Spawner Uses and why they should be removed.

Remove Spawner Uses from Olympus

• Yes

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Derpylatios

PATRON+
EonLatios
EonLatios
ELITE
Ratings
81 9
I have heard from almost EVERY community that they don't want spawner uses on their reset.

Spawners were already nerfed into the ground from the recent changes, mining already makes that money.

I enjoyed last season of having that 'passive income' and I liked the direction that they were going when they wanted to incentivize grinding. having to repair a stack of spawners with over 9 stacks of fragments makes the system feel unrewarding and unfair to the player, considering 9 stacks of fragments is actually hard to get. Nobody wants to use an item that is decently hard to get, and to be rewarded with almost nothing. You can go mining and get more. I know you are probably thinking "The point of Olympus is to mine, that's why the system is like that." And while I agree that at it's core, mining is always the best, I still feel like players should have options even if they don't want to grind 24/7.

I don't think that this would cause a full blown economy failure. I think it would have a less overpowered season 3 vibe. And, of course. If people want these spawners they have to work for it. Tier 5 Spawners are already extremely hard to get, so it's a challenge in itself to get the cores.

Well, here are my thoughts. Make sure to vote. I wanna see where this leads/if this leads anywhere.

cs_caleb

PATRON
CS_Caleb
CS_Caleb
Patron
Ratings
12 2
If they're not removed they should be balanced. Either more frags or more money from spanwers. May be banned but still have input

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
heyooo! i completely see your point! i agree, spawner fragments are pretty hard to get considering the number needed to repair spawners. seeing how many people also agree with this, ill bring it up with other Olympus staff to see what the overall consensus is and if we can suggest it to higher staff to possibly make a change. do y'all have any suggestions on what the number of fragments should be changed to?

Derpylatios

PATRON+
EonLatios
EonLatios
ELITE
Ratings
81 9
heyooo! i completely see your point! i agree, spawner fragments are pretty hard to get considering the number needed to repair spawners. seeing how many people also agree with this, ill bring it up with other Olympus staff to see what the overall consensus is and if we can suggest it to higher staff to possibly make a change. do y'all have any suggestions on what the number of fragments should be changed to?
Hello Ashley, thank you for taking your time to let the Olympus staff know about this. I really appreciate it!

I understand that you want to bring a general consensus from the staff team, however I believe that the players really do experience this the most. Players are the ones directly affected and therefore should have a majority say on this. Any updates of this topic should be mainly based on what the community agrees on.

The number of fragments that this should be changed to is 0.

The price for repairing spawners, however, should go up. No cubits, no fragments, just in game money.

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I understand that you want to bring a general consensus from the staff team, however I believe that the players really do experience this the most. Players are the ones directly affected and therefore should have a majority say on this. Any updates of this topic should be mainly based on what the community agrees on.

The price for repairing spawners, however, should go up. No cubits, no fragments, just in game money.
hihi! i totally understand that it should be a majority community agreement, i wasn't going to merely get staff input and only base it off of that. i just wanted to generally bring it up to see if we can make a formal suggestion to the admins, including everyone's input (mostly the community!). apologies if my wording was confusing before! let me know if i need to clear anything else up :D

also, thank you for your feedback on what the price should be! ill be sure to include this on the formal suggestion <3

Dakota

PATRON+
Dakotta
Dakotta
Patron+
Ratings
89 5
I don't think they should remove spawner uses. You mentioned that t5 are the hardest to get, and that is the case. However, the others are frankly easy to get, and I feel like not having spawner uses would make late season too afk2win rather than grind2win.

I do like the idea of lowering the repair price. Right now, the spawners don't even feel like an option due to this high repair cost, so it doesn't seem that there is any point to them. Lowering the repair cost to 1 spawn frag and some money or even 0 spawn frags and money would really make spawners a viable option.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I think spawner repair price is fair at what it's at. At least for tier 5 spawners.
At $375k per spawner, having a maxed farm of tier 5 (or really any tier for that matter would be near impossible) would cost $202 million. And out of the $2.7 billion produced by a maxed t5 farm, $202m is fair. You'd only really be able to do 4 - 5 ascensions at this point in the season with that. Plus automation with inf chests has a huge tax. There is also a hopper limit to each plot, so you cant just store it all for later. This would also give a use for the sell wands. I currently have a ~100,000 use wand from pond and no farms are worth using right now.

DefeatedZoro

PATRON+
3VWN
3VWN
Patron+
Ratings
i completely agree with this, especially since anyone wanting to make a grinder may be put off due to the repair costs, it aint cheap

nick22985

SrMod | Staff Management
Senior Mod
nick22985
nick22985
Senior Mod
Ratings
94 4
+1 There is no point even building a grinder. There is no passive income this season. Minions chew mana. The only way to get anywhere this season is mine 24/7

Etho246

MVP+
Etho246
Etho246
MVP+
Ratings
+1 Afk grinding was overpowered in previous seasons so I understand why it has been nerfed but now there isn't even a point in making a grinder. Fixing this issue would also add flexibility and give players more to do than mine

JJMcCow

ELITE
JJMcCow
JJMcCow
ELITE
Ratings
I agree. They stopped afk2win when they destroyed auto-farms, so there was no need to make spawners irritating to have (long-term)