Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
This is a recent issue that has come to my attention- GIFs and emotes that could be triggering to people who are photosensitive or have Epilepsy. Epilepsy is not a joke, and it isn't funny. It's a serious medical condition and can lead to injury if not dealt with properly. So what is Epilepsy? It's a neurological disorder and can cause seizures to occur due to abnormal brain activity. Seizures can be dangerous depending on the type of seizure. You can learn more about Epilepsy and the different types of seizures here.
Please understand that it's quite disrespectful to tell someone to "block" people who are posting the triggering GIFs/emotes. If they are having an actual seizure, they most likely wouldn't be able to because during a seizure they aren't able to control their body. This also applies to tell someone to "walk away" or to "close Discord." I personally have Epilepsy, and while this doesn't trigger my seizures, I still find it rude/offensive when people act ignorant. My solution is to require these kinds of GIFs/images/emotes to be spoilered. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Last edited:

Nicksfish

ELITE
Nicksfish
Nicksfish
ELITE
Ratings
That sounds like a great idea! I’m glad this behavior doesn’t trigger your epilepsy, but I love that you’re standing up for others. I totally back your suggestion. If you ever decide to make this a suggestion on https://suggestions.manacube.com/ message me, and I’ll give it my support.