Not open for further replies.

CornJob

ELITE
Uitzicht
Uitzicht
ELITE
Ratings
Good morning / midday / evening,
Hereby I want to submit my (and GeorgeVa's) map.

Map created by: CornFly & GeorgeVa
Name of the map: SnakeRampage
Plot #: /plot v CornFly 2 (the map was built on /plot v CornFly 1 first but the facing was not right :), whoopsie)
Map Difficulty: Hard
Amount of jumps: 78

I hope you like the parkour and enjoy the build:

Attachments

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
I'm so glad I convinced you to take part in all this. Thanks for putting up with all my crazy ideas and executing them!
Corn=Good Builder

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Bruh I love it. I’ll have to see if I can try it out at some point!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
I would love to give you a +1 but I'm giving it a -1.

Build/Theme: It just feels like a town map with a tower with a snake in the middle.

Parkour: IMO the parkour was a little hard for a hard and to me, it just felt like a bunch of ladders,fences,slimes, and vines the entire time to me. I wish there was a little more variation oh and I found a few things that where confusing and one jump imo is impossible without speed.

Good Luck Though

CornJob

ELITE
Uitzicht
Uitzicht
ELITE
Ratings
I would love to give you a +1 but I'm giving it a -1.

Build/Theme: It just feels like a town map with a tower with a snake in the middle.

Parkour: IMO the parkour was a little hard for a hard and to me, it just felt like a bunch of ladders,fences,slimes, and vines the entire time to me. I wish there was a little more variation oh and I found a few things that where confusing and one jump imo is impossible without speed.

Good Luck Though
Thanks for your feedback, Noah (with the cute dog as profile picture)! When you talked about the building you described the whole point of our build.. If we only made a tower with a snake we would make Tower parkour which is already done a lot of times ;)
Thereby, I think you may reconsider your opinion: the jump is possible when you use momentum which is given by simply walk one block back ;). Last but not least: not enough variation? We did not want too much chaos in the jumps but I am sure about the fact GeorgeVa used enough different kind of jumps (and blocks) to make it a fun parkour map.

Thanks for your opinion /review, mate!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Thanks for your feedback, Noah (with the cute dog as profile picture)! When you talked about the building you described the whole point of our build.. If we only made a tower with a snake we would make Tower parkour which is already done a lot of times ;)
Thereby, I think you may reconsider your opinion: the jump is possible when you use momentum which is given by simply walk one block back ;). Last but not least: not enough variation? We did not want too much chaos in the jumps but I am sure about the fact GeorgeVa used enough different kind of jumps (and blocks) to make it a fun parkour map.

Thanks for your opinion /review, mate!
Im still keeping it a -1. It just feels like a tower/village theme to me and we already have many maps related to those.

Parkour ok thanks but I still belive there is more variation needed

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
I have actually have talked to a map judge about the theme. Had her come over and asked about it. She said it was original as something like this has not been done before and that's why I thought of it in the first place. Knowing the themes tower/town are not original I added this huge/mythical snake as a part of it. That was just her opinion I do now know if the other map judges will agree. Out of respect of the judge who told me that I'd like to keep her name out of it :)
As for that slime jump which was pointed out, it is possible with the correct momentum. My mistake for not adding a sign explaining. Oops! That won't be a problem anymore.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hi, I really like this map. I personally think the parkour is fine, and I really enjoyed it as it is strongly incorporated with the theme, and gave an element of exploration and freedom. If you want to vary the parkour, don't do so by adding different blocks, instead change the overall design of the jump, not the landing. For example, a piston to lava 2x2 may be different from a head to flower pot 2x2 which is different from a slab to fence 2x2, but the only real difference is the difficulty. Perhaps instead of changing the blocks you jump on, you could add a sidewall with a cobblewall blockage, or maybe do a cross neo.
Basically, change the imputs you need to make, not the precision of those imputs. I really don't want to see such a good build be ruined by an overabundance of random blocks.
But, I have found a few skips.
Red=Skip
Blue=Intended Path

1594183306396.png

The next few skips are all kind of part of 1 major exploit
1594183377594.png
1594183544807.png
1594183450707.png

The next 3 pics are part of 1 skip
1594183581383.png
1594183620538.png
1594183662646.png

All pics below show 1 exploit
1594184643377.png
1594184670744.png
1594184717056.png

Crap theres a file limit at 10. Holup ive got 1 more

Last edited:

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
This is an alternate route to the skip above, there is more than one of these trapdoor towers, beware of that.
1594184870591.png

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hey zzyk

Thank you for the advice on the parkour and the skips, I understand your point and I have to agree with you that random blocks are a no go. I will try and follow your advice! As for the skips thank you for pointing them out to me, I will patch them asap.

Thanks for the feedback :)

CornJob

ELITE
Uitzicht
Uitzicht
ELITE
Ratings
This is an alternate route to the skip above, there is more than one of these trapdoor towers, beware of that.
View attachment 31403
I know I speak for both me and GeorgeVa when I say we really appreciate what you did, thanks for telling us! Next time I make a parkour map I let you search for exploits ;). Also thanks for the compliments /tips you said, have a nice day!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey CornFly & GeorgeVa,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Personally, I think the theme is pretty original. I haven't seen a map themed after this specifically, so it's fair game in my book. Good job!
  • Build: I have my reservations regarding the build. I must first state that I think it's a very well-executed and attractive build. I can see how much time and effort you guys put into this map, such things did not go unnoticed. But, I feel that if you took out the snake, you really do have yourself another tower/village map. And, this wouldn't be an issue if the snake was more of the focus of the map but, in my eyes, it really isn't. You're barely on the snake as well. I just wish you guys could make the actual snake the star of the show, I'd love to see that.
  • Parkour: I'll be brutally honest, I did not enjoy the parkour. I'll tell you precisely why. On a good note, I believe it's long enough and hard enough for the hard difficulty. There're no issues there. But, the parkour ended up feeling really confusing and scattered because of how big the map was and due to your attempts to cover it completely. The path really was not clear most of the time. And, I felt like I was doing the same things over and over again. Especially with all of the vines. You guys are really going to have to make a more organized, clear, and varied (you did use a lot of good jumps but there were way too many vines) parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.