Slime_Lord101

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Slime_Lord101
Slime_Lord101
Patron+
Ratings
271 3
This is a mix of both myself and @Mik's suggestions, they've also all been publicly talked about in a suggestions discord we created for Skyblock. Almost all players who have joined and added suggestions agreed with ours, so with that, here's the post. This is only a few of many suggestions we have and there are definitely more to come eventually, some we'd rather keep private between the team and not public yet. Some of these are rather small compared to others, some are bigger changes. I've categized them accordingly.

General Suggestions:
- Make‌ ‌it‌ ‌so‌ ‌that‌ ‌you‌ ‌can‌ ‌toggle‌ ‌coinflip‌ ‌and duel notifications‌ ‌off‌ ‌in‌ /settings;‌ ‌similar‌ ‌to‌ ‌how‌ ‌you‌ ‌can‌ ‌for‌ ‌chestshops.‌ ‌

- Make‌ ‌it‌ ‌so‌ ‌when‌ ‌you‌ ‌crouch‌ ‌and‌ ‌mine‌ ‌spawners,‌ ‌you‌ ‌mine‌ ‌the‌ ‌whole‌ ‌stack‌ ‌rather‌ ‌than‌ ‌just‌ ‌1‌ ‌at‌ ‌a‌ ‌time.‌ ‌When‌ ‌moving‌ ‌spawners‌ ‌around‌ ‌this‌ ‌is‌ ‌very‌ ‌hard‌ ‌to‌ ‌do‌ ‌and‌ ‌spams‌ ‌you‌ ‌chat‌ ‌so‌ ‌you‌ ‌cannot‌ ‌view‌ ‌anything.‌ ‌

- Rather‌ ‌than‌ ‌having‌ ‌to‌ ‌do‌ ‌/is‌ ‌warps‌ ‌and‌ ‌search‌ ‌to‌ ‌find‌ ‌the‌ ‌island‌ ‌name‌ ‌and‌ ‌head,‌ ‌have‌ ‌it‌ ‌so‌ ‌that‌ ‌players‌ ‌can‌ ‌just‌ ‌‘/is‌ ‌warp‌ ‌[name‌ ‌of‌ ‌island/player]‌ like we could in past seasons

- Change‌ ‌it‌ ‌so‌ ‌that‌ ‌you‌ ‌can‌ ‌add‌ ‌custom‌ ‌enchants,‌ ‌such‌ ‌as‌ ‌telepathy‌ ‌and‌ ‌reforged‌ ‌to‌ ‌shovels‌ ‌as‌ ‌well‌ ‌as‌ ‌white‌ ‌scrolls.‌ ‌ ‌

- Change‌ ‌it‌ ‌so‌ ‌you‌ ‌can‌ ‌add‌ ‌white‌ ‌scrolls‌ ‌and‌ ‌reforged‌ ‌to‌ ‌bows.‌ ‌

- Change‌ ‌sign’s‌ ‌color‌ ‌back‌ ‌to‌ ‌black‌ ‌when‌ ‌you‌ ‌type‌ ‌stuff.‌ ‌Right‌ ‌now‌ ‌it‌ ‌defaults‌ ‌as‌ ‌white‌ ‌which‌ ‌can‌ ‌be‌ ‌hard‌ ‌to‌ ‌see.‌

- Make it so that you're able to view cooped island members on /is info or /is, we can't right now and it is pretty annoying. The only way we'd know is making a physical list.

