Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
Hey Hey, it's Cosmic!

Sooo, I've been reading lots, and when I say lots, I'll say at least 200 staff application and about 90% of the applications did not meet the requirements, but for the applications that did meet the requirements, I just got a few tips for you that wasnt listed in Dacon's or Dyn's forum post. Here ya go:

1. Be mature
This is something that most people don't look over, maturity is crutial when it comes to being a staff. When you are applying, or even plan on applying, be aware of what you say, and that leads into my second advice.

2. Be mindful and aware of what you say
Words can be bent very easily, and not only that what you say can be turned against you, thats called self incrimination, so if you plan on applying, think before you type something, this advice can't be also used in real life, think before you send a text message, or an email. Because everything you say can be twisted into meaning something else.

3. Go in-depth with your application
When I saw "go in-depth" it means that you should describe, or give more detail, I've seen hundreds of applications say "pick me because I help people." explain how you help them, tell a story about how guided a player to show that your story is not complete lies. This also applies to talking about youself, and others and what you did in your life.

4. Don't lie
This one is pretty self explanitory, but yet people still do it, I've read staff applications saying "I've never been punished before." and I go into the punishement logs, and I see that they had 10 mutes. Don't lie because not only does that look bad on your part, its even worse if a normal player with no special permissions finds out your lying in your application.

5. Explore
When I say explore, I mean explore the server, don't just spend your time on one realm, go out to other realms and help players there too. This is somewhat important because, when you become a staff you don't only spend your time just on one server do you? No, staff have to go to other servers and help players there too. This is something very minor, but when people look at your over all statistics and see that your not only active on just one realm, they think "This player is also experienced in these other realms too." which leads me to something else. When you go from server to server, the players on those other servers may vouch for you.

6. Experience
Experience is a minor thing, but it can help you get accepted. This is because you have experience staffing, so that the manager know, that you understand the rules, and take this seriously.

Thats all for now! (Too lazy to type the rest)
If you want help writing applications, let me know!

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
729 81
I don't think being mature is something that is big on the application as it is for when you're application goes into review. When you apply the only thing they're looking for is passing application requirements. Maturity is open ended so it can be hard to tell within an application since maturity and common sense are different things. Going off from comments i've been told in the past, I don't believe making this thread is something thats completely necessary. Don't get me wrong, its great to educate other players on dos and don't but if they're passing requirements, they're fairly educated on what they should mention and how in depth they should go. Your thread is in fact very detailed and has the right idea but theres no audience to present it to. If players don't bother to read requirements i doubt they''ll read this. If players do read requirements and apply anyway not passing it, theres still is no point since they obviously don't pass. You mentioned it for players who have passed, but assuming they pass, the things mentioned above as self explanatory and they should already understand the qualities above. Excuse me if i repeated myself several times.

CosmicLunaBunny

Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
I don't think being mature is something that is big on the application as it is for when you're application goes into review. When you apply the only thing they're looking for is passing application requirements. Maturity is open ended so it can be hard to tell within an application since maturity and common sense are different things. Going off from comments i've been told in the past, I don't believe making this thread is something thats completely necessary. Don't get me wrong, its great to educate other players on dos and don't but if they're passing requirements, they're fairly educated on what they should mention and how in depth they should go. Your thread is in fact very detailed and has the right idea but theres no audience to present it to. If players don't bother to read requirements i doubt they''ll read this. If players do read requirements and apply anyway not passing it, theres still is no point since they obviously don't pass. You mentioned it for players who have passed, but assuming they pass, the things mentioned above as self explanatory and they should already understand the qualities above. Excuse me if i repeated myself several times.
Your right, and also wrong, if you want to be a good staff, you should be mature, because the 3rd day I log on, I got harrased by a staff who brought up a old convo from 1 year ago, and started annoying me, which is considered in my eyes, and as a lifeguard manager eyes, very unprofessional, sadly that person is a staff anf you are right, maturity doesn't really matter as long as you meet the requirements for manacube. On other server and in real life, even though it's so basic and is literally common sense, people are not mature in this world, and the thing we call common sense, is now extremely rare.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
729 81
Your right, and also wrong, if you want to be a good staff, you should be mature, because the 3rd day I log on, I got harrased by a staff who brought up a old convo from 1 year ago, and started annoying me, which is considered in my eyes, and as a lifeguard manager eyes, very unprofessional, sadly that person is a staff anf you are right, maturity doesn't really matter as long as you meet the requirements for manacube. On other server and in real life, even though it's so basic and is literally common sense, people are not mature in this world, and the thing we call common sense, is now extremely rare.
Maturity is something they check for within a staff, if a staff was being rude to you then you could always report it. When your application goes into review, they watch you and look through your chat logs see if you have maturity so it was completely unprofessional for the staff to act that way towards you. Something that's difficult within conversations (online in these cases) is lack of tone. The staff member could have been trying to joke around with you but you wouldn't have understood since you couldn't see their body language, or their tone of voice so that conversation could have possibly been misinterpreted. I'm not saying you're wrong, theres no possible way for me to understand what happened since i wasnt there but theres still a possibility they were joking and you misinterpreted it, or they were doing it for a sake of being mean. you could always ask them or report them.

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
Just be active and don't break the rules. Everything else follows a long. :)

Matt!!

ELITE
GayPandas
GayPandas
ELITE
Ratings
8 1
kwig

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
After what I've seen after rejoining, I don't believe so. Some staff just harassed me which made me quit again.
I'm really sorry to hear that and if you ever feel harrased my someone please know that there's other staff that are very much willing to look into the issue to resolve. You can always report staff members here on the forums too.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
heres my advice: dont do it LOL

CosmicLunaBunny

Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
I'm really sorry to hear that and if you ever feel harrased my someone please know that there's other staff that are very much willing to look into the issue to resolve. You can always report staff members here on the forums too.
I would, but I know it would have no effect, after getting scammed with irl money by a staff, and them not getting demoted, I don't think a simple "staff report" will do anything. Not only that staff with good reputation will not demoted.