Skyblock - Second Reveal [2/3]

>>> MANA SKYBLOCK SECOND REVEAL <<<

This is the second reveal announcement for season 10 of Skyblock.
See first reveal here: https://manacube.com/threads/mana-skyblock-first-reveal-1-3.70606/
The 3rd announcement post will also contain the release date!

MINION REWORK

➜ You can now get minions from Kilton's Soul Shop, and the in-game cubit Black Market.

➜ Give your minion a spawner and they will collect the drops of that mob type!
You can add up to 64 spawners to a minion, as well as an infinity chest to auto sell the loot.

➜ Each minion can hold 100,000 items
➜ Sell the items the minion is holding with the sell button. This will also show the total amount and $
➜ You can access all of your minions from anywhere on the server through the /minion GUI

➜ Minions will work regardless if you're nearby, and for up to 6 hours while offline!

➜ Minions need Sweet Berries to stay awake
Sweet Berries can be farmed on your island
➜ Give your minion Golden Berries to double it's work speed

Minions also have a cute new model design (unfortunately we're not ready to reveal this yet)

CUBIT SHOP

You can now spend your cubits directly in-game without needing to cash out giftcards!

MOREND

Morend is one of 3 unique worlds on Skyblock, aimed for mid-late game players.
Here you can mine for building materials, harvest for farming materials, and slay various Monsters!
This is also a PvP enabled area, but gear protected (Will explain that below)

The gravity is low in this world, you can jump very high and take no fall damage.
This makes it easier to harvest the Morend Trees & makes PvP pretty interesting.

View attachment 48713

View attachment 48715

Drop Mechanics

In Morend, on death you will drop any loot you earned in this world. Your own items & gear are safe however.
Loot includes items from harvesting/mining, and monster drops.

Unique Item Drops

Here are some of the unique items you can be rewarded with for slaying these monsters.

View attachment 48716

SERVER REWRITE

This is one of the most time consuming part of season 10. We have been recoding all of our plugins and developing new ones to be able to support cross-server syncing. This allows us to split up Skyblock into multiple seamless servers, expanding the amount of players we can hold and reducing potential lag.

Before everything would be hosted on 1 single server, in season 10 there will be:

➥ Spawn Server (Spawn, Wolfhaven, Morend, ?)
➥ Overworld Islands Server
➥ Nether Islands Server
➥End Islands Server
(You can have up to 3 different islands, and in 3 different world types!)

From a player experience this will be unnoticeable, and we could theoretically hold 1000+ players

----

Something we also wanted to do but have delayed until season 11 is having each island in it's own world and saving that world to a database. This would allow us to scale the server and have no player cap or lag!

---

The tech created for this update will also be used on other ManaCube servers in the future, including the upcoming season of Survival :eyes:​

Why would you steal things from Hypixel Bruh

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
that’s pretty poggers!!

kmoore_197

QA Team
Kmoore_197
Kmoore_197
QA Team
Ratings
okay so what about islands? theyre getting reset together so shouldnt we have info on that beyond acid water removed and the rename? the skyblock update looks great but it feels very alienating to be so in the dark about the server I main when its also being reset at the same time.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
If the minion model isn't a penguin I'm gonna cry...

Love the cubit shop!
Whats a golden berry?
On Olympus the spider boots are kinda glitchy/laggy/buggy can this be optimized for the crawler boots?

AbiXChew

SrMod | Events Manager
Senior Mod
AbiXChew
AbiXChew
Senior Mod
Ratings
261 7
okay so what about islands? theyre getting reset together so shouldnt we have info on that beyond acid water removed and the rename? the skyblock update looks great but it feels very alienating to be so in the dark about the server I main when its also being reset at the same time.

Same I asked in an earlier post on this thread. I love all the updates for skyblock and am excited, but if islands is in on this reset I am in the same boat here..

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
I know less than a newborn baby about skyblock but this looks cool :)

Last edited:

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
344 101
Welp I don't play skyblock but all I can say is that that key system is looking sick!

kmoore_197

QA Team
Kmoore_197
Kmoore_197
QA Team
Ratings
Information about Islands server will be in the 3rd reveal.
Many of these updates are for islands too
Okay ill remain patient until the third reveal is released. Im just worried about the direction of islands and im worried that the suggestions that multiple people have put in for islands are being ignored for the larger population of skyblock and the *potential* revenue it could bring in even though islands has generated more patrons this season than any season prior.

kile5453

ELITE
kile5453
kile5453
ELITE
Ratings
So, since there are custom textures on the crawler helmet and boots, does that mean they will be unbreakable?
Also, is that returning eye a 1-time-use thing, or do you keep it after you use it?

I'm also very excited to see the bone axe get a texture, as well as the new buildmode feature.

Honestly, my only suggestion, make it hard to get money, bc a hard working economy is a good economy. (Start us with less/Raise prices)

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83
So, since there are custom textures on the crawler helmet and boots, does that mean they will be unbreakable?
Also, is that returning eye a 1-time-use thing, or do you keep it after you use it?

I'm also very excited to see the bone axe get a texture, as well as the new buildmode feature.
Some are unbreakable some will break and can be repaired

on < 1.14 all custom textures had to be unbreakable to work, but now we can use "Custom model data" on items which allows us to give them durability again

Returning eye is a 1 time use but a common drop, you keep it on death as well