- Make‌ ‌the‌ ‌“Magic”‌ ‌title‌ ‌obtainable‌ ‌as‌ ‌a‌ ‌redeemable‌ ‌tag‌ ‌players‌ ‌are‌ ‌able‌ ‌to‌ ‌sell‌ ‌to‌ ‌one‌ ‌another,‌ ‌you‌ ‌can‌ ‌get‌ ‌this‌ ‌multiple‌ ‌times‌ ‌and‌ ‌there‌ ‌is‌ ‌no‌ ‌use‌ ‌once‌ ‌you’ve‌ ‌received‌ ‌the‌ ‌tag‌ ‌once.‌

- Make it so that you can auction things for maybe a maximum of 500m-1b, right now 50m is limiting us to ‘trust people’ to trade items; auction is a lot safer and the limit should be raised to match the economy. ‌‌

- Smaller island teams (5-10) and alt spaces. If you've ever played Factions, you'll know what I mean (https://prnt.sc/wbwtfh). Players would have a smaller team but instead of adding their alts to their island like people do, you add your alt as an alt of the island. Alts can not interact, they serve as a dummy to afk with. Suggested limit of alts per island being 25.

- Since we're now using chunk based farms and chunk based spawners, make island sizes chunk based. It isn't too hard to do, and we can still have big sizes work without a problem.

- Tax on Infinity Chests (25-30%). Though this may be unpopular, it will help the economy and keep the server working with longer seasons.

- Disable /pay and/or /mana pay. Similar to Olympus, having currencies non-transferable to prevent boosting and unfair advantages with alts or other circumstances. You could still do normal trading via /ah and /trade.

- Change the chance of getting heads to 6.7%

- Add "Find All Fairies" as an achievement. Giving finding all a real reward and purpose.

Warzone:
- Bring back the Warzone.

- Envoys and Envoy Flares

- Having it every so many votes or amount of money donated to the server. Suggestions being every 100 votes or $350-500 donated. These numbers aren't perfectly calculated, would need further exploration.

Changes to Milestones:
- Adding Infinity Chests, Chunk Hoppers, and Cobblestone Generators having special places within milestones, as well as changing around some of the basic ones to match the economy better.

Ability to place Infinity Chests:

Level 400

Ability to place Chunk Hoppers:

Level 100

Cobble Generator Levels:

Level 1 - Cobblestone
Level 50 - Coal
Level 100 - Iron
Level 125 - Redstone
Level 175 - Lapis
Level 225 - Gold
Level 275 - Diamond
Level 325 - Emerald

Spawners:

Level 1 - Pig Spawner
Level 4 - Sheep Spawner
Level 8 - Chicken Spawner
Level 12 - Cow Spawner
Level 15 - Spider Spawner
Level 20 - Zombie Spawner
Level 35 - Skeleton Spawner
Level 50 - Creeper Spawner
Level 75 - Blaze Spawner
Level 100 - Zombie Pigman Spawner
Level 150 - Enderman Spawner
Level 190 - Wither Skeleton Spawner
Level 235 - Villager Spawner
Level 275 - Iron Golem Spawner
Level 400 - Evoker Spawner

Hopper limit:

Level 1 - 50 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 50 - 75 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 75 - 100 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 125 - 150 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 175 - 200 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 250 - 300 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 375 - 400 Max Hopper Upgrade
Level 400 - 550 Max Hopper Upgrade

Max Spawner Upgrade:

Level 1 - 1 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 75 - 5 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 125 - 15 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 150 - 30 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 200 - 45 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 275 - 60 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 350 - 80 Max Spawner Upgrade
Level 500 - 100 Max Spawner Upgrade

Mob XP Upgrade:

Level 1 - 1x Mob XP Upgrade
Level 150 - 1.10x Mob XP Upgrade
Level 275 - 1.25x Mob XP Upgrade
Level 350 - 1.50x Mob XP Upgrade

Crop Growth Upgrade:

Level 1 - 1x Crop Growth Upgrade
Level 150 - 1.10x Crop Growth Upgrade
Level 300 - 1.20x Crop Growth Upgrade
Level 450 - 1.30x Crop Growth Upgrade

Mob loot Upgrade:

Level 1 - 1x Mob Loot Upgrade
Level 200 - 1.1x Mob Loot Upgrade
Level 300 - 1.15x Mob Loot Upgrade
Level 400 - 1.20x Mob Loot Upgrade
Level 500 - 1.25x Mob Loot Upgrade
Level 600 - 1.35x Mob Loot Upgrade

Mob Spawning Upgrade:

Level 1 - 1x Mob Spawning Upgrade
Level 375 - 1.10x Mob Spawning Upgrade
Level 450 - 1.20x Mob Spawning Upgrade
Level 575 - 1.30x Mob Spawning Upgrade

Additional Monthly Rewards/Leaderboard Payouts:
These don't have to be defined as paypal or cubit rewards but could also have a tag reward, similar to other monthly leaderboards on other gamemodes.

