Rejected Skylands - Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: Melongan
Map name: Skylands
The # of your plot: My 2nd plot
Difficulty: Hard (This was a "hard" decision. I'd make this Expert if it was longer.)
Number of jumps: 66 (it's a bit short :/)
2019-09-04_18.28.06.png

Last edited:

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Username: Melongan
Map name: Skylands
Photos of your parkour:
The # of your plot: My 2nd plot
Difficulty: Hard (This was a "hard" decision. I'd make this Expert if it was longer.)
Number of jumps: 66 (it's a bit short :/)
Are you able to take photos of the build? Press F2 in-game, press edit on this thread, and drag the photos into the text box to upload them.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
so i'm giving you a -1 :c

Theme: it's unoriginal, we already have a ton of floating island-related maps. -1
Build:
it looks nice, but the floating parkour really takes away from the build. 0
Parkour:
just from looking, you use mostly normal block jumps, next time try using blocks like ice, heads, fences, soul sand, etc. the parkour is also floating which takes away from the quality of the build as well. -1

so the only reason I don't think this map is salvageable is because of the theme you picked. if it was another, more original theme i'd change to a -0.5, but it's not. good luck anyway c:

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hey!
Unfortunately, I will be rejecting this map due to the following reasons listed below.

First of all, the theme is unoriginal, as we already have many maps revolving around floating islands. The build is well detailed, and I can tell you put effort into it, but most of the parkour is floating which makes the map look messy and unattractive. And lastly, the parkour is barley varied, its also pretty confusing at most points, I recommend adding more variety of jumps, and attach the parkour more to the build rather than leave it all floating, I'd also recommend using arrowheads, or signs to indicate the direction on where to go.
Thank you for submitting this map, and we'd love to see more from you!
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.