical is if you are a building party not interested in /p top.
No matter which way you look you run into a problem.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I dont know the specifics of survival but from what I see, I think having a lower spawner cap would make the game a lot more similar to Olympus and skyblock where it is a group or individual squeezing every last drop of efficiency out of the game. It soon becomes a strategy game rather than a farming and grinding game.
I have a strongly defined opinion that spawner grinders are a terrible idea for any game as they greatly shorten the longevity.
I feel with a larger maximum, the lifespan of making more grinders and bigger grinders would be longer and therefore the gamemodes lifespan is longer.
As we can see on skyblock and Olympus, you can only get to a certain point until where it becomes most efficient to not be actively playing. I don't want survival to turn out the same, or any gamemode to be the same. But I feel without a larger cap it will happen.

MomGetTheLantern

ELITE
MomGetTheLantern
MomGetTheLantern
ELITE
Ratings
71 1
In my opinion, we can't raise the spawner cap if the only way to be able to get more claims for a party is to add members. This way smaller parties will simply not have enough claims at one point to keep adding farms where bigger parties will not have this problem. So there would be no way for smaller parties to compete with bigger parties.

skrts

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
lewistxj
lewistxj
Patron+
Ratings
151 14
raising the spawner cap would defeat the purpose of what dacon was trying to do, balance the economy and nerf mega alliances, having a hard cap is good for solo, small groups, and people who just wanna buy cubits at a standard price and not 1 bill per.

skrts

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
lewistxj
lewistxj
Patron+
Ratings
151 14
another big problem with this, as yall know, theres no way to increase claim size rly, other than rankup, and thats set at a certain limit, so bigger parties have way higher advantage allowing the claiming of more land to make more farms than smaller parties

jimbobaccount

ELITE
jimbobaccount
jimbobaccount
ELITE
Ratings
Honestly I feel like the spawner cap balances out the economy. Last season a ton of people had massive farms, this honestly ruined the endgame for me. With that being said my party has reached the spawner cap and it’s annoying because even though multiple people have branched out to make their own farms there are still people who may want to move on from our party farm. I honestly don’t know how this will play out over the coming months. I mean one idea I had was why not increase the spawner cap every time a party completes a level of the party quests. Just to add maybe another 25 stacks (5 per level of party quests) or possibly add another level of party upgrades for the spawner cap a little ways down the road. What I’m really trying to say is that I feel like the spawner cap is good but I feel like it may cause some players to leave larger parties as the season progresses because the party can’t have any more spawners.

Fluffy-hime

PATRON+
Fluffy_hime
Fluffy_hime
Patron+
Ratings
I'm a little bit on the fence about this one as well. Having a raised spawner cap would very much be nice, especially for larger parties. It would make sharing resources much easier between members and running public grinders would be much more feasible.

However, the server will ultimately run into the same problem it had during the end of the previous season, where it becomes more ideal to have afk farms, instead of manually grinding. From what I can tell, all these changes to the party system are meant to balance out the issues from the previous season; if a large party is given the right amount of resources to start with, soon they will soar far ahead of the other parties and no one will ever have a chance to catch up.

Personally speaking, I found it easier to make co-ops and get along with other parties who are willing to share their resources with me, and I provide support back where I can, so the spawner caps haven't really bothered me yet.

If there could be some sort of compromise, perhaps spawner caps can be raised through the leveling system? As an example, at level 10, the spawner cap can be raised by one stack, then again at level 20, then level 40, then 70, then 110, etc. (Numbers here are arbitrary)

platiinum

ELITE
platiinum
platiinum
ELITE
Ratings
Honestly I feel like the spawner cap balances out the economy. Last season a ton of people had massive farms, this honestly ruined the endgame for me. With that being said my party has reached the spawner cap and it’s annoying because even though multiple people have branched out to make their own farms there are still people who may want to move on from our party farm. I honestly don’t know how this will play out over the coming months. I mean one idea I had was why not increase the spawner cap every time a party completes a level of the party quests. Just to add maybe another 25 stacks (5 per level of party quests) or possibly add another level of party upgrades for the spawner cap a little ways down the road. What I’m really trying to say is that I feel like the spawner cap is good but I feel like it may cause some players to leave larger parties as the season progresses because the party can’t have any more spawners.
i agree with jim here. unlimited spawners would ruin the economy completely though giving a limit per person or even being able to “rank up” and unlock more would be a great addition!

Kevvv_Plays

MVP+
Kevvv_Plays
Kevvv_Plays
MVP+
Ratings
11 1
In my opinion after just a few weeks of watching the economy, I don't think it matters much. When there are groups at the top who were together long before the season, that already puts everyone else at a disadvantage. You simply cant compete with big parties like Hyrule or xd because they spent a lot of early $$( i know its a p2w, that's why they're ahead) and the collaboration to focus on the certain things like IGs grinders, just those parties up quickly. I from the very start, invested like crazy, have even spent quite a bit of money myself on things and still am not even close to the top. So I feel that no matter what the cap is, there's always going to be huge gaps and the economy will only be a tad slower for so long but eventually it wouldnt matter.