- Mana Top
- McMMO Top
- Quests Top
- Hours Top
- Most Kills (Both Mobs & Players)
- Most Pond Catches

Thank you for the time reading these suggestions, we hope to see some changes for the better of Skyblock! If any questions, suggestions, or comments on any of these or new ones, let me know and we can always work together on better ones. We want the best for the Skyblock community, we have talked with the community and many agree these should change.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
As a reflection on Olympus' reset process,
-Longer beta (staff beta -> select player beta -> elite beta) might be hard to do this, but I feel it would help reduce reset day stress and chaos
-Better communication between community, staff, and developers. Oly players are constantly asking what's broken so they can avoid it, if something already been reported, and are frequently talking about how they're left clueless as to what's going on and getting fixed.
-optional... *nudge nudge* BETA tag for select players who are very helpful in the shaping and testing of the new season.

Gameplay suggestions,
-A system similar to the Olympus spawners where spawners are harder to get. I would like more of a farming economy (natural mob farms, hand farmed crops) rather than mob spawner grinders. I believe that skyblock should be more afk than prisons. just my opinion though.
-no world edit. at all.

thank you for all the work you put into Olympus s4! I'm honestly truly blown away and can't wait to see what magic you do for skyblock/islands and kitpvp!

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
So we have been working for awhile on a new addition suggestion to skyblock that would make the gamemode have a better goal for players to work towards rather than basically completing the game in the first months of the season. Its a way of prestiging your island through the grinding of different collections in return for buffs to help progress throughout the gamemode. I would really appreciate it if you would check it out and say any concerns you have with it so that i could possibly work them out. With the current state of skyblock, most players are quitting within the first 3-4 months of the season which really isnt good for the skyblock community. :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11kapyku-W1U99CCTzSsFr3FiG4GTjKnv4ZZFiAsRyRk/edit

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
- Plan for economy adjustments to active grinding methods in game throughout the season.
- Economy resets / mid game of the economy to have some more meaningful progression
- Add back /questshop, makes them more viable and another avenue of gameplay / leaderboard
- Make Slayer have pvp regions

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
- Plan for economy adjustments to active grinding methods in game throughout the season.
- Economy resets / mid game of the economy to have some more meaningful progression
- Add back /questshop, makes them more viable and another avenue of gameplay / leaderboard
- Make Slayer have pvp regions
/questshop might be fun at least people can have a reasons to do the quests and can get titles, ce’s, armors etc... However I don’t agree with enabling PvP in slayer regions it would just be strong ranked people settling down in slayer regions with strong sva armor and weapons to kill nonranks or lower ranks and not letting them grind just like it’s happening in olympus right now.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
/questshop might be fun at least people can have a reasons to do the quests and can get titles, ce’s, armors etc... However I don’t agree with enabling PvP in slayer regions it would just be strong ranked people settling down in slayer regions with strong sva armor and weapons to kill nonranks or lower ranks and not letting them grind just like it’s happening in olympus right now.
True I think it would resemble volcano but I think the Slayer regions right now lag a defining feature they're very grinds which is good but I'd love to see more danger involved with them. Whether this will be the custom mobs which are definitely harder to figh on Olympus right now or not I'd love to see Slayer be a more diverse type of gameplay or just something more as its an amazing concept but needs to be longer lasting throughout the season.

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
I think what everyone wants for s10 is to remove afk2win or p2w so here are Some more minor suggestions that can give non-ranked or lower rank players to have a chance on winning too + some general suggestions:
  • Bringing back something like a mana shop to improve the usage of mana
  • Bringing back chest head shops
  • Adding more perks to the perk chest like the chat feelings perk, or the bold nickname perk because noone really likes the perk crate right now ( I already talked to Mike about this he said chat feeling was an exclusive perk and it was most likely not gonna happen but survival has them in Leg crates why can’t we?)
  • More /vault spaces, people have so many sva’s that not all of them can afford alt’s with ranks or a lot of friends of mine has their vaults full too so I can’t really give them my sva’s.
  • Giving cactus farms more value. I’m not saying it should be the economy but it is really devalued right now like $0.3 which is useless.
  • BRING DOWN THE ALT LIMIT! All skyblock is about right now is to get alts and afk them with vpn’s to win. Just because someone has more alts than me and can use vpn’s to run them shouldn’t automatically mean I can’t pass them.
  • As Raptor mentioned we should have something like a Quest shop so we can have a reason to do our quests and unlock other things.
  • Make the quests work. %75 of the quests we get are glitched and doesn’t count when we do them which makes it hard to do quests and annoys a lot of people.
  • Make the quest rewards more valuable as well as make harder quests. Quest rewards are so beginner focused that a lot of people throw away the rewards after getting them like I shouldn’t be getting only 64 lapis lazuli and 200 mana after I spent time enchanting 200 items.
  • ( I don’t know it this is a dumb idea or not because I never talked to anyone about this) Make titles buyable and sellable. I think it might add a little more fun to the game to being able to buy titles and stuff.
  • Add more /rankups or prestiges and show peoples rankups next to their name in chat. Half of the people who are playing skyblock are all ranked to 10 and doesn’t have anything else to do. We should be able to rankup below 10 or we should be able to prestige and I think it would be cool if people can see my rank or my prestige in chat next to my name.
  • Make more titles and ways to get them without buying crates for non ranked people or people that doesn’t buy crates to get. This could be from questshop/ manashop as I mentioned in the past recommendations. Or giving titles monthly to people that had the most pond catches, most farming, most mob kills, most fishing etc... for the people who don’t wanna spend money but still wants to have a fancy chat.
  • Improve warp tutorial and let new people know about it to help them get started and tips. New players are so clueless that they have a lot of questions about the gamemode like how do i get a nether star to make a beacon or how do I use mana or what do I do with heads etc... and they are not aware of /warp tutorial which needs improvement. Adding a little book when you first join sb and giving a tutorial about how you start and FAQs could be nicer for them. Because I at least answer 5 people in a day asking to how to get a nether star or how to sell heads, I enjoy helping people but letting them know about /warp tutorial or giving them a book on how to start could be more helpful!
  • Pleaseee let us have /marry kiss like creative does.
This is all I can think of for now but i’ll make sure to add more when I have more ideas.

Last edited:

IPenguinI

Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
Bring back envoys/convoys that were in /warp PvP, and have a similar set up for the PvP area like it was in 2018/19 where there was a bunch of different islands, and during the envoys/convoys, a bunch of different rarity/varied loot boxes would spawn across the several islands. This was so much fun to do when it used to exist, and would love to see it again.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
-Longer beta (staff beta -> select player beta -> elite beta) might be hard to do this, but I feel it would help reduce reset day stress and chaos
-Better communication between community, staff, and developers. Oly players are constantly asking what's broken so they can avoid it, if something already been reported, and are frequently talking about how they're left clueless as to what's going on and getting fixed.
-optional... *nudge nudge* BETA tag for select players who are very helpful in the shaping and testing of the new season.

Gameplay suggestions,
-A system similar to the Olympus spawners where spawners are harder to get. I would like more of a farming economy (natural mob farms, hand farmed crops) rather than mob spawner grinders. I believe that skyblock should be more afk than prisons. just my opinion though.
-no world edit. at all.

thank you for all the work you put into Olympus s4! I'm honestly truly blown away and can't wait to see what magic you do for skyblock/islands and kitpvp!
I definitely agree with the no world edit, it's super OP, and players can win fastplace from promo crates, or buy builderwands from other players. It's still somewhat OP, but I think it isn't AS OP.
I would also like to add this- make it so players who are muted can create an island!! This has been a bug on several of the game modes across Manacube, and I have reported it on multiple occasions. I've been told that alts aren't allowed to have islands- but how else am I supposed to make an island if I can't join someone's island...? And what if there's a muted player who doesn't even have an alt to begin with? In the past people have offered to create an island and then just transfer the ownership to me- but if alts aren't allowed to have islands or parties to begin with, wouldn't this not be allowed...? And if that's the case, shouldn't this bug be fixed? I think that this should definitely be addressed before the reset happens, and I really hope that this bug will be fixed for the reset!

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7

Gameplay suggestions,
-no world edit. at all.

I definitely agree with the no world edit, it's super OP, and players can win fastplace from promo crates, or buy builderwands from other players. It's still somewhat OP, but I think it isn't AS OP.
I would also like to add this- make it so players who are muted can create an island!! This has been a bug on several of the game modes across Manacube, and I have reported it on multiple occasions. I've been told that alts aren't allowed to have islands- but how else am I supposed to make an island if I can't join someone's island...? And what if there's a muted player who doesn't even have an alt to begin with? In the past people have offered to create an island and then just transfer the ownership to me- but if alts aren't allowed to have islands or parties to begin with, wouldn't this not be allowed...? And if that's the case, shouldn't this bug be fixed? I think that this should definitely be addressed before the reset happens, and I really hope that this bug will be fixed for the reset!
The thing is people paid like 15 bucks to get world edit and then they removed it after 6 months. I don’t think it was fair for the people who bought it then it got removed. Now they are paying for monthly crates just so they can get at least fastplace or something when they already paid for something that doesn’t work. But I agree with world-edit being too op for skyblock. I just don’t agree with the fact that they removed it after releasing it and people buying it.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
The thing is people paid like 15 bucks to get world edit and then they removed it after 6 months. I don’t think it was fair for the people who bought it then it got removed. Now they are paying for monthly crates just so they can get at least fastplace or something when they already paid for something that doesn’t work. But I agree with world-edit being too op for skyblock. I just don’t agree with the fact that they removed it after releasing it and people buying it.
It was disabled because of a bug.
On Olympus they refunded/replaced the webstore tags that people had. I think they should do the same with world edit.

More for Dacon to think about, in addition to w.e. being unfair p2w, it pushes the season to be afk2win after a few weeks. And that's the particular style of game that I think we should move away from.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I agree with SSM, the purchase should be refunded... it's frustrating because on islands, one of the best way to grind mcmmo points is through world edit. But not everyone has world edit, since it got removed from the webstore. Still, some people have their world edit perms and it's really OP.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
We need long term goals on skyblock

Currently there is no sort of end game goal or reward for playing Skyblock. Other game modes such as Olympus with rebirthing and parkour and kit with prestiging allowed to game to stay active for a longer period of time. Skyblock however has nothing like these goals. Once you make enough money to make a afk grinder you are done playing the game mode and have achieved everything you can. This is very unhealthy for the game mode as we have seen most players quiting within the first 1-2 months of release.

By this I do not mean the /milestones plugin that was added onto Olympus with the new season. That is more of a side quest to do while you are playing the game. I am asking for a whole new addition to the game mode. Something that sets it apart from other Skyblock servers. I have already made my suggestion but any additions to just give us something to do will work.

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
Add harvesting to leaderbords it’s a big part of skyblock and I believe people would like to see the harvesting competition +harvesting leaderboards can give an actual chance for someone to get on leaderboards as donators not having advantage over harvesting. (Sorry if I mentioned pay2w so much in this thread I just want non-donators to actually have a chance on something because %90 of them just quit after 2 days and its kinda late to make major suggestions since they’ve already been made)